FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help understanding my domains

Relentless
Hi, i want to be able to host 2 sites on one acount and i was told i can do so but requesting a directory.

baciclly i want

www.mysite.frih.net
&
www.mysite222.frih.net or www.mysite222.mysite.frih.net

i just have two business thats all.... anyone understand? and if so take me through the steps for what i have to do Confused
saratdear
You will be able to have only one .frih.net subdomain; such as www.mysite.frih.net
But you will be able to have unlimited number of other subdomains of this subdomain, such as www.mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net

Does that help?
Relentless
yes very much so but how do i set this up?
Animal
Relentless wrote:
yes very much so but how do i set this up?

If you only need the website to function (ie. you don't need email addresses @mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net ) then you simply need to log into DirectAdmin and click on "Subdomain Management" - now all you need to do is add the new subdomain which will appear as <name>.mysite.frih.net. You can then upload all your site files into /domains/mysite.frih.net/public_html/<Subdomain>

If you need @mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net email addresses, do not complete any of the above steps. Instead, click on Domain Administration, and ADD A NEW DOMAIN. Then all you need to do is add mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net as your new domain. This will create a new public_html folder for your new domain, and you will be able to create @mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net email addresses from your DirectAdmin control panel.

HTH Very Happy
Relentless
oh kwl and this wont effect my current subdomain?

cheers guys you been a great help
Applause
Animal
Relentless wrote:
oh kwl and this wont effect my current subdomain?

This will not affect your current subdomain's operation.
Relentless
Animal wrote:
Click on Domain Administration, and ADD A NEW DOMAIN.

i Can't find any of that?

but i can find the other thing you mentioned about getting mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net.. if i create one of theese can i still purchess a domain name from a domian dealer and attach it to mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net without it showing www.domainname.mysite.co.uk or will it show www.domainname.co.uk?

or niether of not posibble?

(last question i think Smile )
Animal
Relentless wrote:
Animal wrote:
Click on Domain Administration, and ADD A NEW DOMAIN.

i Can't find any of that?

Step 1: (It's "Domain Setup", not "Domain Administration" - sorry, my fault!)

Step 2:

Relentless wrote:
but i can find the other thing you mentioned about getting mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net.. if i create one of theese can i still purchess a domain name from a domian dealer and attach it to mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net without it showing www.domainname.mysite.co.uk or will it show www.domainname.co.uk?

or niether of not posibble?

If you buy a domain name, instead of adding mysecondsite.mysite.frih.net as a new domain in DA, you add yourdomain.com instead.
Relentless
ok cheers thanks.

i love this Forum Very Happy so helpfull!! Very Happy

cheers animal!

oh and one more last and final post when i made my second domain like you said the URL won't work with www. if front of it only http://mysite2.frih.net..

and will it only work if i put [ .frih.net ]??

cheers dan...
Animal
Relentless wrote:
oh and one more last and final post when i made my second domain like you said the URL won't work with www. if front of it only http://mysite2.frih.net..

Have you tried clearing the cache and refreshing the page? It should work.

Please make sure that you are using a subdomain though (such as <newsite>.you.frih.net and not <newsite>.frih.net - you are only allowed one main frih.net domain. Any other new domains must be subdomains of your own account.

Relentless wrote:
and will it only work if i put [ .frih.net ]??

If you add a new domain (like <newsite>.you.frih.net) then you need to add the .frih.net to the address, yes. If you added a .com/.net/.org domain, for example, you don't need the frih.net in the address. However, in order for this to work, you will need to first purchase a domain name from a registrar.