FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Get free domains by posting

wise
Quote:
Come and Join DDBoard - An independent domain name forum to talk about the domain registration business and internet related technologies. Earn free domains as a member of the board.

To get your Free Domains just join and participate. All moves/actions/posts are rewarded with DDpoints (the official DDBoard.com forum currency).
http://www.ddboard.com/

Yeah it is very true. Well i got mine, a .info, check it ramputhneelesh.info . Well it is very practical and easy to have one. There are no forced ads anything. It is very "pure"

Please, a referral would not hurt if you are interested. Here is my referral link: <referral links removed. Not allowed on forums>

Edited by tidruG: Referral links are not allowed on the forums.
I also edited the title. Please do not post titles in upper case.
j14fusion14
Nice site I am going to check it out I have one question is it hard to use and can it host forums? Also can you make a home page with it?
tidruG
j14fusion14 wrote:
Nice site I am going to check it out I have one question is it hard to use and can it host forums? Also can you make a home page with it?

From what I can tell, they just give you a domain. You can use the domain to point to any nameservers. Most web hosts will have nameservers. Whether you're using a free one or a paid one, you are generally allowed to use your own domains.
wlb
Get free domains by posting, No meaning .
The cost of domain name registration is now cheaper ah, you casually from there can be saved, their registration is nice. stability properly.

Get free domains by posting,domain name control in the hands of others, is not always you.

Free space can be used, of course, the charges will choose more stable, domain names must be his own. Personal views
regards
I would like to raise more questions about the DDBoard,
1. How many posts/DDpoints should I make before being allowed to get a domain?
2. How long will the domains last for? One year, one month?
3. Is there any immediate ban by their admins to the domain got?
Is it possible for the admins to play dirty on the domains? (e.g. Suddenly stop their services)
4. What does their capital rely on? -->( Just for my curiosity Surprised )
Thanks for your attention.

Wink Regards
saratdear
regards wrote:
I would like to raise more questions about the DDBoard,
1. How many posts/DDpoints should I make before being allowed to get a domain?
2. How long will the domains last for? One year, one month?
3. Is there any immediate ban by their admins to the domain got?
Is it possible for the admins to play dirty on the domains? (e.g. Suddenly stop their services)
4. What does their capital rely on? -->( Just for my curiosity Surprised )
Thanks for your attention.

Wink Regards

I am sorry to bump this to to the top, but I thought I would clear regards's doubts.

1. You need 3000 DDPoints to get a .com domain. But don't worry, you will get 15 points for a thread and 5 points for a post.
2. The domains are registered for 1 year.
3. As far as I know, no. As long as you follow the rules, you should be OK. I don't think the admins there would do that, because they have a good reputation, and have given out a lot of domains.
4. I really don't understand the question, but if you are asking how they make the money, they have ads around the place, besides other type of revenue.
dude_xyx
It seems at least you need 400 posts to get a domain name thats a lot well there are other ways you can get domains free easer but anyway this one is kind of free too.
nhuabo
It is good to get domain by posting.
But I want to know is that is the domain owned by you completely and how long you own it.
Domain is cheap now, so it is no meaning offer free domain with great efforts.
saratdear
I just have to vote for this site. It is great! I just got a domain from them. It is registered at Domainrightnow.com, and I've got it pointed at the Frihost servers. The domain is rpgontheweb.com

As I've not done anything on that domain, the usual DirectAdmin page is showing.
ashen
I'm a member of ddboard. Now I'm still collecting points to buy a domain name.

There is a thread that offered free points, so you can easily collect some points from them.
yoohoo
doesen't sound like such a good deal.
there are other ways to get domain names, or just pay a few $ a year to rent one.
also, is seems like you really have to post so much that the rewards(domain...) are
a) not immidiate
b) hard work to get
aprivateaccount
but where can you get cheap domains, i'm not that keen to get free ones that needs 400 posts.
coreymanshack
I was trying to do this one time at geekdomain.com then the owner sold it to someone that makes you now do surveys for domains, the points dont even matter now... such a waste of time

this one looks promising though.
b4r4t
Ok ... I'll say something about ddboard...

I've registered there in june ... after a month (can be much quicker, but I don't like to write spammy posts, than in my case it was a month) I've got my first .com domain (3000ddPoints) ... now I have 6000ddP but I'm holding them ...

This is reliable service - You can get domain verry quick... registrar will be domainrightnow.com .

Domain is 100% yours, You can manage it as You want... You can even change registrar if You want Smile
Domains are registered as normal - for one year Smile

About having to make 400 posts ... not necessery ...
You get 5 points for post , and 15 points for new thread ...
(I've got about 9000ddPoints - 3000 spend for .com and 6000 not used yes, and I have something like 700 posts)

Next thing is , that You may complete offers and get more ddP , like 1000 - 3000 for layout, template or graphic and lot more Smile

I realy recommend this site because for me, it's a best way to get free domain ...

You can earn on this forum too , because You can sell your ddPoints for about $2/$2,5 for 1000 on paypal (ppl buying it)
dude_xyx
www.dndboard.com has the same service. Its new though I saw it says you need 2000 points to reg an domain. I have done like 30 posts and received something near 600 points.
WinGate
Let's say that i will join and i will post to be able to get a domain.
"how much time/for what period of time" will the domain name be available?
1 month? 1 year ?
dude_xyx
WinGate wrote:
1 month? 1 year ?

you get the domain name registered under your own name and details so it means that it will be valid for an one year.
saratdear
dude_xyx wrote:
WinGate wrote:
1 month? 1 year ?

you get the domain name registered under your own name and details so it means that it will be valid for an one year.

What is said above is true. However, after one year, when the domain expires, if you again get a certain amount "DDPoints" they will renew the domain for you.
b4r4t
saratdear wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
WinGate wrote:
1 month? 1 year ?

What is said above is true. However, after one year, when the domain expires, if you again get a certain amount "DDPoints" they will renew the domain for you.

And tgere are two ways for making that:

1st = You pay for renew via paypal as normal owner of the domain, and then pay points to weblord and get the moneys back

2nd = You push Your domain (transfer) to weblord, he renew it and push it again to You Smile
bluffmango
i wanted to ask a Q. Is it possible that i earn 3000 on ddboard and then get a domain and then earn 3000 more and renew my domain for next year....or perhaps if i earn 6000 points and ask those guys to register it for 2 years straight away... Smile
b4r4t
bluffmango wrote:
i wanted to ask a Q. Is it possible that i earn 3000 on ddboard and then get a domain and then earn 3000 more and renew my domain for next year....or perhaps if i earn 6000 points and ask those guys to register it for 2 years straight away... Smile

You can earn 3000 , get domain, than get 3000 and renew
(two ways, You can pay via paypal and than weblord will give you cash back, or You push your domain to weblord, he renew it and push it back to yuo).
You can earn 6000/9000 etc and buy domain for 2-3+ years too Smile