FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Laptop musicians and computer music types - a question?

The Mitchell
Anyone on here know where i might be able to get a specific power supply for my laptop. Basically when i run the laptop plugged in, i pick up a lot of noise through my focusrite interface. Its a goddamn pain in the arse and well i need some kind of power supply that will be cleaner so i can get rid of this noise.
froginabox
Well, a few things you could do:

1) Make sure the outlet(s) you are plugging into are grounded right. Some of the newer power strips have indicator lights to show this.

2) Get a power conditioner. I use this one (a Furman MCool, and it does a pretty good job of cleaning things up and regulating, plus eliminates the need for a power strip on the floor.

3) Get something like this if you want a wall-plug unit. Otherwise, look up Ebtech's other stuff, they have some products that you plug your audio lines into.
The Mitchell
okey doke shall try that. my friend has got a full new power supply for his laptop which ive noticed works wel so i think i may try that just need to find out where he got it. but thank you for these solutions too i shall try these too if the power supply doesnt work.