FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Look within yourself...

roshanjk
Over time I have come to believe, out of my own experience, that a relationship is not only about understanding the other person as much as about understanding your own self.

Being in a relationship certainly makes life more complicated than being your free single self. Every decision of yours now has to be contemplated from the perspective of your significant other. It sometimes makes you questions your own priorities in life, your own aspirations. It makes you better understand how you spend your own time and you soon learn to manage your time better so you could have enough free time for the other person.

Relationship, over several years, has taught me a lot of things. While a break-up could be seen as moment of loneliness and depression, it offers an intense opportunity to seek within yourself. To understand the nature of your own emotions and pain.
azbuky
Hello!

I couldn't agree more! What you said is as true as it can be! Indeed, being involved in a relationship is much more complicated than being alone and it certainly arises more questions about yourself. In a relationship, because of those questions - and not only - you learn more about yourself, about your limits, about what you can and can't do... or won't do! Smile

I've been in a relationship for almost five years now and I can say, it proved to be a much more complicated job than I thought it would be! But how else you can learn, if not trying?

See ya!
silvermesh
This is very true.

If we want things to change, we must change ourselves to suit them. This is the problem in most relationships. we want to focus on understanding the other person, because we want them to be right for us, but all we need to really do is change ourselves if we want things to work. It's all about personal growth. a real relationship involves both members always outgrowing eachother.
Rengidar
Relationship with somebody may very well be one of the most complicated things in the world.

It makes you question yourself, question your priorities, question other person and question your approach to life.

When you have just broken up with somebody you have this wonderful time with yourself when you can truly look inside yourself because you don't need to think about the other person.

But when you are with somebody you see everything with different eyes - not only you acknowledge what you as yourself think and see but also what you as you-with-this-person see and think. It is a complete shift in thinking.