FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

video conversion in C#

umeshtangnu
I'm not really sure where to post this, but I figured since I'll most likely be attempting this in C#, I may as well post here. First, a little background:

I want to create a program that will convert between video formats. Initially, all it needs to do is convert from FLV (Flash video) format to MPEG-4. As I understand it, FLV is a container format for MPEG-4 video and (I believe) MP3 audio, but I'm really a novice when it comes to video encoding and the formats involved. If I'm right, it should be a relatively trivial thing to do, but I've got no idea where to start.

I know of FFMPEG, but I've never used it (novice to this stuff, remember). I've also looked online, and while there are a lot of apps out there that will do what I need, I want to be able to do it programmatically.

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on how to approach this, I'd really appreciate them. I'm not asking how to do the conversion (though I won't turn down help there), but rather for resources or tips others might have on how to do it myself. I'd like do code this in C#, but using C or C++ is also doable, and if resources use those languages, I should be able to adapt them to my purposes.