FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Interesting Concept used by SEOs

peaceninja
I kind of what to know what this concept is of string comparison...maybe string comparison is what it is called?

For instance, if I want to search for the word "London" in the text "London", then I expect that, let's say, the search ratio to be 1.

If the text is "Londpn", then I expect the ratio to be somewhat close to 1 because it resembles "London". You know?

SEOs do not seem to use this close match concept but I think it would be useful especially if you are searching a database containing code. Thoughts on what this concept is called and if there is any application to it other than my own suggestion? Thanks,
lukejones
Do you know whether this really exists? I've never seen or heard it before. Where did you see this?

Luke
k_s_baskar
peaceninja wrote:
I kind of what to know what this concept is of string comparison...maybe string comparison is what it is called?

For instance, if I want to search for the word "London" in the text "London", then I expect that, let's say, the search ratio to be 1.

If the text is "Londpn", then I expect the ratio to be somewhat close to 1 because it resembles "London". You know?

SEOs do not seem to use this close match concept but I think it would be useful especially if you are searching a database containing code. Thoughts on what this concept is called and if there is any application to it other than my own suggestion? Thanks,

How do you say "Londpn" is equal to or somewhat equals to "London"?.

I know Many SEO's are using Mispelled words in their site keywords to get traffic from mispelled keyword searchs. But I can't able to understand you concept.
imagefree
peaceninja wrote:

No friends!! some do use this technique but i dont think it would be that much useful.
I think its a waste of resources (precious bandwidth od users) but the advantage and the chances of any future benifit are really low.

Explain your question in detail.
seoz87
Hmmmm... Useful or not?

well this thing is probably known as alternate keywords in SEO

& Ya it has some value & obviously Its not a waste of resources. It has an importance if you look by an seo point of view Smile

Wish You Good Luck!

SEOz87
georgekalathil
yes, we use to mispell words in order to attract traffic. but this thing is new to me....
b4r4t
Hmm ... misspeled words in keywords may give You ppls who made mistake with typing a word but lot of search engines ignore meta keywords ...

Placing misspeled words in description or title wchich are representative in search engine isn't good idea because this will make the description/title to look unproffesional at all Smile