FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

converting avi to vcd or kvcd

aningbo
has anyone experience converting an avi movie which is over 2 hours long into vcd format or kvcd format?

i tried various softwares like shampoo (always hangsup in my 1 GB RAM memory!!) and also TMPGEnc and other softwares but never got the correct result?

has anyone tried succefully to burn a movie in an 80 minutes CD? what did u do to get that?
marrs
aningbo wrote:
has anyone experience converting an avi movie which is over 2 hours long into vcd format or kvcd format?

i tried various softwares like shampoo (always hangsup in my 1 GB RAM memory!!) and also TMPGEnc and other softwares but never got the correct result?

has anyone tried succefully to burn a movie in an 80 minutes CD? what did u do to get that?

No I haven't BUT if I wanna to backup my DVDs I use
dvdshrink with anyDVD

Making a VCD from an AVI takes several hours to complete and now days I consider the format not to be any good.
If you need this format to play back on an external device I would concider getting a DIVX or MPEG4 dvd player,they are great!

Any way I would be interested why you wanna convert to these formats please enlighten me.
aningbo
you said "No I haven't" yet at the same time, u ended saying " Making a VCD from an AVI takes several hours" lolz. what does that mean????

anyways just to play on my dvd player. dont wanna use DVDs. too slow and takes too long to convert and burn.