FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URGENT HELP NEEDED

hawkwing8
Well i have an urgent problem..

Every so often a pop up will pop-up. saying "windows is running on un-reconized files,please insert windows XP server pack 2 CD"
Well i re-installed service pack 2.. but i still get this problem.

Well that wasnt my REAL problem.. i am thinking of a re-format/re-boot, but if i do this, i would have to enter all internet connection details to connect to my wireless network.. but in-order for that.. we need our WPA key (or something) and im afriad we have forgotten that... So i was wondering if anyone could post a suggestion on how to get the WPA key that is currently attached with our router which enables me to connect?

Much thanks
xorcist
You can find that information in your router, Go to your routers Control Panel and go to some Setting in there and you would find the WPA You can also change the WPA from in there I dont know the exact place where it is but If you type in your routers name into Google or Look at your Instructions CD You will be able to find it.
Kushagra93
Download This Tool Then Run This Tool Windows File Protection Switcher 1.0
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Windows_File_Protection_Switcher/1106499902/1

Click On Patch And Then Yes

Now Add Some Points Laughing
froginabox
Absolute worst case you can sniff your own network for the key... every 16 million packets I think? I forget exactly. Mentioned in a passing conversation about the insecurity of wireless with my boss.
jcnet
Hey friend,

Those words appear only when YOU/SOME-SOFTWARES attempt to change WINDOWS Files located in \WINDOWS directory or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory...

Make sure you dont have any virus or spyware like thing...

Happy Computing
internetjobs
i think this may be the invalid version of os file... so use sfc command to check and replace the file with your os cd.