FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Big arms workout

ncwdavid
Hey, Ive been looking around on some sites about fitness and I found a very simple routine which is for your arms and it looks pretty good compare to the other workout routines i found.

Here it is:
http://www.leehayward.com/arm_workout.htm

All I want to know is how often should I do it? and would it be a good idea to double the amount of everything in it? Thanks.
vanille
Well, if you're taking a fitness program, it'd be best to ask a fitness trainer for advice. The weight you should use depends on how you want to build your arms. As long as you don't strain your arms, I guess. Also, if the weights are too heavy, you'll hurt yourself. So it's self-measurement then, I guess. ^_^
ncwdavid
vanille wrote:
Well, if you're taking a fitness program, it'd be best to ask a fitness trainer for advice. The weight you should use depends on how you want to build your arms. As long as you don't strain your arms, I guess. Also, if the weights are too heavy, you'll hurt yourself. So it's self-measurement then, I guess. ^_^

Thanks for that. I think ive found the right weight for what I want to do now. I have been lifting weights alot now for the last few months and I saw results but I just thought there must be a better workout routine that will give me better results and I think that one I post is very good. I do not feel too tired after it and I dont find myself cheating trying to lift some of the weights and the excercises really seem to use all my arm muscles. Very Happy
Drawingguy
If you ask anyone who has undertaken some sort of exercise regiment, it becomes clear that it takes more than a few months to achieve whatever results you are searching for. Think about it- if everyone could reach that goal in 2 months, then why is an olympic athlete special? It takes a disciplined approach for years. That being said, you could follow what the guy in the link was doing, but it really all depends on the level you are at right now. You may or may not be able to handle the kind of stress that he recommends.
ncwdavid
Drawingguy wrote:
If you ask anyone who has undertaken some sort of exercise regiment, it becomes clear that it takes more than a few months to achieve whatever results you are searching for. Think about it- if everyone could reach that goal in 2 months, then why is an olympic athlete special? It takes a disciplined approach for years. That being said, you could follow what the guy in the link was doing, but it really all depends on the level you are at right now. You may or may not be able to handle the kind of stress that he recommends.

Ive been doing it now for about 9 months so I think 9 months is long enough to see is there any results.
driftingfe3s
That looks like an okay workout. But if you want better results you need to change your workout every few weeks. If you keep doing the same type of exercises you're body gets use to it. Its best to do a wide range of exercises so that slightly diffrent muscles are used. This way you get a better workout.

There are a bunch of good workouts on bodybuilding.com. For arms look here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Arms
Coclus
Looks alright I guess...
rein
Ah, the noble quest for self improvement. Me, i just do push ups before i go to bed. Started with 5, and up to thirty five so far. After 2 months (or so) the result is clearly noticeable.
No need to get arms quite as big as the guys in the pictures on the websites you are giving here though. That is just a bit -uhm- too much.
Always makes me wonder if they're the overcompensating kinda guys, you know?
Azmo
feel free to pm/ask me anything.. working as a bodypump (group fitness) instructor and a gym instructor.. and I can help you with your training.
poiko123
It sounds alright to me. But I think it truly depends on the individual. I workout quite a bit and I just tried different workouts until I found one that worked for me. I keep working out until each individual muscle reaches a certain level of exhaustion and I don't push beyond that. I believe that will have the maximum effect and you'll just have to evaluate that yourself...but I'm not expert...
mikakiev
This is another internet ads about training to make arms big.From the bodybuilder with the biggest arms in the universe. Very Happy
deanhills
I must say I prefer the "before" picture to the "after" one. Maybe the "before" can do some mild weight training for fitness and more definition of muscles, but the "after" looks so "gorilla" like. Also completely artificial. Probably going to have great difficulty in finding shirts that fit. Smile
mikakiev
www.greggvalentino.net
Sorry my previous message contained no link.He even claims that he didnt use synthol only injected steroids.Smile