FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your highschool Graduation?

m-productions
For those of you that have graduated, how was it? did you walk? Just thought I would start this thread because yersterday was the last day of highschool for me!!! IM DONE!! w00t. And graduation practice is on wensday..though I didnt really want to go, some friends wanted me to..so I am... what did you all think of it? was it a waste of time?
Vrythramax
Are you graduating from College or University, or High School? Personally I would not have missed any of my graduations....I figure I earned the right to walk up there and accept my diplomas.
rheanna
Never went to any graduation so I wouldn't even know. Not even the prom.
raine dragon
You should certainly go, I think when you are older you will regret it if you don't. Personally, I think the ceremony is a very nice form of closure. The real 'this is the end' to the high school story. I'm a bit of an overachiever, and high school was really stressful for me. So it was nice to have that moment of relief when I knew I didn't have to go back to that again. Then again when I got my AA and then transfered; there was the same feeling, only more so because my first two years of college were insane. They were only bad because of how crazy the honors program I was in was though. I couldn't get out of it, and I hated it so.

So, to sum it all up; It's a nice thing to go to, and at the very least you will have pictures to show people when you are old.
psycosquirrel
I went to graduation, and I was last in a huge class (I think it was almost 1000). Since I was last, I got the most applause Laughing

It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing, go to it. You don't have anything to lose but a few hours of your time.
Vrythramax
rheanna wrote:
Never went to any graduation so I wouldn't even know. Not even the prom.

You welcome to encompany me to my next graduation....it won't make up for high school...but it's sure to be a party none-the-less Wink
myrevolt
I'm getting it for it very soon. Just need to do one more AP exam, a few final projects and I'm out of there...time sure goes by quickly. I've attending a couple of the graduations at my school, but its going to be quite different on the other side of the camera.
eku53ru
Congratulations on the end of high school for you. =) I remember my high school graduation was a bit sad; aside from seeing my friends almost one last time (I still keep in contact with a good chunk of them), I almost tripped on the stairs down to the stage. It was bad enough to the point where the teachers flocking towards me had to be reassured that I was, indeed, all right. I felt so embarrassed from what happened, though; I normally do not wear high heels (tennis shoes and platforms all the way, haha), and had the bright idea to not go to rehearsal in the shoes I planned to wear. XD

Everything else about the night, fortunately, went quite smoothly; however, the lack of computer access during graduation night left me quite sleepy during the party.
ryanh2006
Congratulations to you and to every grad this month. Way to go. I say go. Like some people said before it is a great form of closure and a major turning point in your life. The prom and any other tradition is something else but at least go to the ceremony. if not for yourself than for your firends, family and loved ones. I think that you would regret it later on if your didn't go. oooh I grad from college in July!! So i guess I will keep you posted! Very Happy best of luck to all you graduating guys and girls in the States. Take care, party hard and keep on rocking!
Aless
It's nothing insanely wonderful, but something you'll regret for ages if you DON'T go. I mean, why not? Might as well enjoy it while you can.
Kaisonic
My walk was actually pretty funny - I got this cool honor medal thing, and the guy presenting it was pretty short, and I'm kinda 6'5"... so I had to bend down for him to put it on me, and it was pretty funny. But yeah, definitely an awesome night (high school graduation). Freakin' hot though - we had ours in a gym and the power was out all day, so they had the lights running on a generator and no air conditioning - it sucked! But the whole idea was still pretty awesome. But later that night, I drove over a random bolt and my tire went flat - it took like 2 hours to find the spare, get it off, and put it on the car. My brother broke a tire iron just trying to unscrew the tire. Overall, definitely an interesting night.
standready
I did not want to go to graduation and waste any more time at that school. Parents made me go anyway. I had been in an auto accident 2 weeks before and truely did not wish to go through that joke. Oh well.
Got force into going through university one as well. Parents paid the bills so made them happy.
bartdou
for me that was 3 years ago, i couldn't remember exactly the situation, only feel wil be liberal
karysky
I've never been to any of my graduation.

I didn't have one in high school, they just sent the diplomas through mail. As for college, I had to work that same evening, so I couldn't go. I wish I did though.

I won't miss my university graduation though!!!
friuser
Only went to my high school graduation. I thought it was a waste of time and didn't go for my college one. My college experience was pointless though, I didn't particularly enjoyed it and the the fees was a little outrageous as expected. I don't think you will regret it. I don't know what kind of experience people get from it... you pretty much sit there and wait for them to call everyone's name or sometimes not even that.
Insanity
I agree with the above poster. There's not much to make of it - you just sit in your seat for god knows how long watching other people get their diplomas. Then when your time is up, you walk across the stage, get your diploma and walk off. I find it funny that the amount of applause you get is directly proportional to how many friends you made during your high school years.
Liu
Insanity wrote:
I find it funny that the amount of applause you get is directly proportional to how many friends you made during your high school years.

Why is that funny?

Isn't it obvious?
m-productions
well i went, and it was ok. The only real good thing I think that came from it is that the friend that i made that sat next to me turns out that he works at blockbuster and is going to be the manager in 2 weeks. Was kinda funny, cause when we were walking about of the main area, we were like saying "well it was nice knowing you for one day" then we saw each other there...and i got a free drink xD!!! so for going to graduation i now get free mountain due every time i go to blockbuster... score.
Pikokola
me... I always stayed at home and sleep every graduation ^^
But I always attend the "eating scene" and eats lots Razz
Zombie
I haven't graduated yet, but I think you should walk. I think it makes the whole thing official. Omg, you get to wear one of those square hat things. Those are so sweet. BTW, you should get your friends to sign the hat, then save the hat and you can google your friends when you grow a beard get wierd and disappear into the mountains!
darvit
I attended two graduations, so far [elementary and high school].

Even if we had to go through those super boring graduation practice sessions, it was all worth it. XD

My high school graduation was a happy/sad memory. I remember coming to school holding the class' clearance forms, doing some last-minute "chasing-around-a-bunch-of-school-administrators-in-order-to-get-the-class-cleared" sessions. Basically, I never felt that I was graduating until my teacher came onstage and started calling out my classmates' names.

Tears here and there, hugs, sappy text messages, and goodbyes and whatnot.....

I wouldn't miss it for the world, if I were you. Wink
Azmo
as someone just said, it's not worth missing, you should definently be there, graduatiosn from elementary and high school are abit different in sweden tho, but still something you should attend to.. will never be forgotten Smile
skygaia
Congratulation..!!! Laughing
I've been to all of my graduations. I think it is very unique event for my life. So I don't want to miss it.
kiranaghor
i just wish to graduate some day. it s been so many years...
bigdan
My high school graduation wasn't like the ones you see in the movies, no cap and gown in mine. Basically, our principal, year advisors, outgoing captains etc gave speeches, we gave a response, and then got our portfolios. This happened BEFORE our HSC exams. But it was still emotional in a way...

My university graduation was much more special, because I worked bloody hard for it and had to go through another year via distance. It was worth the trip over and back to pick up my degree and get all dressed up for it. Very Happy

If you ever get the chance, do go through the graduation process. You've earned the right to be applauded by a room full of people. It's nice to celebrate a moment in your life like that. Very Happy
soulman
you know chinese high school graduation certificate is a piece of crap

even college...
stevethedog
My cousin just graduated yesterday but didn't bother going to his graduation as he couldn't be bothered with it. It's more of a family thing so you can act all proud for your child and that and his parents didn't really mind, he knows they are very proud of him.
a.Bird
I was very conflicted about attending my high schoool graduation. I didn't have the best experience in high school. My biggest problem was dealing with the hypocracy and power thurst of many public school officials who had nothing better to do than sit on their ass and regiment children's dreams and values as if it was truly up to them what we wanted to believe in. So at graduation, I would be grabbing my dirty diploma and shaking the hands of these mind mongerers?

Everyone has their own reasons for going to graduation or not, but I say think of the people who love you, what they would want, and follow your heart. Sometimes it's more important to make your loved ones happy at the cost of an hour or two of your life, i.e., graduation, family dinner, holiday get togethers, etc. It's what keeps everyone tight because when you are desperately seeking help your fam will be there for you.

I ended up going to my high school graduation, despite my animosity. I wore nothing more than my cap, gown and flip flops but I went nonetheless. Wink
meet in rio
Yeah, but it wasn't the USA-style 'everyone walk up and get applause' deal. They just gave out a few academic prizes and then we all walked through this flowery arch thing.

The most exciting thing about the day was that I then changed into a blindingly shiny gold dress from my dressing-up box at home and freaked everyone out. I probably looked like a giant baked potato. It was fun.

And then I ate a lot.
WallBase
now i have 13 years on school i only have 1 week to my 13 years is over.. hahha Cool Cool im so happy...
justnewbie
I would never miss my graduation day. Hey, man! It's one of your most memorable day in your life. I went for my high school graduation day last year , not just for the graduation certificate..but also for that certificate of appreciation for my contribution in school's website.. and another certificate for highest mark in the information technology subject.
mstreet
I went to a school where my graduating class was only 23 students so it was a big deal and the community is involved and all that. I enjoyed my graduation if anything do it for your parents, guardians, family. You only graduate high school once.
missdixy
I went to mine, which was May 25th, a little more than a week ago. I graduated with honors so I was near the front of the bunch, but then I sat there bored while the other 550+ people walked up there, got their diplomas and shook the hands of about eight people. Bah. I really didn't enjoy that.
Donutey
Out of curiosity, of all of you that graduated, are air horns still common? Rolling Eyes
missdixy
Donutey wrote:
Out of curiosity, of all of you that graduated, are air horns still common? Rolling Eyes

yeap Mad
Neo7
I got walk myself. It was good, but I was dissapointed in the school's extreme policy on beach balls and whatnot. I was hoping to partake in that mini graduation tradition.
jabapyth
Im still a junior Sad(, but I went to graduation. It rained, like it does every year. Wink
Fanghai44
yo man, graduation wasnt that bad... except for the when it started to rain right in the middle of when they are handing out the diplomas. the badn kids were sitting in the corner being soaked by rain while the other kikds were running up the stairs to get their dimplomas. the headmaster and the other ppl were sittin gin a TENT! can you believe this? they are sittin gin a tent where they wont be soake dby teh rain. also, despite the rain, it was sunny outside. the rain water that fell on our shoulders are like filled with damp humidityy. it was disgusting. a general rule for those graduating in the next few years: when it looks like its about to rain...GO INSIDE AND HAVE YOUR GRADUATION IN YOUR GYM

thats all XD

-Yofriend
XQX
shwetanshu
it was gr8... i m still in contact wid most of my frnds.... bt those tiimes were completely different and awesome
guissmo
m-productions wrote:
For those of you that have graduated, how was it? did you walk? Just thought I would start this thread because yersterday was the last day of highschool for me!!! IM DONE!! w00t. And graduation practice is on wensday..though I didnt really want to go, some friends wanted me to..so I am... what did you all think of it? was it a waste of time?

Woah. Congrats on your graduation. I am yet to graduate this March. Wink I wont scan the stories here anymore so as not to break the element of surprise.

Happy Graduation then. Wink
hofodomo01
heh I've got 600 seniors in my school, so grad ceremony = 4+ hours of sitting around.

For some reason, I'm just not "feelin" my graduation...walking didn't have much meaning to me, so I just opted not to go.
missdixy
hofodomo01 wrote:
heh I've got 600 seniors in my school, so grad ceremony = 4+ hours of sitting around.

For some reason, I'm just not "feelin" my graduation...walking didn't have much meaning to me, so I just opted not to go.

I tried to opt to go but unfortunately in order to graduate with a few of the honors I did I had to walk.

My school is also big...not fun.

You're lucky Very Happy
squirrelmaster
I am a junior but I have had to go to graduation every year since 8th grade, because i am in the band and have to play 'pomp and circumstance'.
The speeches the first couple of years were good, but this one wasn't good she was very shy and kept talking about herself. The Senior class prez talked alot better, but then again she was the one graduating! I hope they bring in a better speaker for next year when I finally graduate high school. At least i dont have to play pomp again, because i am the one walking. (unless they play it at college too and i qualify for band there)

overall it was good but the class size is under 100 in my small town, so i dont really have a reason to miss like you others with class sizes over 1000! Laughing

SR'08 woooot!
jharsika
Liu wrote:
Insanity wrote:
I find it funny that the amount of applause you get is directly proportional to how many friends you made during your high school years.

Why is that funny?

Isn't it obvious?

It's kind of sad actually.....people aren't nice enough to strangers, and tend to only pay attention to their friends.

I don't plan on going to prom, I can't afford it and it's all made too much of a big deal out of anyway.
m-productions
jharsika wrote:
Liu wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Why is that funny?

Isn't it obvious?

It's kind of sad actually.....people aren't nice enough to strangers, and tend to only pay attention to their friends.

I don't plan on going to prom, I can't afford it and it's all made too much of a big deal out of anyway.

Id have to agree, way to many people make prom out to be this huge and wonderful thing, that if you miss, youll always hate it... thats just so stupid, me and my friends all went out to universal, and had a blast. way more fun than we would have all dressed up... pfff

And after going to my graduation, that as well is overhipt, its just... boring.
Hobbit
I just graduated yesterday. I agree with the applaud thing to a certain extent. When they said my name there was a lot of screaming and clapping, but only because I have a few friends that are very crazy. One even won 'drama king' so you can picture how loud he is, but it looked as if a lot of people were clapping.

It was a beautiful day. I didn't want to cry but I saw my best friend cry, so I did so too and then a chain reaction happened. About 2 hours ago I had to say goodbye to my best friends, it was really hard. Damn this sucks I'm kinda depressed!
m-productions
Hobbit wrote:
I just graduated yesterday. I agree with the applaud thing to a certain extent. When they said my name there was a lot of screaming and clapping, but only because I have a few friends that are very crazy. One even won 'drama king' so you can picture how loud he is, but it looked as if a lot of people were clapping.

It was a beautiful day. I didn't want to cry but I saw my best friend cry, so I did so too and then a chain reaction happened. About 2 hours ago I had to say goodbye to my best friends, it was really hard. Damn this sucks I'm kinda depressed!

well congratulations then, and why cant you just stay in touch with your best friend?
McDucque
I didn't walk at my high school graduation. I went to the rehearsal and thought it was pretty lame. Seeing it the following years, I kinda regret not going.

And the whole thing about popularity and applause is totally true. I had to whoomp for some people or else the crickets wouldve hurt their feelings.
Hobbit
m-productions wrote:
Hobbit wrote:

well congratulations then, and why cant you just stay in touch with your best friend?

I'm moving 8 hours away. I will keep in touch but mostly through the phone and online. It's hard to travel so far.
kazikame
I finished secondary school recently, but we didn't really have a graduation ceremony or anything.
Srs2388
I graduated June 1st Smile I have a sash thiny too Razz it was shiny and blue haha
I had a great time. Razz
A lot of people clapped and screamed when they called my name it kind of surprised me... I was nervous as it was lol. It was hard as hell getting all the credits and making all the requirements.... but I'm done now Very Happy Very Happy
I didn't go to prom.. I didn't see the point in it... go to a big ballroom and dance and pay a ton of money for a tux..... eh I'd rather not I just chilled with my friends.
noobcola
Yeah I graduated too (Last Thursday). It's pretty cool and I'm glad its over.
TurkishGamer
Today is that very big day for me. I had rehearsal yesterday and the real one today. Its a high school graduation so I am extra nervous. I am soo nervous and just want to get through with it. I hope I don't do something insane stupid and go on america's funniest home videos.