FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SimCity 3000

Yjaxygames
I still play it I love that game I use cheats, but that's because I want to make a large town quick, without worrying about financials Smile
I love it when commercial buildings are skycrapers, the houses are villas and the airport is large Razz
Share your thoughts about this game. Smile
Peterssidan
I have played it. It was fun in the beginning but when I realise that the game had nothing to do with the year 3000 I was not that funny. New buildings and things was cool but they stoped to come after some years in the game and I only played for some more than 100 years.

Otherwise it was fun. but too shot to be fun. I played it without cheats as I can't see the fun of cheating.
David_Pardy
I used to enjoy Simcity 2000 when I was younger. We had it on the Macs at my primary school in 1995 and we'd all compete (by cheating) to see who could make big cities. I got Simcity 3000 for a present a few years ago.

But the thing is... I'm over the game. It's got its charm, but it gets old quickly.
spinout
I also think it got old quick, i played for some hours then it was just like the old ones...
Packfan104L4
I just like taking a prebuilt and disastering it to the ground. Why build your own and destroy it, that takes too long :p
hlavco
I started with SimCity on Super Nintendo, and that was a lot of fun. Then I moved up to SimCity 2000, which was awesome because I also had Streets of SimCity and SimCopter, so I could drive and fly around all my cities, and make fun race course towns. They really need to remake Streets of SimCity, with SimCity 4 or whatever's coming out next.

On SimCity 2000, I loved the randomly generated events in the newspaper, and the llama fascination. Then in 3000 they had the news ticker, which was also llama-filled and hilarious.

After that I got SimCity 4, which was really great because it was true 3D, and it had the connected regions. It wasn't as funny as previous titles, but it was still a lot of fun, and looked nice, though it ran kinda slow on my computer because of it.
iNs@nE
These are old games people. Get out of them and start playing the new ones. Duh..! Move on now already..
Packfan104L4
iNs@nE wrote:
These are old games people. Get out of them and start playing the new ones. Duh..! Move on now already..

Umm, 99% of the new games released nowadyas are total crap. The older ones still entertain most of us, even me. THAT'S the quality of a good game. Not some 6 month tossed together POS to make a quick buck
David_Pardy
Just ignore the heathen, he probably plays Runescape anyway...
Packfan104L4
David_Pardy wrote:
Just ignore the heathen, he probably plays Runescape anyway...

Can't stand that game Laughing
waway
i like that game but now i love playing nba live 2k7
Tom7
yeah, never really got the sim series, i just never saw the fun in it. i prefer more action games.
Teddy1
I played this was great at first but like others say it got old quick. I agree with Packfan104L4. 99% of new games released nowadays are complete and utter rubbish they don't have a good plot or anything most games are based on gfx nowadays they think that if the gfx are good then the game will be good but that's not true. I still play sonic now and then 2D game but it's really fun i can complete it in a day but still i like it. Take mario for example pure classic that can keep you entertained 'cause you know you like it. It has a good storyline and is very entertaining. Sorry for going a bit off topic now back to the topic at hand. I bought The Sims and some expansion packs too i like this series just because you are in control of what's happening to your own place. These games are life simulators and this is what i like about them most.
Packfan104L4
Bought Restaurant Empire like 2 weeks ago and Im utterly addicted. It's fun trying to put up with annyoing people that think your food is too expensive.

It's not the ease of simulation games that I like. When they program in difficulties and twists, THAT'S when I get addicted.
silverdown
I can never get cheats to work, I have the game which I never play because I can't cheat Very Happy. I am a cheater. Sometimes a play games without cheats but Sim City I have to.
Tuxy
I played SimCity once at my nephews' but I never realy liked it tbh.
ddukki
I remember when I was really into this game. Me and my friend used no cheats to fill up a whole Large Map with clean industries, split in the middle by a river and a coastline at the bottom. I think we made over 7 figures per month ... virtually of course.
Tuxy
Oops, double post. This can be removed, or something.
mattchun
I like the idea of Sim City, but it developed too far away from its first version.
gtherockgod
Oh Sim city.....takes me back to my developmental years Cool