FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New charlie and choclate factory

Maka
What did you think of it?, it was nice seeing more of the ending and plot changes, depp was funny as wonka lmao Laughing .
aloSegun2
I haven't seen it yet, but i guess that if tim urton directed it, must be a great movie
celebrityaddict
I really liked the sets and stuff but not so much the acting. Johnny Depp didnt blow me away...and I never seen the original first one with Gene Wilder so I cant really make a judgement cuz...I cant compare. I think the guy who played Charlie was dead-on though...
budazz
i saw it and it's nice ...good to see the bad boy johnny depp Laughing
Monkeydog
I probably won't see it until it comes out one DVD but I really doubt,although i love Johnny Depp,that Johnny Depp can be as good as Gene Wilder...
LostOverThere
It thought it was fantastic, but it was pretty much the same as the old one (you know, when you make a re-make it should be because you can make the overall thing better, NOT the storyline).
4 out of 5.
nakamaru
It was great.

Is everything eatable?

Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
AnGeLicK
i thought the movie was done fantasticly... they could not have picked a better willy wonka... the movie was definitely entertaining and the oompa loompas (or singular i guess) were a nice touch Laughing
impronto
the r & b oompa loompas were too funny
Flavia
Well, I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
I mean, I've seen the first version, and I gotta say: I loved it! It's a great movie and I can't stop watching it!
I can only imagine how funny it must be now with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka! Laughing And the Oompa Loompas? Oh, it must be really something!
ThisOverload
It made me laugh really hard but as usual the original movie is always better.

except for shrek.. lol.. shrek2 was wayyy better
babaoriley821
I actually liked the new version quite a bit better than the original. I'm not sure why, it just seemed to flow better I guess. Maybe it's because I didn't really grow up with the original like a lot of other people did. Not that I don't enjoy the original but I think the new one has a bit more flair to it.
Bickering_Blonde
Yeah I liked it it was "nuttier" then the other one. Depp was cool as Willy.
nhl4000
I haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as of yet. But, I really would like too. With this thread's replies I am for sure to see it soon, just need to get some time to spare. (School Mad)
matt87
For those of you who have seen this movie, did you know that the Oompa Loompas were all the same person. When they made the movie they used one actor and I guess using the computer or something were able to make it look like a lot of them. The technology these days are getting better I wonder what they will be able to do in another 10-15 years or so.
LostOverThere
Yeah, I heard that aswell, in the Newspaper, so it probably is true.
sprinqles
It was sort off creepy. Not really for little kids. Its true that this seems to be a bit dark compared to the original version. I can't say I didn't like it but I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory more than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But, I'll definitely buy a copy when they release it on dvd. Smile I just love watching these kind of films.

Johnny Depp was really good here, actually. Smile
memsa
I have not seen it but my children have. They have seen the previous version and enjoyed this one but it was different. From what they tell me it wounds a little darker than the original. Johnny Depp is the master of eccentric characters.
alonamid
i saw both the original movie and the new one, and i think they are both freaky and somewhat hard to understand. i dont see why people got so excited about this movie, there is nothing special about it.
Nameless
What i don't get, is why they made a re-make at all. The old movie was is still fine my today's standards and all. I heard an idea off the radio though... *looks left and right carefully* It's all just one huge product placement sceme!
XxXEmoDorkXxX
i think the reason they make remakes is beacause they find an actor who could make the movie better..take johnny depp for example.he made willy wonka more interesting, and they put more modern things in the movie.
jarred89
I havent seen charlie and the chocolate factory yet but i cant wait to see it is it really good?
Nameless
XxXEmoDorkXxX wrote:
i think the reason they make remakes is beacause they find an actor who could make the movie better..take johnny depp for example.he made willy wonka more interesting, and they put more modern things in the movie.
'

See, this is a classic example of ideas that annoy me. The advertisers of the movie make a big fuss about Depp, and suddenly everyone thinks that he is very important. Willy Wonka's character may have changed, but this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with who is playing him. It's just the WRITERS OF THE FILM who changed it. I'll bet Depp would have played Wonka if he had been left with the same personality.

... but I guess you've got a point about the modern things.