FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advertising Needs to be More clickable

Possum
I don't mind the Advertising on FriHost. But I never click on any of it.. But I want to as I would love to return the support I get back to FriHost.. Has anyone got some ideas on how this can happen.. How can FriHost ads be made more clickable?

I spend about $500 per year on products I buy online... some of those were because of Adds.. Actually I just bought Steve Wozniak's book iWoz ( autographed )

Cheers Possum...
Bondings
I am not allowed/able the advertisements behavior. I will definitely change the Chitika ads to make them more interesting (and change more often).

By the way, I'll probably be reducing the number of ads shown to logged in users in the future.
garionw
Bondings wrote:
I am not allowed/able the advertisements behavior. I will definitely change the Chitika ads to make them more interesting (and change more often).

By the way, I'll probably be reducing the number of ads shown to logged in users in the future.

Even more?
Bondings
garionw wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Even more?

Like the Chitika banner next to the logo. It gets next to no clicks and probably none of them from (logged in) members. The same for the banner on the posting page, next to the message you type.
garionw
Bondings wrote:

Like the Chitika banner next to the logo. It gets next to no clicks and probably none of them from (logged in) members. The same for the banner on the posting page, next to the message you type.

Oh ok, I can't say I've ever clicked on one of them Wink
hack_man_
Ah yes, but that Chitika ad at the top by the logo gets seen the most! I look at that every day and see the great deals on all the expensive plasma TVs and digital cameras and goodness knows what else, but never buy anything! Because it is too expensive! Perhaps if the ads showed cheaper items, they might get more clicks?

We are cheapskates! That is why we are here for free hosting!
ocalhoun
^2nded. That's a very good point. If you've got the kind of money to be buying $400 cameras, $2000 TV's, and $150 Ipods (to use examples of what is up there right now), then you can afford to pay for hosting.
(I'm more of a $200 camera, $20 TV, and $15 mp3 player kinda person)
Scorpio
ocalhoun wrote:
^2nded. That's a very good point. If you've got the kind of money to be buying $400 cameras, $2000 TV's, and $150 Ipods (to use examples of what is up there right now), then you can afford to pay for hosting.
(I'm more of a $200 camera, $20 TV, and $15 mp3 player kinda person)

Thirded(If you can call it that). I probably will never buy something that costs more than 50$ from an ad. When I spend my money I double check with atleast 5 sources to find the best deals and also the best model and so on.

That ad would probably never elicit a click from myself. If it was a google ad with links to some funny jokes site perhaps, that might be clickable.
But ads like Chitika, not a chance in the world.