FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sims 2 problem

riyadh
i have an nVidia GeForce 7300GT graphics card and i recently installed Sims 2 on my pc. when i start the game...after the intro movie, the game crashes. i looked up the support document tht come with the game and this is what is written
Quote:
PROBLEM: Game crashes soon after starting.
Some recent NVIDIA drivers have problems when running when Hyperthreading is enabled on your processor. Try updating your driver first. If this doesn't help, turning off Hyperthreading in your BIOS will workaround this issue. If you have no idea what Hyperthreading or BIOS is, it's probably not worth messing around with this stuff. Contact your video card manufacturer for assistance.

i have the latest forceware for the card. i also tried turning off hyperthreading from BIOS settings but there is no such option. someone help!!!
Teddy1
I would say it is all down to your video hardware. Have you updated your drivers ? also make sure that all video settings in Sims2 is set to minimum to make sure that you haven't got it set too high. Does your computer have hyperthreading technology ? You are running the game from a CD ? or is it downloaded ^.~ ?
riyadh
my drivers are upto date. and yes my computer does have hyperthreading technology. and how do i turn down the video settings.
Osmodius
Try playing around with different desktop resolutions, and make sure you're running in 32-bit color.
Teddy1
If you can get into the menu within the Sims 2 then choose options > video settings (usually) then set it to say a lower resolution 1024x786 should do it. >< like Osmodius said make sure you're running in 32-bit color.