FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Akon the king of RNB ?

dnmarketing
just wanna ask your point of view on american music , on this moment Akon is famous on RNB music that's why i ask if akon is the king of RNB
Smile
twisthigh
I guess he's pretty much taking over the R&B section, no more R.Kelly and Usher Sad
ddukki
I like R&B, but I can't say that I've really heard anything by Akon other than lonely. Perhaps it's the lack of radio-listening that I've gotten into the habit of. I'll pick some up and see if he's any good - or even worthy of the title that's been given him.
deStructuralized
God, no. Far from it.

The dude can't even sing.

If you want to pick a king of R&B at least pick someone with talent and a pleasant voice, like John Legend.
SimonWSTS
When akon first appeared on the music scene I couldn't stand him. Having said that, his latest song, Don't Matter, is actually quite catchy.

I'm not sure whether the guy can actually sing or whether he is just another face that the music industry has used and then processed his voice so that everything he sings is magically perfect. I guess I'd need to see him live to find that out but I don't think I would last through a whole show!
nunu
Smile
Aimewitue
oh no,i don't think akon is the king,singer like donell jones or brian mcknight,these mens desserve this title
akon is too commercial for me
maletz
i like his music, and maybe he is the king on this moment, i dont hear anyone singing better Smile
my opinion
molif
now is HIS moment.. cant wait to watch his downfall.. i got this feeling Akon rise for once.. unlike the rest of rnb 'used-to-be-kings' artist like usher, r kelly, craig david.. they will come back with something..
deStructuralized
Akon molested a 15 year old girl on stage last month and just a few days ago he threw (literally threw) a kid offstage and onto the concrete in the fan's area.

His time is slowly coming to an end.
kristin2311
Nope I do not think he is the king of RnB. He hasn't been in the game for that long for me to decide anyway. I dont even like his music like that. He only sounds okay if someone is on the track with him you know? Other than that its blah
tom69
Noes!! Noes!!! Not the King of R&B ... even though R&B and Hip/hop are dead, it still doesn't make him a king. What that fag does is not tollerable. ALmost having sex with a 13 year old girl on the stage and throwing a fan fro m3 meters high straight into the public, (no-one catched him, he just fell on the round

I think he los more then 1 fan that day...

But he sings decently, but then his texts are so... ****** this ****** that like eminem back in the 90's, just not ''in'' anymore.
deStructuralized
tom69 wrote:
I think he los more then 1 fan that day...

You sure? If you watch that fan-toss video closely you'll see a crowd filled with 13-16 year old looking white girls (who would probably be called teenyboppers if this was still the 1990s) cheering like CRAZY.

I'm not trying to claim that all Americans are idiots, but there is without question a clear majority who endorse his behavior and embrace the man that A&Rs and marketing agents have invented.

Quote:
But he sings decently

I can't say I agree with even that...

Akon is banned from my ears, and that's how he should be treated by anyone who really cares about the direction corporate hip hop's been going in the last couple of years.
applejunk
Personally, I don't like Akon, and I don't think he deserves any kind of respect from his fans. Almost everyone saw what he did to that girl in the club, and even though they say it was a publicity stunt there are almost certainly better ways to gain publicity than through such a perverse act. Some might argue that the girl shouldn't have tried to sneak in in the first place, but that doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you pin the blame on someone younger? People are always telling us to take responsibilities for our actions, the older you get, the more mature you should become. Akon seems to have regressed somewhat in that aspect. As the older of the two, he should've known better. I heard Verizon dropped him and wouldn't release any of his songs as ringtones which serves him right anyways.

I don't like his style of singing either, he sounds like he's whining about something all the time. And seriously, don't you think songs about hitting up the drugs, or getting some women is getting old? People actually do listen to this kind of music!!! Our society is turning into a ghetto.
lethaltriad
Akon seems to be everywhere nowadays, almost like if you want a guranteed hit just go to him to produce something radio friendly. He just knows how to write catchy hooks, his voice can get annoying though when listening to him for too long especially since hes like on all the songs on the radio now. He's also a pretty good producer even though he re-uses alot of drum patterns and melodies in this productions.
dcfive65ive
Akon released alot of good hits. i thought usher was still king of RNB....(google seach)

actually rkelly is still undisputed r&b king
Vladalf
I really don't like Akon's songs. The queen of RNB is Alicia Keys.
Her voice is wonderfull. At concerts its just her and the piano.
InsanePL
Maybe he`s not a king but he`s one of the best rnb musicans Smile (for me)
I like his songs and video clips Smile
Rebel
I guess he's pretty much taking over the R&B section i like him
f-spider
deStructuralized wrote:
God, no. Far from it.

The dude can't even sing.

If you want to pick a king of R&B at least pick someone with talent and a pleasant voice, like John Legend.

I second that post. Akon is not a very good singer or 'artist' in my opinion, at all.

f-spider
kiran_n444
I wouold say right Now Akon is King but i'd prefer it if it was r.kelly. I liked his new album "Double UP" and his new Song "SameGIRL" along with "Rockstar" I probably got eh name worng but they are good songs.
Ashleyy
Ehhh, I guess he is ? For now? Untill a new hip 5 year old rapper comes along. Highly unlikely. But, have you noticed pretty much just about all of his songs are hits?
deStructuralized
kiran_n444 wrote:
I wouold say right Now Akon is King but i'd prefer it if it was r.kelly. I liked his new album "Double UP" and his new Song "SameGIRL" along with "Rockstar" I probably got eh name worng but they are good songs.

R. Kelly is the Lil' Wayne of R&B, besides the fact that Wayne is absolutely overrated--irritatingly so.

But they're both unintentionally hilarious.
Review wrote:
Case in point: the album’s title track, on which Kells addresses the age-old problem of deciding between two girls one could potentially extricate from the club. You already know the solution, but it’s what he does with these women that makes R. Kelly R. Kelly. All signs point to a big sex-a-thon, but then he says he’s got “One in the bed,/One in the chair,/One to suck my toes/One to braid my hair.” Take a moment and consider the image. Who the hell is this man?

Kelly also possesses a masterful use of innuendo, displayed most effectively on “Sex Planet,” wherein the man soulfully croons “I’m about to touch your soul, once I enter your black hole.” Ever the gentleman though, he assures his partner “that this trip will be painless, painless./We’ll take a trip to planet Uranus, anus.” Yep. Do I even need to mention that the outro features Kelly plaintively yelping “My rocket is so full of fuel! Yes it is! Therefore, we can ride on through the night!” That’s right—“therefore”. Again, I ask you, who the hell is this man?

Laughing
VPGroup
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
VPGroup
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
clydejaw
If Akon was the king of pop than I must be the king of rock... Obviously I'm not...

I reckon he's pretty shit to be honest and that's just my opinion.
mattchun
He's not the best.

Justin and Timberlake, they are the best.
exarkun
I really liked his "smack that" and and "lonely". Well, every singer should have a song that made him a favorite singer and I started to like him after these two songs.
thejam
Huh? king of R&B? Shocked

what about D'angelo or Dwelle??
These guys don't throw their fans of stages to get attention; they actually make good music..a feature that a king of R&B should have ... right?
Coclus
I don't really like his voice so I would not call him the king of anything..
Vinayak619
i like his songs most coz he is the king of the kings in music.
clydejaw
Hahaha exactly.. or hump them even. Akon's a joke, his musics catchy and all but he's a ******. Like a real ******. Who the ****** picks up their fan and throws him off..? definitely the king of loser.
Dj Redrum
He has'nt been making music long enough to be labeled as the king of anything, i find him over-rated more than anything.
ammonkc
The other day I went to a local radio station's website and looked at a listing of their last 50 songs played, and 8 out of 10 songs on that list had either Akon or T-Pain's name it. That is pretty impressive. Akon is doing a lot of work in the industry right now. He's dropping new tracks and his latest album is still pretty young in its life-cycle. I think that Akon is pretty close to saturating the hip-hop/R and B market.
mattchun
can I ask a question?
Who's that person?
I've never heard of him...
deStructuralized
ammonkc wrote:
The other day I went to a local radio station's website and looked at a listing of their last 50 songs played, and 8 out of 10 songs on that list had either Akon or T-Pain's name it. That is pretty impressive.

Said the payola to the radio DJ
Do you hear what I hear?
T-rav
R Kelly is hands down the king of R&B
Akon might be the king of RND