FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Power supply problems

calicamper
I recently installed Motherboard Monitor 5 and it keeps tripping the alarm for the core 0 and core 1 sensors, set to go off if they fluctuate more than 5%. The core 0 has ranged between 1.34 and 1.47 and the core 1 has ranged between 1.79 and 1.86. Anyone know what these values are supposed to be? Does this mean I should replace the power supply?

I installed MBM because I was experiencing several lock ups and shut downs a day. At first I thought it might be something with my hard drive or a corruption in Windows XP, maybe a virus or corrupted sector of memory. The problem is that it hasn't happened since I installed MBM.... Ideas?
psycosquirrel
Run memtest to check your memory. Check system temps and make sure nothing is running too hot. What brand is your PSU? If vcore is wavering that much, either the voltage is intentionally being throttled with cpu usage or the PSU is a piece of crap...
calicamper
I ran memtest and found nothing. My PSU is a Power Magic 525 watt. My avg temp is 41 degrees C but I haven't ran anything intensive today.
psycosquirrel
Power Magic?

Ditch that crap and get an FSP, XCLIO, Seasonic, PCP&C, or anything else good. I've never heard of Power Magic, and using a power supply that I haven't heard of is risky. Razz
ForceRun
Yeap squirrel is right invest in a real PSU, they don't cost much and will last you longer than any other componet you could buy. Also make sure your arn't reading the values right, many CPUs change there power usage to save power.
fadirocks
you might need to calculate how many watts required I had good link somewhere posted on my forums which is not working right now Sad frih server 2 not working Sad
internetjobs
hiren's boot cd have lot of testing tools, use that tools to test...