FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Have A Question...

j14fusion14
Is it possible to get a .com domain with you guys or can I only get .frih.net? I am asking this because I want a .com for my forums and I don't know where a good cheap place to one is so I was wondering if I could get a .com name with you guys or is that not possible? If it can't be done then can you guys point me in a direction for a good .com domain site, I don't really trust all these domain sites... Anyways thanks for your time.

-j14fusion
Hogwarts
j14fusion14 wrote:
Is it possible to get a .com domain with you guys or can I only get .frih.net? I am asking this because I want a .com for my forums and I don't know where a good cheap place to one is so I was wondering if I could get a .com name with you guys or is that not possible? If it can't be done then can you guys point me in a direction for a good .com domain site, I don't really trust all these domain sites... Anyways thanks for your time.

-j14fusion

You can get a .frih.net and host a .com here.
But you cannot buy the .com domain here - Your best option would be to buy the domain with a company like Godaddy.

They cost approximately $9 US, so they are relatively "cheap".

Otherwise you can get a free .tk or uni.cc domain. Check the Domain Names forum for more infomation.
tidruG
Hogwarts has pretty much answered your queries.

With you, you only get a <yourname>.frih.net domain, but if you buy one from somewhere, you can use it with us for free.

I recommend you also check out www.namecheap.com . I've never really heard a negative review about them, they accept payment by paypal and both my domains were registered through them.
j14fusion14
Okay thanks you answered all of my questions I will try ones of those sites that you guys mentioned. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DandDer
it would be a good decision for FriHost to become a domain seller, it would definatly be pretty nice to recieve free hosting and a custom domain. Seeing as how many sites already do it i think that would be a good buisness decision for frih Razz

however like those guys said their currently is no way to get a domain from frih, you need to visit a 3rd party for something like that Sad
Animal
DandDer wrote:
it would be a good decision for FriHost to become a domain seller, it would definatly be pretty nice to recieve free hosting and a custom domain. Seeing as how many sites already do it i think that would be a good buisness decision for frih Razz

however like those guys said their currently is no way to get a domain from frih, you need to visit a 3rd party for something like that Sad

While this is an interesting point (it's been raised several times before), Frihost would not sell large volumes of domain names - this would be most likely to mean that prices would be higher than the competing 3rd party domain sellers. Users would either (a) not get the best deal possible, or (b) just not buy domains from Frihost.