FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hmm To young?

UnikeViruz
I just turned 20 in January and this girl I like was 16 at the time...When I turned 20 it was kinda odd I was in basic and while I was there she had just turned 17.....ill be 21 and she will still be 17...it's kind of odd ill be in my 2nd year of college while shes just startin her senior year...Her age has started to really bother me and I have been kind of blowin her off....She's a genuine girl and I know she really cares about me but im Just kind of confused on what to do...Should I just stick with her if I like her or should I let my emotions get the best of me :/
Azmo
age shouldnt be a problem, I mean, she is 17, she's not a kid anymore.. so she can decied for herself.. trust your feelings for her.. better to try and fail then not try at all.. we should be happy, if you are happy with her, go for it! Smile
Bluedoll
It is really quiet simple age difference doesn't really matter when it comes to friendship but I understand your reason for concern. Four years isn't a lot when it comes to serious relationships such as marriage for example, there is not much difference between a 74 year old and 70 year old.

Peer pressure does have a big effect though in your world. I had a similar decission to make with someone much younger who had this big crush on me and I have to say I was attracted as well. What would other people think so I ran away from it.

Two years later, I found out he had died . Sure it would have been hurtful for me but I also thought that I had missed the chance of sharing something special with that person when he was alive.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope it helps you!
SyncM
Dont judge her for her age judge her for shes personality. Can you talk with her and feel comfortabel its no problem.
blue77
Quote:
Dont judge her for her age judge her for shes personality. Can you talk with her and feel comfortabel its no problem.

The SyncM is right. She have no fault about the years she is on.
Talk with her about this.
I understand that you are afraid that after 2 or 3 years, you roads and desires will be completly different. But in this age 16 - 25 in the most cases don't relationships don't last forever.
silvermesh
chances are if you are letting her age even be an issue, you aren't in a relationship you really want to be involved in. You are looking for reasons not to pursue the relationship. If you loved this girl you would be the one defending her and yourself when people talk about how she's too young for you. This is not an enourmous age difference, you might get ridiculed for dating a highschool girl, but if you love her the age isn't even an issue for you.
melissareich
I didn't read all these replys, but I'd say forget about the age... it doesn't really matter. To me, I don't think your ages are to far apart at all. If you really like her, than don't be discouraged just by the age. Talk to her about it... does she feel you're too old for her? Has she ever said anything concerning your ages?

Personally I don't think it should matter. Smile
apple
hi,

The age gap is not a wide one, so in my personal opinion I don't see it as a problem. I mean it's not like you like a girl 19 years younger than yourself. Which happened to a couple I know.
My friend got married to a man 19 years older than she is and truth be told, I have not seen a couple so happy before them!

If you like the girl and you have a good relationship and you wanna take it further, then I say go for it!

Smile
bonestorm74
Age is really irrelevant. The reasons why people often gravitate towards others of a similar age is because they are at the same stage of life, have similar interests and similar goals.

E.g. if you are 20, you may be looking to go out partying 5 nights a week and studying or starting a career. At 35 you are more likely to be looking to settle down with a family and hold up on the partying. These two people wouldn't mix. But, if you were 35 and looking to party etc your lifestyle would more suit the 20 year old so there's more chance of the relationship working.

I guess what I'm saying is, judge a relationship on how well you are suited to the other person. Don't judge it because people tell you the age difference is too much.
mike_phi
Hi there, In general if you like her and her age is legal then age should not be a problem and your age difference is not huge at all, its just you at the transition age where you entering different educational levels at the same time but this should not be a problem.

good luck and be happy ; )
tingkagol
UnikeViruz wrote:
I just turned 20 in January and this girl I like was 16 at the time...When I turned 20 it was kinda odd I was in basic and while I was there she had just turned 17.....ill be 21 and she will still be 17...it's kind of odd ill be in my 2nd year of college while shes just startin her senior year...Her age has started to really bother me and I have been kind of blowin her off....She's a genuine girl and I know she really cares about me but im Just kind of confused on what to do...Should I just stick with her if I like her or should I let my emotions get the best of me :/

sex is written all over your message.
iNs@nE
tingkagol wrote:
UnikeViruz wrote:

sex is written all over your message.

LOL...exactly what I was about to say... Razz
14protoman
NEVER I MEAN NEVER let age become between love. I'm 16 and im in love with a 22 year old,(and i a guy Very Happy )the girl is older than me and i know i love her.and in 1 1/2 more years i be 18. and i plan to move out. YOU should never ever let age come between love.
Annush_K
Good point, tingkagol and ins@ne. Age gap can only be a problem when it comes to sex. For love, it's indifferent.
I'm 9 years younger than my mate and we only remember about this in jokes. Apart from making fun of it, the age doesn't matter at all.
mawfia
Ahhh, even if sex was an issue he would only have to wait a few more months...assuming she is okay with it of course Smile
molif
maybe it is bothering you because of the sex.. but seriously, forget the age. some don't act theirs anyway.
supjapscrapper
seriously mate, what the hell does any question about 4 years age difference come for a 20 year old?? One of my best friends is 24 and his girl friend 20, they have been together for 4 years, so make the counting yourself.... she was 16 and it still worked bvery well, I would even say that is a lot better for the relationship since feelings for people of that age especially women are mostly very sincere and they stay that way for the love of their life....If girls go through a player-kinda teenage life and have 30 boyfriends while they're at high school, they become ..... I would put it this way, they won't be the best choice for a serious relationship anymore Very Happy Hope you check me mate Very Happy
isyan
yupz.. age doesn't matter... i have a friend having a wife who is ten years younger than him... but still they live a happy life with their children.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

if what your feeling for her is true and her is also the same feeling with yours then go on.. enjoy love.. Smile

jah blez!
molif
if age really matter, then what is the ideal age? same age??
germy7
While people are saying you shouldn't judge age when in a relationship, it really all comes down to what you're comfortable with. What is it about her age that you don't like? Does she act immature?
It's kinda obvious that you don't like the age difference between the two of you. You should try to talk to her about it and sort things out. Dragging on a relationship that you don't want to be part of will just cause more misunderstanding.
Sadow
Is she old enough to have kids? physically I mean? (like does she have breasts to feed a baby? if she has breasts, she can feed babies...)
Yes? bye bye problem. Cool Laughing
wise
The age gap between you too is just perfect. You should "care" her. Very Happy
standready
Sadow wrote:
Is she old enough to have kids? physically I mean? (like does she have breasts to feed a baby? if she has breasts, she can feed babies...)

Good grief! Question There is so much more to a relationship than that.

@UnikeViruz:
If sex is your worry (which your post kinda suggest), are both of you (especially her) really ready to move to that point in your relationship or is it pressure from others? Her age in this matter should matter.
markblu
i am 19 and the past 4 years i have been dating girls at least 3 or 4 years younger than me. yes, i dated a 12 year old when i was 15. i know it seems wrong but all my girlfriends are still my friend and i treated them good. i don't think age means anything it is all in how you feel about each other. right now i am dating a 17 year old and wow she is the world to me we are so close and sometimes i just think, wow i want to spend the rest of my life with her and she thinks that too, we never fight either. (her mom is a big biatch though) anyways i'm just saying younger girls as long as they are not the slutty ones are great girlfriends they care about you and you can live a traditional life for a long time, and not have it be one of those relationships you see on jerry springer.
windrei
Just 4 years difference.... hey guy, are you kidding... what's the problem.... ??? the point is, do you love her ? you ask yourself clearly... if yes, go ahead and do something. i can tell you that my girlfriend and i is 6.5 years difference. But we love each other truely. Age is not a matter at all.
A_Jess_Dress
I am the first person to believe in love at any age. I found my husband of ten years when I was nineteen and married at twenty-one.

At thirty-one I am having to go back and do what I should have done in my early twenties - be by myself. It's not that I didn't love him. It's not that I don't know who I am. It's just that we were short-changed in "me time". Now, ten years and two kids later we are getting a divorce (he asked for it).

Be in-love. Experience love. Make sure you do the same for yourself with yourself before you commit to someone else.
supjapscrapper
Sadow wrote:

hahaha, reducing the age problem to the question whether the girl has enough breasts to feed the bay... what a joke Very Happy I'm sure gengis khan thought the same before deciding to couple his horses ansthat that was his criteria (of course I'm no historian, I just do assume so Very Happy)

no seriously, even a big age difference doesn't really matter, seriously. It all come up to what the women in this case and the man expect from their peartner, this deüpends on their culture, education, dreams and previous experiences. knowledge of the other sex does also play a role.

But what I alwys find disgusting is when there is a too biug age difference (what does too biog mean ... dunno realy you just see it)... like 50 year olds with 20 year-old babes... which I see very often, and believe me: IOT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH MONEY!!! I know what I'm saying! Michael douglas, give us catherine zeta back!!!
nappa
you can go to jail if you have sex with her, careful of that
tony
Azmo wrote:
age shouldnt be a problem, I mean, she is 17, she's not a kid anymore.. so she can decied for herself.. trust your feelings for her.. better to try and fail then not try at all.. we should be happy, if you are happy with her, go for it! Smile

i will second this one. its a reasonable reply imo. best wishes Smile
mawfia
I think you should go for it as well. People use age as a reference and also as a reminder of how they were when they were younger. Just becuase "they" were immature at your age and possibly made bad decisions at a younger age doesn't mean the same for you or her.

I mean lets face it, people are exposed to more adult situations at a younger and younger age now. Maybe it isnt a good thing but each person is different and you should definitely treat your relationship or possible relationship as an individual case unique from everyone else.