FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old School D&D anyone?

sandyclaus
I just found an awesome resource in the last few weeks. It is called OSRIC and it is essentially first edition AD&D distilled and released as Open Gaming content!

I'm in a First Edition D&D game that I joined when I moved to Missouri. Anyone near Springfield is welcome to join. We've been using OSRIC interchangeably with the old school books and it works great.

--
Sandy Clark - Writer - Geek - Dad
www.americanscary.com
Sneemaster
How old school are you talking about...like the 70's version D&D converted? Wow...I think I still remember some of the old modules...brings back many nerdy memories of yore.
sandyclaus
That's it exactly! Old D&D.

We've got a Tuesday night group and it is a blast.
basementgamesltd
Hey guys,

I'm much more familiar with the newer 3.0 and 3.5 versions of D&D. However, my friend recently purchased the monster manual, DM Guide, and player's handbook from 1st D&D circa 1978. He made a campaign quickee and it was real fun. The THAC0 was a little strange to get used to at 1st, but eventually we all caught on and it wons tons of fun. Unfortunately, my friend who bought all the old school books moved to Ohio. (he was living in New Jersey with me at the time) So basically it'll be awhile before I get to play the old AD&D rules again. On a different note, the new dungeon tiles came out recently and I'd highly recommend for any DMs who would like to add a little more of a boardgame feel to their campaigns. It's much easier to get new people into D&D when they can relate it to a boardgame that they're familiar with. Anyways, I've said way too much...hehe....I'm out....

Keep it real.....

- Tom