FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No broadband in Sector 6 Panchkula

raaeft1
Imagine living without broadband internet connection. Well, an important Indian city,Panchkula located on the outskirts of Chandigarh, has no broadband internet facility for the Government houses in Sector 6. All service providers are offering wireless phones with slow-speed dial-up connections.
While these companies generally blame the local civic authority for denying permission for digging of underground cable, one senior officer of a prominent player was candid to admit that digging was not the ``issue''. He admitted that companies were not keen to provide connectivity as they were unsure as to how many customers would come forward to subscribe to the service. I find this attitude customer unfriendly and monopolistic. Why should I or any resident be deprived of broadband services just at the whim of the service providers?
scotty
raaeft1 wrote:
Imagine living without broadband internet connection. Well, an important Indian city,Panchkula located on the outskirts of Chandigarh, has no broadband internet facility for the Government houses in Sector 6. All service providers are offering wireless phones with slow-speed dial-up connections.
While these companies generally blame the local civic authority for denying permission for digging of underground cable, one senior officer of a prominent player was candid to admit that digging was not the ``issue''. He admitted that companies were not keen to provide connectivity as they were unsure as to how many customers would come forward to subscribe to the service. I find this attitude customer unfriendly and monopolistic. Why should I or any resident be deprived of broadband services just at the whim of the service providers?

Why should a company waste millions of dollars just so you can get broadband?

Supply and demand my friend. If broadband is truly a good thing and not just a luxury (ie. will help businesses in the area, improve quality of life of residents, etc.) then complain to the government and they will step in, well they should if they are a good government.

I think everybody should have access to the internet and you shouldn't be "deprived" of it ever but in your case you're not being "deprived" of the internet just the speed. Get satelite, start a petition, do a study that shows it is a good move for the community. Don't complain on Frihost because that won't get you broadband*.

Good luck!

*Ok it's a good topic and I like discussing these things it just sounded good to say that!
reddishblue
Good God, I have had enough of hearing about whats up in India on these forums, I used Dial-Up for two years and only stopped in December last year, as Scotty said, if you want Broadband buy a sattelite and use it.
The company would give you it if you actually had any requirment for it.
raaeft1
Iwish to make it clear that I was not using this forum to ``complain.''

I think I have the freedom to post or discuss any topic so long it does not violate the Forum rules.