FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Domain expired but not available.





sambhav
Hi!

I was looking for a domain which has expired according to the whois info but then when i tried to buy it through cheapnames.com it says the domain is not available. Why so ??
Peterssidan
There is always some time beween that a domain have expired and it is avaible. I can't say for how long..
samay
Hey! Even I am facing such a problem. But dont know what is happening? Or how long will it take so that I can buy a domain??
manumiglani
About 70 days after the expired date, domain is made available. Note that owner can renew it anytime he/she wants.
gh0stface
The domain will go through a redemption period where the original owner of that domain may pay a hefty fee in order to recover it. If the owner chooses not to renew it, it may be acquired by the person who wants it. If there are multiple parties wanting that domain name, it will go into an auction mode an whoever is winning bidder will pay that price to own that domain name.

Time frame is like the person who posted above me, around 70 days. I think even maybe a little longer such as 75 days maybe.
k_s_baskar
yes. As said above the domain will not avail to public registration for atleast 60 days. if you want to capture while it avail to public. use domain drop feature avail free in http://www.enom.com
sambhav
It is now available. Thanks everyone.
pudovkin
gh0stface wrote:
The domain will go through a redemption period where the original owner of that domain may pay a hefty fee in order to recover it. If the owner chooses not to renew it, it may be acquired by the person who wants it. If there are multiple parties wanting that domain name, it will go into an auction mode an whoever is winning bidder will pay that price to own that domain name.

Time frame is like the person who posted above me, around 70 days. I think even maybe a little longer such as 75 days maybe.


... and does anyone knows how much is this fee when the domain is in the redemption period?
I've heard about $200 (including another year subscription).
Anyone had renewed and paid this fee?

I've closed the e-mail account registered as contact information on my Registrar and knew I was without a domain when I couldn't connect on my mail servers (two days ago...).
manumiglani
pudovkin wrote:
gh0stface wrote:
The domain will go through a redemption period where the original owner of that domain may pay a hefty fee in order to recover it. If the owner chooses not to renew it, it may be acquired by the person who wants it. If there are multiple parties wanting that domain name, it will go into an auction mode an whoever is winning bidder will pay that price to own that domain name.

Time frame is like the person who posted above me, around 70 days. I think even maybe a little longer such as 75 days maybe.


... and does anyone knows how much is this fee when the domain is in the redemption period?
I've heard about $200 (including another year subscription).
Anyone had renewed and paid this fee?

I've closed the e-mail account registered as contact information on my Registrar and knew I was without a domain when I couldn't connect on my mail servers (two days ago...).


That fees varies from registrar to registrar. It ranges from $100 to $250

Also, it may be possible that your domain can be renewed for the normal renewal rate. Check it up with your registrar.
pudovkin
manumiglani wrote:
That fees varies from registrar to registrar. It ranges from $100 to $250

Also, it may be possible that your domain can be renewed for the normal renewal rate. Check it up with your registrar.


I've just contacted my Registrar and got a 40 EUR invoice for renew during redemption period. Lucky me!
Paid and it's already online. Very Happy
k_s_baskar
The amount may vary for every registrar. My registrar allow to capture the domain for just $25 in redemption period!.

pudovkin wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
That fees varies from registrar to registrar. It ranges from $100 to $250

Also, it may be possible that your domain can be renewed for the normal renewal rate. Check it up with your registrar.


I've just contacted my Registrar and got a 40 EUR invoice for renew during redemption period. Luck of mine!
Paid and it's already online. Very Happy
pudovkin
k_s_baskar wrote:
My registrar allow to capture the domain for just $25 in redemption period!.

Is it allowed to suggest service providers here?
If yes, could you tell us who is your Registrar, k_s_baskar?
Thanks in advance.
k_s_baskar
pudovkin wrote:
k_s_baskar wrote:
My registrar allow to capture the domain for just $25 in redemption period!.

Is it allowed to suggest service providers here?
If yes, could you tell us who is your Registrar, k_s_baskar?
Thanks in advance.


oh sure. just visit indias largest domain seller http://www.resellerclub.com for more details. Now it is even cheap. Now they are allowing to renew domain for the same price ($6.99) in deletion period.
Smile
Related topics
PHP
PEED OFF!
Yahoo domains at 1.99$ a catch or a hype?
What will happen to Google PR when a Domain Expired.
companies that would give marketing info to a 15 year old??
offer ended. winner paid (please close)
check domain availability!
Domain names and trademarks
the domain i want was Backordered! now what?
I plan to get my own domain but how ?
what do think about co.cc domain?
Top Level Domain Name completely free {frozen!}
Sample Sites
Buying a domain
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Domain Names

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.