FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gokusen - drama or anime?

vanille
I've watched only the first season of the jdorama and I'm curious about the anime. How good are they/which do you prefer? ^_^
Pikokola
The dorama is better ^^

The anime, I think, didn't worth enough to watch.
Aiz
I've personally watched both seasons of the drama, watched the anime, and read some of the manga.

Personally though, I preferred the anime in someways.

Although I like Nakama Yukie (the one playing the part of Kumiko), I didn't like the way some things where changed from how they were in the manga (like her fascination with the cop instead of her lawyer, and one of her gang members liking her, etc). The reason why I prefer the anime, aside from what I said above, is that, Kumiko was so much cooler, and...more gang-boss-like in the anime than how she was played out in the drama. I still suggest watching the anime if you really liked the drama. Although it is very similar to the drama, it has it's own charm in a way.

Then there's the matter with Gokusen 2. In short, IT SUCKED. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of KAT-TUN (which sort of started because I paid special attention to Jin and Kame in that drama), but aside from the eye candies, there really wasn't much of anything else. It was another example of a sequel made to get more bling. They totally killed the original plot, and moved her to a new school, AND by that time, you'd get tired of her slowly walking and taking the rubber bands out of her hair every time she wants to fight. It was just too repetitive. So, stay away from it, unless you like eye candies =3 or just love KAT-TUN =P
jasmine
I LOVE the jdrama! I haven't seen the anime. But if its anything like the jdrama that would be great!
Seiji
Aiz wrote:
I've personally watched both seasons of the drama, watched the anime, and read some of the manga.

Personally though, I preferred the anime in someways.

Although I like Nakama Yukie (the one playing the part of Kumiko), I didn't like the way some things where changed from how they were in the manga (like her fascination with the cop instead of her lawyer, and one of her gang members liking her, etc). The reason why I prefer the anime, aside from what I said above, is that, Kumiko was so much cooler, and...more gang-boss-like in the anime than how she was played out in the drama. I still suggest watching the anime if you really liked the drama. Although it is very similar to the drama, it has it's own charm in a way.

Then there's the matter with Gokusen 2. In short, IT SUCKED. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of KAT-TUN (which sort of started because I paid special attention to Jin and Kame in that drama), but aside from the eye candies, there really wasn't much of anything else. It was another example of a sequel made to get more bling. They totally killed the original plot, and moved her to a new school, AND by that time, you'd get tired of her slowly walking and taking the rubber bands out of her hair every time she wants to fight. It was just too repetitive. So, stay away from it, unless you like eye candies =3 or just love KAT-TUN =P

Gokusen 2 did suck. I never got into the anime though. Maybe because I watched the drama before the anime. Personally I think dramas are always better than the anime just like how manga are usually better than the anime. Gokusen was pretty good but I already knew how it would have ended. I'm not a huge fan of Nakama Yukie and they could have have gotten someone better to play the role like the leading female in GTO. Nevertheless her performance was mediocre and I wasn't impressed by Mastumoto Jun either.
carlokes
Hi there,

I've just watched the anime so my experience is limited to it. The anime, which is btw rather small (only thirteen episodes, so you won't waste much time watching it) made me remind all the time about Great Teacher Onizuka. A teacher thats hides its true identity and teaches in a private school full of spoiled students (at least in Onizuka....in Gokusen im not sure about the private school). Good humor, really enjoyed watching and would recomend anyone interested to watch.

It's just 13 episode so...why not Razz

Stay cool!!
vanille
Thanks for the tip. But how's the manga? Are the drawings any good? BTW, did you guys notice that in Gokusen 1, some of the mangas she confiscated were Gokusen? Hehehe.
crimson_aria
Aiz wrote:

OMG.. you're a fan of KAT-TUN?! ME TOO!! YAY~ I can't believe I'd come across a KAT-TUN fan here. ^__^

You're right. Gokusen 2 is not good. It's nice in some ways, but a big disappointment compared to Gokusen 1. Even though Kame and Jin were there, it's not enough. And I don't like how Jin acted there either. But yes, it's a good eyecandy.

I've watched the anime and the drama. I can't say exactly which is better. I like both. But maybe because I'm a huge jdrama fan now, and seeing that the Gokusen Live Action did not suck and it's actually very good.. I say I prefer the live action. That's just me though. Gokusen 1 was the drama that got me hooked into the jdrama world.

I haven't read the manga yet.
urbanbuddha
personally I like the drama better. I dunno it has a different appeal to than the anime.
Kadaa
I loved the Dorama better than the anime. I guess actually seeing people with the emotion made it better than any cg-ed art work could do.

Though with that saying I wasn't very fond of Gokusen II. It just wasn't up there with me for some reason. One will always be my favorite.
Aiz
Seiji wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Nakama Yukie and they could have have gotten someone better to play the role like the leading female in GTO.
Nevertheless her performance was mediocre and I wasn't impressed by Mastumoto Jun either.

I have to agree that her acting is sucky. She is more suited to exaggerated comical roles, like the one she played in the Trick series. She was an OK choice for the YanKumi role, but not perfect.
I never really liked Matsumoto Jun much (something about his chin makes me wince). So, I liked the casting for II better, but too bad overall the drama itself sucked.

vanille wrote:
Thanks for the tip. But how's the manga? Are the drawings any good?

Well, about the drawings. It...gets better but... In the beginning, it was awkward and very...umprofessional. But it is very apparent that the mangaka develops more skills as the series went on. By volume 9, it was pretty good (as in, pretty much who are supposed to be pretty/cool actually look pretty/cool and not just some other 2d figure saying "wow they are so pretty/cool).

The plot of the manga goes on way past the point where both the anime and drama stopped at. There was even more romantic undertone and the such. I only read part of it since when I first looked into it, it was still ongoing so I didn't want to make myself anxiously wait for the 10th volume, so I stopped reading all together to wait for when it completes.

crimson_aria wrote:

OMG.. you're a fan of KAT-TUN?! ME TOO!! YAY~ I can't believe I'd come across a KAT-TUN fan here. ^__^

Haha, I guess I'm more of a Jin fan than a KAT-TUN fan. =P I was so ticked when they released an album when Jin was away.
vanille
Okay. I just tried the anime and decided I like the live stuff better. Very Happy Maybe it was just an anticlimax after experiencing Jun! LOL
crimson_aria
Aiz wrote:

Haha, I guess I'm more of a Jin fan than a KAT-TUN fan. =P I was so ticked when they released an album when Jin was away.

haha~~ JIN!!!!! *hearts* I'm a KAT-TUN fan not just a Jin fan. I love the group so much, and so the members. XD omg.. I don't know how much I've cried when Jin left.. too much for a heartbreak. 6nin KAT-TUN is the best! <3

-----

vanille wrote:
Okay. I just tried the anime and decided I like the live stuff better. Very Happy Maybe it was just an anticlimax after experiencing Jun! LOL

haha~~!! Matsujun captured so many hearts with Gokusen.. <3
Aiz
vanille wrote:

Well, maybe the reason why, unlike most people, I like the anime better than the drama is because I personally am not a fan of Jun. Not to mention I watched the drama after seeing the anime, while many people are the other way around, probably having watched the drama because of Jun and then in turn became interested in the manga/anime. For action anime/manga live versions to work well, the actor/actress choice on top of the action coordinator are very important, and both seemed a bit lacking in Gokusen (Mainly the Yankumi role, instead of stupid but cool, she was just baka-ish in the drama >.>; ), so added to my lukewarm impression of Jun, the drama was great but was not exceptional to me.

crimson_aria wrote:

haha~~ JIN!!!!! *hearts* I'm a KAT-TUN fan not just a Jin fan. I love the group so much, and so the members. XD omg.. I don't know how much I've cried when Jin left.. too much for a heartbreak. 6nin KAT-TUN is the best! <3

I don't dislike most of the members of KAT-TUN, they all each have their own merits even though most of the fame and focus are on Jin and Kame. The only one I am iffy about is Tanaka. Mostly because I don't like his rapping, and not to mention he dared to scold Jin >Sad *Ahem* anyhow, it's great that Jin got back when he suggested he would because a lot of people were fearing he'd disappear from the entertainment scene like so many artists before him.
terabithia
I'm not a big fan of Gokusen.I just love see the Koike Teppei,he is the cutest of all,and also Kame and Jun is not bad,but still i dont like the story.Too comical i guess,but the Namikama Yuukie,acting is so suggooi,..
crimson_aria
Aiz wrote:

I don't dislike most of the members of KAT-TUN, they all each have their own merits even though most of the fame and focus are on Jin and Kame. The only one I am iffy about is Tanaka. Mostly because I don't like his rapping, and not to mention he dared to scold Jin >Sad *Ahem* anyhow, it's great that Jin got back when he suggested he would because a lot of people were fearing he'd disappear from the entertainment scene like so many artists before him.

I used to not like Koki.. I like him now. like him the least though.

Yah, I'm glad he came back. and I hope he doesn't hiatus himself again. XD HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN.
304esque
I had to admit that I couldn't watch 10 minutes of the anime because of the art style.

I probably would have gotten used to it, since I watched the drama first... and then I saw the talking dog.... I knew that the anime was really not doing much to grab my interest >_<

is there a reason why there's a talking dog in the anime? was it in the manga too?
crimson_aria
^ I think I have to rewatch the anime.. I can't seem to remember any talking dog.. XXDD
304esque
crimson_aria wrote:
^ I think I have to rewatch the anime.. I can't seem to remember any talking dog.. XXDD

omg seriously?

it was a bulldog i think >w>

dun tell me someone was changed into a talking bulldog (in old yakuza clohtes XD) for 3 episodes or so and i was unlucky enough to see it first XD
crimson_aria
^ seriously. XD I can't remember. Haha~ I think I remember the dog, but I can't remember if it talks.
Aiz
Well, I remember the dog in the anime. It was not exactly a talking dog per se, it was more like, we can "hear" its thoughts, so it feels like it's "talking." (Although I don't think the characters in the anime could though.)

As to whether not it was in the manga, I can't remember for certain, but I think I recall seeing it in there at one point, the bulldog. I remember seeing one sorta "extra" page where the dog (named Fuji I think) was trying to communicate with Shin thinking that he could understand what he said by looking into his eyes, when in fact Shin couldn't.

Anyway, I couldn't find the image with the scene I mentioned, but i did find this:

As you can see, it is in the manga =P

As for the artwork. To be honest, it's even better than the manga's artwork in the earlier stages of the work. And it really isn't that bad. Not to mention, Kumiko just feels...cooler in this.
shirasaki
vanille wrote:
I've watched only the first season of the jdorama and I'm curious about the anime. How good are they/which do you prefer? ^_^

Actually, I like the jdorama better. The anime doesn't possess a "catchy" animation and some scenes there are ecchi. The jdorama, on the other side, is really cute ^^ I've seen its two seasons and I've enjoyed watching it very much. Very Happy
sopetite
I liked the anime better....

But the japanese drama series was not that bad. Hehe.
karrupin
I prefer the anime more than the JDrama, but i like the actress Nakama Yukie Laughing
frozenhead
I've seen the jdrama but not the anime. Maybe I'll consider watching it some time.

And the manga too! Very Happy
Aiz
karrupin wrote:
I prefer the anime more than the JDrama, but i like the actress Nakama Yukie Laughing

Yeah, I guess I could say the same.

I actually liked her role in Trick better than any other ones she had. Although I like her, I have to say, her acting isn't suited for anything but slightly exaggerated comedies. Because her movements are a tad...funny. Can't pinpoint what it is that seems off about her acting but yeah.

Even though she did well in the Yankumi role, the one in the anime was ...cooler, and just seem better overall =/ and again...I don't exactly like Jun so yeah...>.>;

=/ I am sorta repeating myself, but seriously, Gokusen 2 just killed it. T__T they frigging closed down the school and moved her to another school so she'd go through the same stuff she did in the first one =/ I didn't like that. (and oh, her taking off hairband and shake hair thing before getting into a fight started to irritate me actually =/)

I wish they'd stop making sequels of they are just gonna kill the story and everything with those T_T
crimson_aria
Aiz wrote:

I wish they'd stop making sequels of they are just gonna kill the story and everything with those T_T

don't worry. I think Gokusen 2 will be the last of it. XD

though I'm a fan of the two main characters there, I must say I didn't like it too. hehe.