You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with website Forum.

I have been working on my website in my spare time, I still have lots of things i want to do but it's slowly taking shape. I have a few visitors according to my logs which is great.

My question is a simple:-

I have just installed forums on the site, and obviously they are empty because they are totally new, what is the best way to attract new users?
It seems difficult because no one will want to visit an empty forum, but on the other hand if no one visits the forum it will remain empty? It's a bit like "which came first the chicken or the egg" scenario.

If anyone has any suggestions i would be most grateful.

TurboSquid -
{name here}
Some sockpuppeting and advertising should work. Also, narrow the categories and let it expand as the posts broaden and the first forum is filled.
i Will certainly try advertising some more, but could you explain 'sockpuppeting'? I've not heard of that before.

Thanks for your help.

Digital Thoth
The site looks nice and professional, my only complaint, really, is the fact that it takes quite a while to load. I don't know if that's just because of my server or not, but I couldn't get anything under about, without it taking quite a while to load.

Might want to look into that.
{name here}
turbosquid wrote:
i Will certainly try advertising some more, but could you explain 'sockpuppeting'? I've not heard of that before.

Thanks for your help.

Sockpuppeting is when you register multiple accounts and adopt multiple personas. Often it is used to shift votes in online polls or votes.
Thanks for your comment's, regarding the speed, the site is hosted on Frihost (server B i think) sometimes it can seem a little slow, but I can't complain because they offer the best free hosting out there.

Ref: Sockpuppeting, i get the idea but i don't really want to go down that route, hopefully i will be able to build up a user base without the need to make false accounts. thanks for your input anyway.

Hey mate, can i suggest you make a banner up, either animated or static and send the banner to me. I will put the banner on the site for you in exchange for a link or moderation on your forum.
hahaha give them free domains . info domains are to cheap for 1st year they are only for 0.77 $ Cool

if you'll register in bulk may be you can get a bulk discount 0.50 $ Twisted Evil