FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Want to make your own "game"?

Sanandreas
Hi.

www.techtuts.com is a place where they learn you (and give you PHP-Scripts and SQL-"scripts" for FREE!) how to make your own game. NOT like Habbo, WOW and stuffs like that, but role games.

Sorry for bad english! Norwegian and just 14.
sabe
Sounds interesting. I am a teacher in America and am looking for a way to allow my students 7th & 8th grade [around 11-12 years old]. Let me know where I can see your work.

Do you think a person, a few years younger then yourself could learn how to program a game like you are? I am very interested in what you can do. I think it would be very fun for a class to create a game.
jabapyth
this looks cool, but its under construction >Sad
sabe
I just went there & got lost. I could not find the game stuff. Can you give me more direction?

Thanks Smile
Arnie
Sabe, I think making games really depends on what kind of person you are. Some 12 year olds will be good at it, but many will probably not like it and/or not be good at it. Of course this also depends on how technical you want the stuff to be.

But in any reasonable game development there'll be some technical aspect, and in general you can say that the less technical you make it, the smaller the possibilities become. Dealing with variables and IF-THEN events for example is quite important if you want to get versatile games. Some 12 year olds will get the hang of that quickly, but others just won't pick it up.

Variables in maths are introduced to 14/15 year olds in my country.
salman_500
First of all, this ought to be in the advertisment section... dont you think ?

secondly, good to share. its a nice site. cover many aspects.. underconstruction at the moment though...

well you know .. .i wish my teacher wanted me to make games when i was in 7th grade.. im into this kinda stuff.. but then there are other kids who rather play then make games.. you know.. its not fun playing your own game, it would leave no mysteries ! Razz

still.. its great for education. I think you should give it a try...