FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Baby Names

ehecatl
So I found out on May 3rd that my boyfriend and I are having a little boy (I'm 21 weeks). We were hoping for a little girl, but we'll love a boy just the same. ^_^ However, we're having a hard time coming up with names for a boy. I have three that I like so far. We don't want anything too common like Eric or Josh or Micheal, but we don't want anything so unique that no one can pronounce it, lol. So far we have Cameron and Haiden, is there anyone that has a other good suggestions for me? We've looked through a baby name book, but we didn't find anything we liked, sometimes good names aren't in them...
rheanna
I'll never have a kid but if I ever do it will be named Raquel Alexis Rheanna [Last name]
Aless
Cameron is good. I'm like you, in that when I have children, they are going to have unique (but not hideously unusual) names. One of my favorite boys names at the moment is Aidan. I also like Kieran. Penchant for the Irish! Smile
ehecatl
Alot of my friends like the name Aidan too but my sister's boyfriend's kid is named Aidan, lol. And I like the name Kieren, that's a good one!
ryanh2006
First of all congrats on the pregnancy luv, way to go. I wish you many years of happiness. I am a boy and I love being named Ryan. Is it weird to really dig your own name?!! Very Happy Anyways back on the topic at hand! Kieren is a fine name indeed. There is also Liam which is also great in my books. Like "Aless" suggested I think Cameron is also awesome. Rory is another excellent choice (although I was surprised to find out that in the States it is also used as a girl's name!). Keen on Brit names? Trevor, Nelson, Harold, Francis.... Hope I didn't blabber on too much! Take care and have a wonderful pregnancy! Very Happy
Vedder6
If i have a girl im going to call her Rain and if its a boy im going to call him Caster Smile
Keran
I think that Cameron and Haiden sounds like a girl name for me.
Aless wrote:
I also like Kieran. Penchant for the Irish! Smile

Yay you almost like me ;]
I like my name too, but Kieran sounds a little palatalized, Keran is better Very Happy
bmxgv04
Try DAVE MIRRA

ehecatl wrote:
So I found out on May 3rd that my boyfriend and I are having a little boy (I'm 21 weeks). We were hoping for a little girl, but we'll love a boy just the same. ^_^ However, we're having a hard time coming up with names for a boy. I have three that I like so far. We don't want anything too common like Eric or Josh or Micheal, but we don't want anything so unique that no one can pronounce it, lol. So far we have Cameron and Haiden, is there anyone that has a other good suggestions for me? We've looked through a baby name book, but we didn't find anything we liked, sometimes good names aren't in them...
mshinwari
i will never want to have babies they are soo annoying samtime but i have 1 i will name him simon if her tina
jylan
For a girl I reckon Inala is a nice unusal name and a good boy's name would be Dan Smile But hey, they're just names I randomly though of. There's just so many names you could use Confused
justnewbie
Yeah, I would sort of in the same mind. If I ever had one, I would try to find for an uncommon but not too unusual name. Try Alexis?
funnyerror
How about kaidins, or Brady, or napoleon.
JBotAlan
Here, here's 16,000 of them to choose from...

http://www.babynamesworld.com/

I love Google. I can see myself Googling why my kid is crying in the (hopefully not too near) future...the image of me with a baby on one arm and a laptop in my lap occupying the other is a pretty humorous one...
ehecatl
lol! I can see a baby in one arm and a computer in the other... Our world is so attached to technology that it's not hard to imagine...! Thank you all for your input, some of the names already weren't in the baby name book, like Kieren for example. And the fact that you mention Ryan for a name is funny because that's what my mom wants me to name the baby but I've had bad expeiriences with Ryan's (No offense) and I don't want that attached to my baby if you know what I mean... Anyway, I appreciate all input and look forward to hearing more!
Sparda
Saying that this will be a boy, and I like the names, I would go with...

Jake [Middle Name] [Last Name]
or
Jace [Middle Name] [Last Name]
or
Jacob [Middle Name] [Last Name]

I like the letter J. Very Happy
filet
hi,

i luv naming babies.

if baby girl, Zara Alexia

if baby boy , Kyle Ian Reece
Lucifer
Hmm. William, could be known as Billy or Liam?
Dom? Marcus?
skygaia
Congratulation.. Very Happy
I think Haiden is good..
knight_frost
That's great.. I think Angel is a best name for it.. but its still your choice.
Obake
Hey, congratulations!

As far as naming the baby goes, think about what's most important to you--you want something fairly distinctive but not confusing, obviously, but think about things like whether the sound or the meaning or the origin of the name are important, too, and which is most important. You say you've tried a name book or two--try a couple more. A lot of them are quite basic, but occasionally you'll come across something that gives you a really thorough idea of what's actually behind the names it lists.

I've got one of those sitting on my knee now--it's called Names from Here and Far: The New Holand Dictionary of Names, by William T. S. Noble--and it's fantastic: very thorough, very well-researched. It's an Australian book, but if you're not Australian, I'm sure there must be books like it where you are too.

Another way of going about it is thinking about people you admire in real life, or even fictional characters, if any have had a special impact on you or your boyfriend. Or, take a relatively common name that you like and tweak the spelling a bit.

I hope any of that's some help to you. Good luck, anyway.
Yantaal
something heroic like yorich, or something that makes people think, yeah, hes a badass

like murry.

i have a mate called Murray Law and that is a bad ass name.

i also think a name like Jack is pretty cool leaves itself open for cool knicknames liek Jacknkife, Ripper, or aint got, and people will sing to him like, hit the road jack and dont you back no more no more.

think of a name that has possibilities then you got your name.
Gilgamesh
My children, i will name them like:
Adam, Sarah, Bianca, Orlando, Damian, Melody.

But, this will be in 4, 5 years
silvermesh
I always liked Gabriel, and so did my wife until we found out we were actually having a boy, now we have Alexander.
eggg
I've always loved the names Gustav and Percival. If I ever have a daughter, I'll name her Spica Rain, after the star and my mother, respectively. Star names are great, but you'll have to sift through a lot of Arabic if you want something "pronounceable" to the English tongue. How about Nunki, or Rigel!
hofodomo01
Hmm...I suppose normal names will be less made fun of. But I always liked unconventional names. Go with classical Greek or Latin if you're daring ^_^

Well, there's always the traditional ones if you don't like those.
Davidgr1200
These days it's a good idea if a name:
1. Is easy to pronounce correctly just by looking at the word
2. Has no "strange" characters in it (Can be difficult to type on some keyboards)
3. Is easy to see if it is male or female (Haiden?)
4. Is not a swearword in a foreign language.

If you want to be ahead of the times check what your Great Grandfather's name was - names tend to go in waves. His name will probbaly be popular again in a few years time.
ItsWesley
I've always had the idea that cry was a good baby name, although the child could get bulied or teased, so that isnt a great idea.
Other names I like are alex and clive, maybe you'll like them maybe not.
Vimor
Don't name him Richard...... thats all I have to say.

No offense to anyone else named Richard. Just I've seen plenty of kids get shoved out of the spotlight with that name since a short name for it is Dick.......
ehecatl
Vimor wrote:
Don't name him Richard...... thats all I have to say.

No offense to anyone else named Richard. Just I've seen plenty of kids get shoved out of the spotlight with that name since a short name for it is Dick.......

Lol, it's funny you should say that because that name is DEFINITELY LAST on the list! My boyfriends name is Richard as is his uncle's, two of my uncle's, my grandfather's, and one of each of our cousins! So no, definitely NOT Richard! lol!

Davidgr1200 wrote:
2. Has no "strange" characters in it (Can be difficult to type on some keyboards)

If you want to be ahead of the times check what your Great Grandfather's name was - names tend to go in waves. His name will probbaly be popular again in a few years time.

Lol, I like number four! And Haiden may be sketchy, but Cameron is pretty sketchy too, Rich thinks it's too girly, but I always thought of it and Haiden as boys names...

silvermesh wrote:
I always liked Gabriel, and so did my wife until we found out we were actually having a boy, now we have Alexander.

Rich and I like the name Gabriel too but that was the name of one of my ex's older brothers... That particular ex happens to still be my longest relationship >_<

Obake wrote:
Hey, congratulations!

As far as naming the baby goes, think about what's most important to you--you want something fairly distinctive but not confusing, obviously, but think about things like whether the sound or the meaning or the origin of the name are important, too, and which is most important. You say you've tried a name book or two--try a couple more. A lot of them are quite basic, but occasionally you'll come across something that gives you a really thorough idea of what's actually behind the names it lists.

I've got one of those sitting on my knee now--it's called Names from Here and Far: The New Holand Dictionary of Names, by William T. S. Noble--and it's fantastic: very thorough, very well-researched. It's an Australian book, but if you're not Australian, I'm sure there must be books like it where you are too.

Another way of going about it is thinking about people you admire in real life, or even fictional characters, if any have had a special impact on you or your boyfriend. Or, take a relatively common name that you like and tweak the spelling a bit.

I hope any of that's some help to you. Good luck, anyway.

Thank you! And no, I'm not Australian, but that would be AWESOME! I love Australians, and I know a bunch of em too, but I'm American... And yeah, we have plenty of books with names and meanings and such, I have one of 100,000+ names, but it's funny, I couldn't find any names I liked. Sad
meet in rio
http://www.behindthename.com is a brilliant resource, so I'd definitely recommend that you have a look at that. There are also lists of the most popular names throughout the past 100 years or so, you you can make sure you're not naming your baby something like Aiden or Emma where the little tyke will be one of five others in its class.

My favourites *ahem*: ALASTAIR, ALETHEA, ANDRÉIA, ANGELA, ANTONIA, CASPIAN, ELSE, EMMANUEL, EMMANUELLE, FRANCIS, FRIEDE, HAMISH, HESTER, ISOLDE, JOB, JULIA, LAURE, LAURENCE (for both genders), LEO, LEOCADIA, LEONID, LEONOR, LIBERTY, MÁIRE, MARÍA, MARY, OLIVER, PALOMA, RIVER, RÓBERT, ROBERTA, ROSEMARY, SEBASTIAN, SEREN, TACITA, THEA, THEIA, THEO, THOMAS, TILDA, TOVA, TOVE, VERA, VERITY, VIOLET.
Obake
ehecatl wrote:
Thank you! And no, I'm not Australian, but that would be AWESOME! I love Australians, and I know a bunch of em too, but I'm American... And yeah, we have plenty of books with names and meanings and such, I have one of 100,000+ names, but it's funny, I couldn't find any names I liked. Sad

^^ Well, if you like, I could go through and PM you a list of names I think you might like from that book. I find that a lot of baby naming books (and quite a few baby name sites) go for quantity of names over quality of research, so you can wind up with a lot of outlandish-sounding names and some really dubious meanings.
ehecatl
Obake wrote:
ehecatl wrote:

^^ Well, if you like, I could go through and PM you a list of names I think you might like from that book. I find that a lot of baby naming books (and quite a few baby name sites) go for quantity of names over quality of research, so you can wind up with a lot of outlandish-sounding names and some really dubious meanings.

That would be awesome! It would be cool to know what's popular and hear some different names from another country! Sometimes you just need that little spin on things... Even if that country is still speaking primarily english and thus probably has alot of the same names... ^_^

And to what "meet in rio" said, Lawrence was on the list because that's Rich's middle name, but then we crossed it off cause of the nickname Larry... lol. No offense to any Larry's out there of course... ^_^
karysky
Congratulations ! Smile

As for the names, I'm French, and my favourite names have always been:

Alexandre, Nathan, and William.
Heart Ticket
ehecatl wrote:

Call him John!! lol
PatTheGreat42
My brother really really really really really really wanted my parents to name my little sister Gonzo. She wound up as Arras instead, but point is, "Aris" could make a nice name, no?

Actually, I vote for Gonzo. WAY better.
filet
one more thing when you name your baby ..make sure that it wont rhyme that can be use when name call by school bullies...like the movie never been kissed played by drew barrymore josie grossy!!!!!!
mialynavahy
hum, for a baby boy : Tyam, Jude, Kenzo, Loan, Keri, Randy, Arian, Miguel, Hayden
Dalv87
Congrats. Smile Ones like Dominic, Aaron, and Nathan (I think someone said that one already) are pretty good since they're not too common but pretty hard to misspell.
Vanilla
ehecatl wrote:

Eric is a very powerful name, it means "famous warrior". It's my brother's name, and it was given after my grandfather's name. Here in Brasil, the name Eric is spelled "Érico". Very Happy

Cameron and Haiden are unique in different ways, the two are lovely! I think that any of these will be perfect. There are other beautiful names, such as Isabela (it'll be my daughter's name), Gabriel, Aline, Raphael, Maria...
fx-trading-education
Davidgr1200 wrote:

I agree with that.
personnaly I had a little girl and my wife and me are from different nationalities. So we had to find a name that is pronounced the same way in both languages and doesn't sound bad or ridiculous on any language. And that's already removing a lot of possible names.
Cameron is probably pronounced the same way in many languages. The only thing is that you think immediately at Cameron Diaz. But that is maybe not bad Very Happy
Haiden looks good as well but it's true that it is not obvious if it is a name for a boy or a girl (I guess it is for a boy).
Sometimes ther are funny things: for instance Mario is a name for a boy in Italy but for a girl in Finland (written Marjo but pronounced the same way)
Obake
Hi, I'm about to send the first batch of names to you (I've done A to M). Mostly they're Irish/Scottish/Welsh in origin, which perhaps betrays some of my predilections and background (I have a very mixed ancestry, but the biggest ingredient in the mix that I'm aware of is Irish). There's also a bunch of names coming from Old English, or else getting to England via the Norman invasion; some Greek/Roman/Latinate names, some Hebrew, and a couple of others.

I've included a couple of extremely common names (Alexander and John, for example) because they sometimes have some very nice, unusual variations that you may not have come across.

Please let me know which you like of this bunch, so that I can have a clearer idea of the sort of names you're looking for while I comb the rest of the book. ^^
kevin briggs
i have two girls there names our megan and sian.they are welsh names.but our family is from ireland.typical of the irish.
exarkun
kevin briggs wrote:
i have two girls there names our megan and sian.they are welsh names.but our family is from ireland.typical of the irish.

Just for your information that in our dialect called hokkien, sian is a meaning for boring.. =)
erlendhg
Congratulations Smile
Unfortunately, I'm Norwegian, so I have no good suggestions to come up with.
Duncan Idaho
Now that I think about it, there are many (rational) possibilities of what one's name could be. Perhaps you should name your child something according to your heritage. Like, if you are German or Irish, you would name him something that would be of German or Irish origin. I don't have any suggestions myself, but I hope that I've helped.
Bockman
Firstly, good luck and enjoy these next months as best as you can. you will be (are already) experiencing some new and amazing situations on a daily basis Wink

I got confused on the names to give 'cos i didn't understand from the first post if you already knew it was a boy or not. But my favorite names would be Tobias or Alexander (my kids name), Vera or Sophia .

I have a few more i love, but don't really know if they exist in english.

Be Well Cool
WallBase
If my girl have a
Girl i want the name to be: Kine or Kristina
Boy i want the name to be: Ole or Chris(s)
very great names ppls have here^^,)
ehecatl
I like Tobias, and Hayden is on my list. Smile Eric is a little too common for me... I like Dominic too. Smile
missdixy
Adrean !!
ehecatl
missdixy wrote:
Adrean !!

Personally, I really like that one, and it was on my list, but my boyfriend crossed it off because for some reason, he doesn't like it Sad
Tuxy
Yoshi
JimmyHoffa1029
If its a girl: Kristen (its my gf's name) (i like her name , its very beautiful)
If its a boy:Jason (its my name)

=) hopes this helps
missdixy
ehecatl wrote:
missdixy wrote:
Adrean !!

Personally, I really like that one, and it was on my list, but my boyfriend crossed it off because for some reason, he doesn't like it Sad

Aw, that's sad Sad
thealpha
I don't have baby..So noname Embarassed
Hemen
James.
datter
I've always like older, sort of odd names. Oscar, Henry, Harold, Herman to name a few. That said, my wife prevailed and we ended up with two... Noah and Caleb. Smile
JimmyHoffa1029
I'll add more to the list:

Quote:

Girl:

Kristen
Kayla
Ashley
Sarah
Christine

Boy:
Tyler
Jason
James
Jesse
Jackson
Richard
Adam
Aaron

<James007>Quote-tags added</007>
James007
Please use quote-tags when quoting lists of names...
zanzou
My friend's mom just had a baby... Named him Phillip. I think that's a great name. :)
balticJay
Congratulations Very Happy
i have three boys Paul, Callum and Jack as you can see i never went with the unusual names, when my first son was born i named him after my partner and his middle name after my dad, my middle son i just couldn't decide so i waited until he was born, i did ask the male nurse and he said his name was collum so we comprimised a bit and called him callum and i know this is going to sound weird but the name really suited him, my third son name i picked halfway through my pregnancy. whatever you name you decide i'm sure will be great and i wish your child health and happiness.
bartdou
your boyfriend? is not he your husband? i do not think having a baby before married is a good thing, i don't like children such things,
Lessien
first of all, Congratulations with the baby
i wish you lots of joy
as for the names, i would also have suggested the site behindthename.com because so far i can see, it is a good one. alloying you to look on the meaning or language of the name. there are even themes like flowery, watery and so on.
i personally think that when chosing a name, it alse should have a good or lovely meaning.
for boy names i have at the moment 4 favourite names:

BRAN
Usage: Irish, Irish Mythology
Pronounced: BRAN [key]
Means "raven" in Irish. In Irish legend Bran was a mariner who was involved in several adventures.
means also in Welsh legend Bran the Blessed (called also Bendigeid Vran) was the son of the god Llyr. Later Welsh legends describe him as a king of Britain who was killed attacking Ireland.

BRENDAN
Usage: Irish, English
Pronounced: BREN-dan [key]
From Brendanus, the Latinized form of the Irish name Bréanainn which was derived from a Welsh word meaning "prince". Saint Brendan was a 6th-century Irish abbot. According to legend he and 17 other monks crossed the Atlantic and reached North America.

VARTAN
Usage: Armenian
Derived from Armenian vart "rose".

EZRA
Usage: Biblical, English, Jewish
Pronounced: EZ-ra (English) [key]
Means "help" in Hebrew. Ezra was a prophet of the Old Testament and the author of the Book of Ezra. The American poet Ezra Pound was a famous bearer of this name.

i always added the meaning of them, hope they are of some help
seanooi
for girls I like the names vivian and carmen
boys I'd say adam or jason sounds nice.
ehecatl
I like the name Ezra... We had decided upon Jayden for awhile, but then decided to scratch it because my aunt's name is Jaydeena and I didn't want it to be assumed that we were naming the baby after her (even though I didn't think about that until after we'd picked the name...). As much as I love my Auntie Jay, she's not the kind of person I want to name my baby after. Not to mention any name picked by Brittney Spears for her baby can't possibly be that great anyway... lol. Now we're thinking about Trenton, but I have an issue with that one too, but Rich and I both like the name Peyton and have no issues with that one, so that might just be the one... What do you think? Peyton Lee? Peyton... ?

And yes by the way, boyfriend. You can't marry someone who's still technically, well legally, married to their ex. We're not muslims. I'd appreciate it if you would think about what you're saying and the possible reasons for another's situation before you make comments on things you know nothing about in the future, bartdou.
tony
Vedder6 wrote:
If i have a girl im going to call her Rain and if its a boy im going to call him Caster Smile

these are interesting names. i think it is good to have interesting, but stay clear from too eccentric. i think this 2 are great choices!
304esque
Awwh I wish I didn't know that BS named her baby Jayden D:

I particularly like that name >_<

Hehe if i were you i'd still go for that name if it wasn't for the aunt XD

I had a good name while scrolling the thread, but couldn't quite remember XD

another name's that in my head right now is Rowan <3
ehecatl
304esque wrote:
Awwh I wish I didn't know that BS named her baby Jayden D:

I particularly like that name >_<

Hehe if i were you i'd still go for that name if it wasn't for the aunt XD

I had a good name while scrolling the thread, but couldn't quite remember XD

another name's that in my head right now is Rowan <3

Yeah I know! I was walking through Pick n Save thinking about how much I liked the name Jayden except for the fact of my aunt and I just happened to look at the tabloids. One of them had in big bold letters Britney's boys Sean and Jayden... la di da and I was like awww, SHE picked Jayden first?! Bummer. But I still really like the name. I just wish my aunt's name wasn't Jaydeena... Sad And I like Rowan too but one of my friends just named her little girl that... Sad lol.
timob
I think a baby name has to be chosen ONLY when you know what is the name meaning. I think the name of each of us INFLUENCES our life and can even change it, change our thoughts, behavior and so on. So be very attentive when you name your baby
VPGroup
Cameron is the perfeckt girl..
katulong
Hmmm... What about.. Mika? Whould dat be good? Laughing
LeatherRose
when i have babies i want to a boy and then a girl..
the girl i want her name to be lilyana kor (last name)
and for a boy me and my fiance keep getting stuck on names too
i like

chandler, noah, zayd, alexander, xander, jayden, raygen,
ehecatl
Hi! I've not posted in forever because I was off having a baby! lol. anyway thank you all for your input and help with names! We decided to go with Peyton Lawrence Mortimer Smile And I must say this about a previous post: you're right, baby in one arm, computer in the other! lol.
JBotAlan
ehecatl wrote:
And I must say this about a previous post: you're right, baby in one arm, computer in the other! lol.

Awesome! It is amazing how much health-related info is up on the web.
ankitdatashn
First of all congrats miss that you have got a son, May god's blessing shine on the new born. Now regarding your question of naming the boy well there are many options and as I know there will be many people from around the world from different countries who can suggest a name!

I personally think that you can try some indian name to show some cross-national(hope it's a word in dictionary) love. You can name like Amitab, sachin, ravi, abhishek, harry, ritesh, ankit, gaurav. All these are great names in my country.

If you like then I would also suggest you could try in some names of hollywood actors like tom, arnold, robert, etc, etc. The end decision is though upto you!!

I again wish you and your baby (& also your husband) great future in future!! [Smile]
PatTheGreat42
Before my sister was born, my brother REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted her to be named "Gonzo." I say go for it. It automatically leads to a killer nickname: The Great Gonzo.

Also, Cullen is a good name. Not saying that it's my name. My name's Pat. Which is an even awesomer name, but saying so would be pretentious.

So yeah. Go for Cullen. But don't name him one of those stupid "usually a girl name but hell why not let's call our boy that" names. Those poor kids never grow up to lead full, healthful lives.

Oooh, if you don't like Cullen, try Ian. That's a good name.
Davidgr1200
A tip: Make sure you use a name which starts with a different letter of the alphabet than anyone else in the family. The child will get letters addressed to C.Smith at some stage in his/her life, and if your name also begins with C then there will be confusion.
kuhdorf
nice ressource
rappn
Here comes 50 different boys name;
That i copied from this site:
http://www.babyhold.com/babynames/Popular/Popular_boy_names_in_the_US_for_2006/
Hope you find one name that fits! Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy
1 Jacob
2 Michael
3 Joshua
4 Matthew
5 Ethan
6 Andrew
7 Daniel
8 Anthony
9 Christopher
10 Joseph
11 William
12 Alexander
13 Ryan
14 David
15 Nicholas
16 Tyler
17 James
18 John
19 Jonathan
20 Nathan
21 Samuel
22 Christian
23 Noah
24 Dylan
25 Benjamin
26 Logan
27 Brandon
28 Gabriel
29 Zachary
30 Jose
31 Elijah
32 Angel
33 Kevin
34 Jack
35 Caleb
36 Justin
37 Austin
38 Evan
39 Robert
40 Thomas
41 Luke
42 Mason
43 Aidan
44 Jackson
45 Isaiah
46 Jordan
47 Gavin
48 Connor
49 Aiden
50 Isaac

Happy halloween!
Over and out!
russel26
i have a son name humprey rafael... the cutest name of me Razz
riv_
I think it's important to pick a name that means something to you. Our son's name has a story behind it. He is 3, and he loves to hear the story of his name. And we often find ourselves exchanging stories with people - we learn a lot about people and their children, in hearing them tell the stories of why their children have the names they do!
Congratulations! And enjoy the naming of your baby!
(PS-the computer in one hand and baby in the other scenario has become the story of my life... but use the desktop,not the laptop... more room for baby that way Razz )
taitj
ehecatl wrote:
Alot of my friends like the name Aidan too but my sister's boyfriend's kid is named Aidan, lol. And I like the name Kieren, that's a good one!

We like Aiden as well
taitj
We have a bunch of names that we like, but look at names that we try to make sure that they would not have any crazy nick names associated with it so that they are not made fun of for the nick names.
taitj
Some baby names we found:

Baby names, give us your input for boy

Blaize
Aiden
Connor
Broden
Jayden
Cole
Evan
Aaron

Baby names, give us your input for girl

Bronwyn
Cynthia
Payten
Addison
Haley
Meghan
Brianna
Ayla
guy_davis
Good choices. The Baby Name Map is great for seeing the popularity of a name around the world. Check out the popularity of Cameron
and Haiden.
riv_
Quote:
taitj:
We have a bunch of names that we like, but look at names that we try to make sure that they would not have any crazy nick names associated with it so that they are not made fun of for the nick names.

I grew up with a guy whose mom named him with that very same thing in mind. She named him Adrian, and one of the reasons was that there weren't any nasty nicknames that could come from it...
She had know way of knowing that AIDS would be discovered in his youth, and sure enough, that became his nickname...
Being named after an STD (that no-one had ever heard of yet) was far worse than all the nicknames she had imagined (and deliberately avoided) for her son!

You just never know what the future holds. Very Happy