FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grad School

Master's in EE good idea or not?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Jermore
I graduated in May 2006 with a BS in Elec Engineering with a computer option which means i was more into the embedded systems work. In highschool i was really into C++ and programming pretty much whatever i could find. I like the design aspect of EE designing a ckt and then programming a uProcessor to utilize it.

I made mediocre grades, I admittedly wasnt all that focused on my school work until 2nd semester junior year. Which i regret although I had a helluva time at school.

I am currently working in the power industry. Doing huge transformer maintenance, circuit breaker test, and power systems studies. All stuff I knew nothing about until I started, and I'd be surprised if many of you guys have dealt with it.

Anyway, I am making good money and have really good job security but this isn't why I got into EE in the first place and have been heavily thinking about graduate school at Illinois Inst. of Technology or Univ. of Ill. in Chicago as well as Univ of Texas in San Antonio. (I live in texas but am from Chicago so I got reason to be in both places)

I feel like grad school will be my best/only way to move into the field i want to work in but it is a huge investment.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Have any advice? Any idea how much a MSEE starting salary might be? I have researched online and have had a difficult time finding any sort of stats on this. Any help would be really appreciated.

Sorry this was long winded.