FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TOOL SHOW REVIEW

knotcoresd
If are going to go to or did go to a Tool show please post your review and set list if you remember it!

I went to the San Diego show at Cox Arena Wednesday May 2nd of 2007 and it was one of the most AMAZING shows I have ever been to.

Every now and then I would close my eyes and it was as if I was listening to the studio recorded album itself. The band members do not move around a lot which is strange but their video, light, and laser visuals are ridiculously amazing! I was in complete and utter shock at how awesome this show was.

There was not an empty seat in the house, COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.

Even after tearing something in his shoulder Danny Carey still blew us all away. That man is one AMAZING drummer. That whole band is so talented.

As far as the set list I hear they change it up all the time so I thought it would be interesting to see how much they do. I don't remember the set list but I do know that I'm disappointed that they didn't play Eulogy. All in all I rate the show a 9 out of 10
ocalhoun
*interested*
*confused*
*disappointed*
I thought at first you were taking about a convention for the display of new and interesting tools, not a musical group.
Nutteloos
You'd think an exposition of DIY tools would be more interesting? Think again. Tool is totally awesome. At least, most of the time.
Subsonic Sound
I saw them a short while ago, got there nice and early and managed to get quite literally front-row centre. Absolutely perfect position - could not be better. And they did not disappoint. I was so close and so unobstructed I could take in every member head to foot in quite some detail without actually moving my head.

Truly staggering show. The climax of 10,000 Days/Wings for Marie was unbelievable, both sonically and visually, with the pulsing visuals and lasers just complementing the thunderous climax and almost vengeful vocals.

Not sure I've ever been to a better gig. Highlights were... too many to name, quite frankly. It was one massive highlight. Oh, and for some incomprehensible reason, they were joined by the guitarist from Motorhead for a jam. He's a local, so I'm presuming it was a fairly informal, spur of the moment thing.
charlie214100
if your interested in quality tools, power tools and anything else you'll need for DIY take a look at Bamford Trading great prices!!