FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Gears of War (Xbox 360) - Big Image





Lucifer
Okay so who has the best game out at the moment?
I do, I have completed it on almost all difficulties and play Live alot. I want to know what you think about it.

To be honest, untill you get into it you will not believe me when I say, this is the best game ever.

The graphics are mad, the gameplay is awesome. It's like you're really there.

Screenshot:



Look at http://www.gearsofwar.com for more information.
gtherockgod
awwww hell that Locust is gonna get chainsaw'd
lukeropro
Gears of War looks pretty good with awesome details. Too bad my sucky computer can't take such graphics. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get another computer.
Lucifer
lukeropro wrote:
Gears of War looks pretty good with awesome details. Too bad my sucky computer can't take such graphics. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get another computer.

I think you mis-understood me. It's a Xbox 360 game, not PC.
mynameis
yeh gears of war is a truly awesome game. The graphics are unreal (more than anything a ps3 could run) and the gameplay is perfect

xbox live gamertag: Smithy1158

I've completed it on all difficulties and its not a short game forget what anyone says cos there probably haven't even got a 360, and the multiplayer is the best its probably my most played online game, and with the new content 5 new multiplayer maps, up for download, new game modes, annex gears of war will stay a solid game for a long time.

360 FTW!
mynameis
yeh Gears of war isn't on PC and sorry but most probably won't ever be because it definitely not a PC game and anyone who's played gears of war on the 360 to the end on Insane (Very hard difficulty) will agree with me its not a pc game.

Edit: sorry for double posting...

360 FTW!
Kelcey
mynameis wrote:
yeh Gears of war isn't on PC and sorry but most probably won't ever be because it definitely not a PC game and anyone who's played gears of war on the 360 to the end on Insane (Very hard difficulty) will agree with me its not a pc game.

Edit: sorry for double posting...

360 FTW!


It IS coming to PC. Just most likely for not a long time. The game was great... just a bit short.
Osmodius
mynameis wrote:
yeh gears of war is a truly awesome game. The graphics are unreal (more than anything a ps3 could run) and the gameplay is perfect

xbox live gamertag: Smithy1158

I've completed it on all difficulties and its not a short game forget what anyone says cos there probably haven't even got a 360, and the multiplayer is the best its probably my most played online game, and with the new content 5 new multiplayer maps, up for download, new game modes, annex gears of war will stay a solid game for a long time.

360 FTW!


It is indeed coming to PC, people often joke about what would happen if PC users could play against XBox users. Noone would be playing it on XBox Live anymore, that's for sure.

Also, it could run on PS3 and then some, dunno where you got the idea that the 360 is more powerful than the PS3.
tsj-rid3
I personally loved this game. The Online Multiplayer makes the game that much better. With the new maps coming out, even though they cost 800 Microsoft Points, the game is becoming bigger, and better than ever. Annex was a real let down, but the new maps make up for it IMO.
mynameis
Anything is possible since it is Published by Microsoft Game Studios They'd Probably Try and use Both markets... One thing is for sure its not coming to ps3 (MGS - publisher and it probably couldn't run it at this stage in time) ps3 has more powerful processors (8 RSX dedicated) but the 360 beats it by miles in any other corner, just compare the spec. Plus those 8 RSX processors are Very very hard to develop for, as I said in time Developers could learn through time, developing for the platform how to exploit the massive power of The ps3 CPU but at the moment with such little knowledge and low spec. in other areas. Not at this time.

My point was about Gears of war not suited to pc is that Gears of War is not a point and click Mouse + keyboard game and if it ever came to the PC it wouldn't be made more PC-ish and would just be a 360 port and plus u'd have to use the 360 controller.

Edit: Gears of War's Xbox Live multiplayer will most probably still be there when a pc version comes out. GOW has had 445,206 Players just this week on ranked matches alone, just check the leaderboards. Even if tones of sequels, Halo 3 does come out in that time Still be huge...
ryanh2006
Hey there guys. I have had my Xbox now for about 2 months and I am still floored by its awesomeness! The graphics and sound thanks to my 40 inch Samsung HD TV and sound are driving me insane! And I used to think that PC gaming was better than console!!! GoW is just SICK!! I still in awe over its graphics and the gameplay is brilliant. I can't get enough of it!! I am replaying it again and I am still impressed. I can't imagine what those geniuses are planning for GoW 2 and 3!
bhzh
Gears of War did what Halo 1 did for the Xbox. It was a beautiful game that gave people a reason to buy both the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live. The only problems with Gears of War is the campaign. It was way too short and the story was too mediocre. But the multiplayer is amazing. Chainsawing that unsuspected sniper is always fun.
Related topics
Xbox 360 Projected To Outpace Playstation
XBOX 360 vs. PS3
xbox 360 the big picture
Xbox 360 vs PS3
XBOX 360 Release Dates
xbox 360 DISAPPOINTING so far
Xbox 360 VS PS3, WHO'S GONNA WIN?
Xbox 360 can damage your discs physically!
Mac OS X on a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3? Maybe possible?
XBOX 360's new Movie and TV store.
What Runs The Xbox 360 And The PS3 ..... Which Is Better ?
Ps3 Or Xbox 360
E3 2009 - Xbox 360
Free Game Review: Happy Wars (Xbox 360)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.