FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help with DOMAIN

Ucbet
Hi guys,

I just registered a domain known as www.ucbet.com @ namecheap.com few hours ago.

Now what should do if I want my domain to open my website @ ucbet.frih.net ?

Oh, and also regarding mail server, do I really need to use frihost one ? Because with namecheap nameserver I get free email forwarding and I need it so that my email can be xxxx@ucbet.com.

Sorry for the silly question Razz but I cant find any answer and I'm stucked at the moment Sad
truespeed
To set up your domain on frihost,set up your nameservers with namecheap.com to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

Then go to direct admin,click on domain set up,then add new domain.once thats done you can access the domain folder in your ftp in the folder marked "domains" this is where you upload your files.

To set up an email with yourname@yoursite.com again in direct admin,go to email management>email accounts>create mail account.

Dont worry if your site isnt showing straight away as it can take anything between an hour to 48 hours to propagate.
mOrpheuS
Ucbet wrote:
Now what should do if I want my domain to open my website @ ucbet.frih.net ?

Oh, and also regarding mail server, do I really need to use frihost one ? Because with namecheap nameserver I get free email forwarding and I need it so that my email can be xxxx@ucbet.com.

If you already have a site running at ucbet.frih.net and want ucbet.com to mirror that, create a "domain alias" from the DirectAdmin domain administration page.

You can get xxxx@ucbet.com email address using FRIHost too (follow the steps that truespeed has given in the previous post).
And these will be real email accounts with webmail, pop3 and imap access, not mere forwards that you'll get with your registrar.

Using FRIHost nameservers is also recommended since this allows automatic nameserving of any subdomains that you create.
If you use third-party nameservers, you'll have to update them manually for every new subdomain.
Ucbet
ok guys, thx a lot for the help Smile

I'll be changing my website to frihost nameserver then Smile