FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IE 7 Help - new Tabs Bug

ThePolemistis
hi,

I am using Expression Web to create my webpages.
When I pressed F12 (to preview my page), it automtically creates a *New* IE window.

What I want is my page to be opened in a new tab instead of new window, like opera does.

I think IE 7 can/should do this, I have tried to change it from the Tabbed Browing Settings from Internet Options trying both the 2nd (new tab in current window) and 3rd (current tab or window) option from the "open links from other programs in" frame. But so far no luck. Restarting the browser doesnt help either.

Is there a way to do it?
KHO
I don't think the base IE7 supports a "single window" mode. Firefox doesn't either unless you get an addon called Tab Mix Plus. Try holding CTRL while pressing F12, I don't use IE7 myself, but CTRL is decently universal for new tab from link or hotkey. If you said you browsed through the options and theres no option to enable a single window mode natively, try searching google or upgrading to Firefox.
ThePolemistis
KHO wrote:
I don't think the base IE7 supports a "single window" mode. Firefox doesn't either unless you get an addon called Tab Mix Plus. Try holding CTRL while pressing F12, I don't use IE7 myself, but CTRL is decently universal for new tab from link or hotkey. If you said you browsed through the options and theres no option to enable a single window mode natively, try searching google or upgrading to Firefox.

Actually, I want a new page to be as a new tab in the same/any existing window.
So when i press F12 in Expression Web, it will open any IE already open and add a new tab with the page (from Expression Web)