FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I download my directories and files

SpellcasterDX
using DirectAdmin or an FTP program? I've tried the backup feature and then using my FTP program to download the back up, but the backup always downloads/comes out corrupted for some reason. Any idea why? Or what's an alternative to downloading my files and directories?

I just want to backup all my files and directories because the backup feature in DirectAdmin isn't working or something. WinRAR always, yes always, says the download was corrupt so the whole backup is messed up and only a few files out of all of them actually get successully downloaded or something.

So, I'm asking the members and staff of Frihost what is wrong? Is it my WinRAR? Or is DirectAdmin's backup feature not working only for me? If it's a problem that can't be solved or is to hard to solve, I'd be glad to accept an alternative to downloading my files in a fast way. I don't want to have to download all 50+ of my files one at a time. I want to download them all at once. (I.E. download the entire public_html directory)

Can anybody please help?

Thanks in advance. Smile
sambhav
Hi! Have you heard of the software WebDrive if not please do try it out. You can connect to ftp sites and it appears as a drive in your my computer. Then it would be easy to just copy the public_html folder and paste it into youe local drive.
Diablosblizz
Woah I just downloaded it. I like it, its a FTP in a hard drive type! Man this is very useful. Thank you very much for this share!
sambhav
Its okay.
SpellcasterDX
No, I've never heard of it. Link me to the download/their site please?
Diablosblizz
Use google. I would do anything for a key though, I got a 20 day demo Sad.
Animal
Diablosblizz wrote:

Anything? Even... paying for it? Wink
Chris24
Animal wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:

Anything? Even... paying for it? Wink

Now that is funny..... Laughing
swizzy
Login to directadmin > check mark public_html > click add to clipboard (if the clipboard was not empty, click empty clipboard before second step) > in the "Compress clipboard files to //___________.tar.gz " (at the end of file manager) enter your archive name, click create (ensure you have enough space in your account) > download the archive.