You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you know website design, check this....

Friends!! i am experiencing a problem in Designing a page. I have uploaded the page and it is currently not functional, without any Hyperlink etc.

You can find it here...

While designing it, i was frequently checking it in IE6 (Dreamweaver has a builtin option that pressing F12 opens IE6)
The page is optimized for IE6 and appears fine in all screen resolutions in IE6. (Please ignore the problem of LOGO ie, .png file that cannot be handled in IE6, i will do it myself.)

But there is some other problem, that is when i open the same page in Opera and Firefox, it seems to be equally well in all resolutions with a common problem that the TEXT comes down of the Image. you can see it here

What i have done is i have laidout the page in a Table and images all are used as images (None is used as background).
Then i used a layer and placed a table inside it, wrote the text and placed it over an image. I need your help in thie matter how to over come this problem.

Is here any alternative of using Layer for this task?
Using Opera 9.20 on ubuntu Linux, I see all elements, except that the image below the horizontal text is positioned too close to the text. I assume the orange background behind the logo is what you wanted.

Is the vertical placement of the lower image (placed too high) the only problem? I'm not quite sure I understood you. I am able to ignore your style with user mode, and then I see all the same elements, except of course the logo is under the horizontal text, and there is plenty of room between elements.

This is how how the site appears to me. Do u see it in the same way??

THe only problem i have is that i cannot position the Horizontal Text Line

"Home--Web Designing----Web Hosting----Online Prints----Contact Us---Advertise"

It is 4-5 pixels below the place where i wanna place it. Read my first pist to know what i did with it to place there.
The placement is absolutemy right in IE6 but wrong in Opera and Firefox.

So, Please suggest me any alternative.
Yes, it looked the same to me. I don't know the rules of design well enough to help you much, but at least it is dlear what the problem is -- the horizontal text is not placed where you intended it.

Since no one else has responded, I'll pass on what little I know. Usually IE is less standards-compliant, but may handle methods that are not in the w3c standards. You could see if your page is standards-compliant by validating it at:

Sometimes you need to write conditional html code that responds differently depending on what browser is in use. I hope this helps.
i have changed the look of my site and now its blue.

Thanks for your help!!! i have now velidated the site. 9 errors were found and i removed all.

Thanks again.
You're site looks nice. Very Happy Keep up the good work Cool
dalewazhere wrote:
You're site looks nice. Very Happy Keep up the good work Cool

But I have again changes it all.

visit once again and reply.

it's like 100% better now with out all colors.. only thing I dont like is that everything is a box, box box box. boxes everywhere, even tho u are trying to not have so many boxes, but it's still the only thing I see.. anyways.. big improvement from the previous one, keep the work up!
I have worked hard to design this. So, now i will take a rest. But there is some problem that i want to discuss with you.

in the FeedBack page of my site

when one clicks on submit, i expect it to save all the data in /feedback.txt file but it doesnt do the same. can you please tell me what is the problem.
dunno what the problem is.. cause I can't see ur php code.. but I do have some codes that I can put up here.. things I use to let my cleints log in to their sites and upgrade a few texts themselves...

include 'loggedin.php';
 $anvandare = $_SESSION['anvandare'];

$file = "save/textfiles/startsv.txt";
$fh = fopen($file, 'r');
$textbox = fread($fh, filesize($file));

<!---HTML part, ur own html or w/e u wanna place ur table in--->
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="startsv" method="post" action="save/startsv.php">
<p class="admintext">Startsidan (Svenska):<br /><textarea name="startsv" rows="25" cols="47"><?= $textbox ?></textarea></p>
<input type="submit" name="Skicka" value="Uppdatera" class="log">

Will send the information to save/startsv.php that have this code

if ($_SESSION['loggedon'] == FALSE) {
 Header('Location: ../admin.php');
$file = "textfiles/startsv.txt";
$textbox    = $_POST['startsv'];
   $open = fopen($file, "w");
   fwrite($open, "\n$textbox");
Header('Location: ../adminpanel.php');

so basicly, when they are done typing their message in the textarea and press "update" their text their text is saved in a txt file..
Crying or Very sad i dont know php. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
ok, so how where u planing on saving the posts to the txt files?

otherwise u can link ur <form> to a mail, so all replyes get's to your inbox, easier coding to do that.. but u have to sort the mails out yourself..
ok if the result cant be saved in feedback.txt in the public folder then please tell me how to mail it to

The site looks okay to me. May I recommend something? I wish that you could put more spice to the layout so it would have the "bomb" that people look for.. Very Happy
still requires php tho.. this is a form I use on a clients website for their visitors to send them some feedback..

<form method="post" action="sendmail.php">
         <b>E-mail:</b> <input type="text" name="email" class="sub" /><br /><br />
         <b>Subject:</b><br />
      <textarea name="message" class="sub" rows="8" cols="40">
      </textarea><br /><br />
      <input type="submit" value="Send" />

PHP (sendmail.php)

$email = $_REQUEST['email'] ;
  $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ;

if (!isset($_REQUEST['email'])) {
    header( "Location: thanks.html" );<----//the site you'll be send to after sending ur message//
  elseif (empty($email) || empty($message)) {
<-------//no need to have this//
   header( "Expires: Mon, 20 Dec 1998 01:00:00 GMT" );
    header( "Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT" );
    header( "Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate" );
    header( "Pragma: no-cache" );
<-------//no need to have this ends here//
<-----//what happens if you don't fill out the form correctly//
    Oops, it appears you forgot to enter either your
    email address or your message. Please press the BACK
    button in your browser and try again.
<-----//what happens if you don't fill out the form correctly ends here//
  else {
    mail( "", "Feedback from website",
          $message, "From: $email" );
    header( "Location: thanks.html" );<----//what email the message should be sent to, what "topic" the mail will have, and what site you get to after sending the mail//
It means i have to make 2 more files, thanks.html and sendmail.php. If I am rite please tell me where to create those files?

Let me try the code then i will tell you about the progress.

The site looks okay to me. May I recommend something? I wish that you could put more spice to the layout so it would have the "bomb" that people look for..

Sory dont understand what you say. Very Happy
when i click submit, the following error occures

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/imagefre/domains/ on line 14

and the line 14 is

header( "Location: thanks.html" );<----//the site you'll be send to after sending ur message//

I have created a thanks.html file simple text
ImageFree Email Message sent.

but it still not work.

Please help!!!!!!!
Best use a form script for this.
Maybe PHPformgen can help (its in cPanel)
imagefree wrote:

remove my comment.. Smile

<----//the site you'll be send to after sending ur message//

that's not a propper php comment so remove that.. you should remove all my comments when u are using this... forgot to mention that.. those comments are just so you know what info you should change Smile