FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy IV - DS

ShawnKelfonne
So what does everything think about the announced re-re-remake of Final Fantasy IV?

Personally, I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the GBA version, as this version looks to be completely superior. A full 3D remake is really the only way they could get me to buy it again anyway, as I already own the SNES version, and the remake that was included in Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PSX.

It's nice to see things looking closer to Amano's original character designs as well.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/propaganda/ff4dspropaganda050907-1.html
Vinas
I'd heard about FFIII for the DS, but not FFIV. Looks like I have yet more to spend money on. XD
mynameis
Yeh FF3 is out for DS but 4 haven't heard of...

FF3 - at least the cinematics look good -lol

360 FTW!
Revvion
If there going to continue this way why buy them at al? and just wait for the last re-make .
QrafTee
mynameis wrote:
Yeh FF3 is out for DS but 5 haven't heard of...

FF3 - at least the cinematics look good -lol

360 FTW!

Umm... IV means 4, not 5... -_-
mynameis
yeh opps! i'll have to practice my Roman numeral skills --
Kelcey
I loved 4... not convinced on the look yet. But this might put me over to finally getting a portable.
divinitywolf
might get it- got 1,2,7,8 and 9 so far
aiming to get all of them
Vinas
Revvion wrote:
If there going to continue this way why buy them at al? and just wait for the last re-make .

Cause a lot of people like to collect the games regardless if they'll remake them again sometime in the future. Sure you could say that Square are just doing what they can to get money out of their fans, but honestly, I don't mind. I even bought Crystal Chronicals for the GameCube-- which absolutely sucked but it was part of the series. XD
ShawnKelfonne
Plus they always seem to add new things to each remake. With the PSX version it was the first appearance of the normal FFIV in the US, with the GBA version, they prettied some things up, as well as fixed some translation errors, and added new dungeons and side quests. (And since FFIV is probably one of the shortest FF games there is, the extra material was very nice.)

I know I've played the game through about five times already, but for some reason, I want to do it again, just because it looks so nice.

...well, that, and the line "You Spoony Bard!" will never get old.
Studio Madcrow
Awesome. I guess the DS can officially be called the offical RPG handheld...

Now if only SquareEnix would make some really cool Wii RPG...