FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Split marketplace into two parts.

ocalhoun
Just a simple suggestion that could make the marketplace easier to use:
Split it into two separate parts:
1: Marketplace Stores (For threads that are selling things)
2: Marketplace Wanted Ads (For threads that are offering frih$ for something)

That way, if you wanted to buy something you'd know where to look, and there would be less clutter from other people's wanted ads.
Also, if you were the type of person that often responds to wanted ads, you could go straight to that forum, and not have to sort through all the different stores trying to sell something while looking for a wanted ad you could fulfill.

It would be a little hard at first, because of the need to sort out the more current threads in the market place to one forum or the other, as well as that users will have to be educated a bit about the distinction between the two.
coolclay
Hum, that is a very good suggestion, it would make things easier if your looking to earn frih$ post here or if your looking to get a service post here. Much simpler.
raine dragon
That is a good suggestion, although I think maybe you missed the forum you were looking for? This topic seems to be in the general chat area, and not the suggestions area. ^^;
ocalhoun
raine dragon wrote:
That is a good suggestion, although I think maybe you missed the forum you were looking for? This topic seems to be in the general chat area, and not the suggestions area. ^^;

Yes, that was an accident. I clicked the wrong forum, clicked new topic without looking where I was, and now here it is. I've done a report on it so a mod should move it soon.
Animal
-moved- as requested Smile
Blaster
its good but theres too many forums as is. I think the marketplace forum is good as is. Very Happy
tidruG
It's not a bad suggestion.
I wasn't aware the Marketplace was getting so much traffic. If it is, then this could be done.
reddishblue
We hardly have any active stores, I don't think this is neccesary.
m-productions
I think this is a ggreat idea, the stores that are made are sometimes pushed down because of people trying to get something with their frih. This would be an easy and good fix.
Vrythramax
I also think this would be a good idea...it would save a lot of viewing time searching through all of the posts for what you were looking for.
DeFwh
This would kinda be like a classifieds section. Could there possibly be a system to submit classifieds (of course they would be needed to be approved by a moderator or admin)?

I'm not going to look but there a probably are a few scripts that can do this.

As far as finding businesses or store fronts those are listed in the directory and for those that operate out of a topic maybe there could be a sticky with store fronts.
vaughands
People hardly use the marketplace as is, there are a few things but other than that its not overly spammed or anything. Most people get what they need within a week anyway.
LukeakaDanish
Ino this could take a little time to code, but how about:

1. When you post in the marketplace your title has to start with [Store] or [Ad]
  2. If it doesn't display a page saying "are you selling or buying?" and then auto-add the correct "tag"
  3. Add an option to the marketplace which says "dont display shops" and "dont display adds"

I would prefer this over 2 forums, as it would keep the possibility of browsing both open, if that is what you want to (its what I want when I go to the marketplace)...and it makes it more "profitable" to have a shop, as more people will be randomly browsing your part of the marketplace

Splitting it up would effectively mean the end of the shops imo.
ocalhoun
LukeakaDanish wrote:

?
How so?
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

?
How so?

Ehm...as i tried to explain in my post, the shops wouldn't get "browsed" by random people as much if they cant go where the users are.
ocalhoun
^but the users who actually were in a buying mood would look there specifically...
I do see what you mean; that the selling marketplace would get less overall traffic. However, it would get more focused traffic, from people who are actually wanting to buy something.

Me not seeing the problem in this may be because I don't ever enter a store (virtual or real) unless I already intend to buy something there (usually a specific something). A seperated marketplace might indeed result in fewer impulsive visits to shops, but I maintain that it would result in a more efficient process, which might even result in more marketplace usage.
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
but I maintain that it would result in a more efficient process, which might even result in more marketplace usage.

Actually...you're probably right...stores wouldn't get "moved down the list" as quickly if they had a separate forum either...

I now officially have no opinion. Wink
Ratmaster
I would vote yes if this was a poll, since there could be alot more done with the MarketPlace and the use of frih$, as I have suggested before.