FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WinXP - login

boringest
Hi guys,

I used to have this login screen with password when you 1st boot XP but now I've removed the password and the login screen still remains, where I'll have to click on my name before it'll go into the main screen.

How do I change this?

Many thanks to all who gives suggestions =)
Deckard
Do you use Home or Pro edition of Windows ?
The two of them don't have the same access rights.
neekhu
@boringest: Please specify your OS like Deckad said...

Also, I wonder which login section you mean.

If you talk about the one I'm thinking of, the one right before viewing your desktop, it will still appear, and you still have to click your username, even if you don't have a password set on (since you said you removed it).
boringest
i'm using XP Home - I never used to have it till I installed SP2 i think...any ideas?
Deji
with a bit of googling

1.Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2. This is a shortcut instead of having to click on Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.

2.Uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" check box.

3. Click Apply.

4. Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.

5. Click OK again and you're all done.

hope that helps.. havnt tested it myself.
mark
Doesn't matter if you are using Home or Pro, XP does require login. It says that there should be a computer administrator. That is the reason it still displays the welcome screen.
nasirmansoor
Deji wrote:
with a bit of googling

1.Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2. This is a shortcut instead of having to click on Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.

2.Uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" check box.

3. Click Apply.

4. Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.

5. Click OK again and you're all done.

hope that helps.. havnt tested it myself.

I tried this on my Laptop and it WORKS !!!

Thanx a lot .. really appreciate ur helP !!