FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Application Donr Run

umeshtangnu
Hi
i have Windows Xp Sp2 ,of late mine applications have stopped working either i get an error "The application is not a Win32 program " or something like that or nothing happens .
Also can some body tell me how to activate disk check on boot up when ever there is a power failure mine is mysteriously stopped.
kizarop
it seems that virus damaged your executable files. For disk check use command "chkdsk x:" (where x is drive letter") in command prompt or simply use win+R.
umeshtangnu
that i know how to run the check disk but why does it not run automatically
also now when ever i start mine system it asks for drivers every time
i cant reinstall windows as i have lot of application installed (work related ) which i cant get again
yjwong
My advice to you is to do a full disk backup before everything goes away. This problem is most probably caused by a virus. I'm not sure, but maybe you should deploy some anti-virus softwares on your computer, or you can diagnose the problem manually.
polly-gone
Well, one reason that it might not have dik-check run i because it only run under cirtain circumtances. I have Vista and if i hut it off by the button or if the power goes out, it only run disk check sometimes if it think there was a problem, like if my coputer froze and i hit the button it will run dik check but if im too lazy to get up and turn it off after i have decided to get off, i jut press the button and no dik check runs. Was that helpful? Sorry if it was long winded.
mystzero
umeshtangnu wrote:
that i know how to run the check disk but why does it not run automatically
also now when ever i start mine system it asks for drivers every time
i cant reinstall windows as i have lot of application installed (work related ) which i cant get again

Try resetting the autochk string in the registry. You can do that by going to "Start" | "Run" and type in cmd. Click "OK". At the command prompt, type in chkntfs /d. Press <Enter>.
DecayClan
It seams like the damage has agreat extend... Just back everything up, and pay a progffessional to do it for you, to be sure that everything will be fine, and that you will not lose all any of your stuff
Teddy1
No professional is needed. To do chkdsk you have to make sure your HD isn't locked to run chkdsk successfully click Start > Run > Type cmd.exe > press enter > In the console window type chkdsk /f > Press enter this will then ask you if you wish to run chkdsk upon system startup just press Y and then enter. Restart your computer. It is possible that a virus has done this. Another possible solution would be to use system restore to a previous date where this problem wasn't happening. I hope i have been of some help to you.