FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Doors - Jim Morrison death ? (your opinion...)

nofxcss
hello,

i am 21 and i love the poet Jim Morrison, i wanted to know what do people think about his death ?
several hypothesis :
- he died into a nightclub in paris due to an overdose of heroïn
- he died in his bathroom in his flat in paris in the morning

still nowadays we can not be sure of how he died, i just want your opinion to enlarge the debate.

NOFX
CrimsonStrange
I've been a big fan of Jim & The Doors ever since I was a teenager. (now 32)
I guess I'm one of those conspiracy theorists, because I've always felt that Jim didn't die when it was reported that he did.
Oh, I firmly believe he's gone now, and probably has been for years - I just don't believe that he died in 1971.

From the books I've read (although most have been unauthorized), it was apparent that Jim wanted to disappear, become a full-time poet/author and get away from the spotlight near the end of his career.
There were all sorts of rumors surrounding his death, including the idea that he may have moved to Africa, legally changing his name to Mr. Mojo Risin. (a reference to an anagram of 'Jim Morrison' used in the song, "L.A. Woman")

I managed to get a copy of "The Lords & The New Creatures" years ago and I still read it every now & again.

It's such a shame that the brightest stars often burn out the fastest.
Thug
CrimsonStrange wrote:
I've been a big fan of Jim & The Doors ever since I was a teenager. (now 32)
I guess I'm one of those conspiracy theorists, because I've always felt that Jim didn't die when it was reported that he did.
Oh, I firmly believe he's gone now, and probably has been for years - I just don't believe that he died in 1971.

From the books I've read (although most have been unauthorized), it was apparent that Jim wanted to disappear, become a full-time poet/author and get away from the spotlight near the end of his career.
There were all sorts of rumors surrounding his death, including the idea that he may have moved to Africa, legally changing his name to Mr. Mojo Risin. (a reference to an anagram of 'Jim Morrison' used in the song, "L.A. Woman")

I managed to get a copy of "The Lords & The New Creatures" years ago and I still read it every now & again.

It's such a shame that the brightest stars often burn out the fastest.

Lol, like some 2Pac theorie`s goin on in here with Jim Morrison, never knew that there was a theory doing with his death.
CrimsonStrange
I think with most celebrities who die under circumstances that the media reports as "suspicious", there will always be theories/opinions as to how they really died or even if they died at all.

There are still (and probably always will be) people who believe Elvis Presley is still alive.
Same thing goes for Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, Andy Warhol, Jack the Ripper, etc.
The list is endless.
I suppose it's what you would call "keeping the dream alive."