FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kung Fu Hustle

snowymirage
Anyone seen this? I saw it last night on dvd. Nonstop laughing, and the fighting was funny. Better than scary movie is my view.
xorcist
Naw I never heard of it but I doubt anything is funnier then scary movie. But If you think so I must be really funny.
boringest
scary movie's still better IMHO...but i think the best is dude, where's my car!
speedlikecy
this is a good movie...

so funny... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

u will unstop Laughing Laughing Laughing

when u watch
althalus
I saw it a few weeks ago and i must say it's the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. Sadly I missed bits of it as I was writing something at the same time, but as said before it's a non-stop-laugh-o-rama going on. A must see for those who enjoy asian action / comedy Smile
impronto
i work in retail. it was flying off the shelf. have to go check this flick out. seems ppl like it a lot.
irock
Director Steven Chow once again made his typical comedy. But this time there is something different. First, he integrates high quality of graphic into the fighting scenes; then he humorously uses some of the symbolic scenes, which are almost duplicated from other classic western movies, such as Batman, Forrest Gump and Spiderman (if one can realize it's similarity between those); then the last I really love is the style of the Kung Fu fighting. It has the traditional and genuine feeling of Kung Fu moves, yet it combines technology to amplify the magnificient power of fighting. Such a memorable moment when the guy who uses spears to counter the two assassinators. The part of the fighting gives me an impression of Matrix-style; yet with beauty of Kung Fu, especially the imaginative attack that is created by musical instrument pleases me again.

As a comedy, it is quite successful. The story itself does not have very deep meaning. However, there are some conversations in the movies that are quite meaningful. And eventually good wins evils and perfectly love reunion, which occured at the end scene, is arranged.

This movie is definitely a rare great movie among many movies that are made recently in Hung Kung (as well as China). It develops a new feeling and style of martial art comedy. Also the incorperation of technology of this movie has elevated to an entirely new level.

After all, I'd want to make my conclusion clearly: this is a movie that is worth you to watch more than once.
budazz
no this is much funnier...you must see it first...just an opinion Laughing
kaaos
Yeah, the movie was darn funny, but the fights were way overdone imho, with all that flying around and everything.
Keshav
Great movie..Nice comedy... I bet you cannot stop seeing it more than once..
gh0stface
kaaos wrote:
Yeah, the movie was darn funny, but the fights were way overdone imho, with all that flying around and everything.

The fights were overdone on purpose. Smile

He was mocking past martial art films while also paying tribute to martial arts. This was a pretty good moving. A lot of paying tributes to other movies such as the Shining, Matrix, and various others.
brightskies
This movie was soo funny. The funniest part was when the two were hiding and the fat guy was throwing the knives.
Sappho
Yes indeed, very funny movie and one of my fav comedies, but i like Shaolin Soccer more, on of the earlier Chow movies.
mtoni
I have seen this movie..
It's actually quite funny but I think a kungfu movie shouldn't be edited with CG.

Some things are just too unrealistic and they are only there for the fun.
I like the traditional kungfu movies more
Sappho
You cant compare this to traditional kung-fu movies, this happens to be a parody and it succeeds in that. Yes i like kung-fu movies too, but i aproached this one with the expectations of parody (since i saw Shaolin Soccer way before) and had an enjoyable evening. I think movies that try to be dead serious kung-fu movies and ends up ridiculously pathetic, like some of holywood's Jet Li movies, are far worse to my taste. Especially for me as a Jet Li #1 fan Wink
hangnhu
I love this movie, one of my favourite from steven chow Very Happy

irock wrote:
Director Steven Chow once again made his typical comedy. But this time there is something different. First, he integrates high quality of graphic into the fighting scenes; then he humorously uses some of the symbolic scenes, which are almost duplicated from other classic western movies, such as Batman, Forrest Gump and Spiderman (if one can realize it's similarity between those); then the last I really love is the style of the Kung Fu fighting. It has the traditional and genuine feeling of Kung Fu moves, yet it combines technology to amplify the magnificient power of fighting. Such a memorable moment when the guy who uses spears to counter the two assassinators. The part of the fighting gives me an impression of Matrix-style; yet with beauty of Kung Fu, especially the imaginative attack that is created by musical instrument pleases me again.

As a comedy, it is quite successful. The story itself does not have very deep meaning. However, there are some conversations in the movies that are quite meaningful. And eventually good wins evils and perfectly love reunion, which occured at the end scene, is arranged.

This movie is definitely a rare great movie among many movies that are made recently in Hung Kung (as well as China). It develops a new feeling and style of martial art comedy. Also the incorperation of technology of this movie has elevated to an entirely new level.

After all, I'd want to make my conclusion clearly: this is a movie that is worth you to watch more than once.

1. I believe this is how you should spell Hong Kong
2. I fail to recognise Batman & Spiderman, but maybe because I didn't paid that much attention after watching for seven time, there was definately road runner thought, however did you know that this was a tied between east martial art (created by Louis Cha) and west loney toon
3. That instrument is called a GuQin or Lya, it best known in martial to create evil musical to suck others internal enegy (sorry, I'm just very into martial art and thought you might like to know.)
4. the best thing abt this movie is that he uses all the best legenday martial art in it, some I can't even transulate sorry.
5. somewhat matrix? unfortunately Matrix is legend in Oriental film industry, 10/10 martial art related stuff have matrix now.
albert
Well.
I saw this movie at the December,2004
(Cause I live in Hong Kong Laughing )
I'm glad that Steven Chow's movie can go outside Hong Kong Smile
And this is a good movie too Smile

But,most of the aritist in HK don't like Steven Chow......