FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

50 Cent's New Album

YellowShadow
Firstly I would not like this thread to be a Game is better than 50 and vice versa.

50 Cent is working on his 3rd studio album called Curtis. It will be released in June of 2007 and his second to last album will be released February 4th, 2008; the Get Rich or Die Tryin' anniversy. After Before I self destruct album (Feb 4) 50 Cent will do a Greatest Hits and then his Interscope contract will end.

Here are some songs that will be on Curtis (June 2007)

From Wikipedia

Quote:
While on Tim Westwood's show on BBC Radio 1, 50 Cent confirmed that four singles with videos will be released before the release date: "Straight to the Bank", "Come & Go", "Amusement Park", and "Follow My Lead". He confirmed that the album would have eighteen tracks. He also stated that "Straight to the Bank" is the only track about money.

I can't wait for this album. He said he wants to do better than Get Rich or Die Tryin. If your a true 50 Cent fan I suggest you listen to the following albums:

50 Cent is the Future
Guess Whos Back
Gods Plan
Get Rich or Die Tryin
No Mercy No Fear
G-Unit Radio 1-22

You can also go to

http://www.myspace.com/50cent to hear his new singles.

I also suggest you download Gangstad Up on the Gods Plan album.
twisthigh
That's awesome, I simpy love him, he's so adorable when he smiles it makes me smile. His songs are great, and I'm pretty excited for those albums to come out.

How do you know all of this?
YellowShadow
Different sources. The main one is wikipeida.com, but Ive read his biography (From Pieces to Weight), and I have his underground albums and some of his mixtapes.

Edit: If you have any questions just ask and I'll gladly answer them Smile
deStructuralized
50 Cent needs to either stop singing on his hooks, or start using pitch correctors on his voice again.
http://yitmnd.ytmnd.com/
Source song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yLWfACJAKVs

That's all I'm going to say about the guy.
achene
I don't see what people like about him.

Rap is diffinetely not my type of music, so thats of course one reason that i don't like him.

But his lyrics? They are imply awful.

- Achene
Afaceinthematrix
I doubt it will be better than Get Rich or Die Tryin'. It will hopefully be better than The Massacre... Get Rich or Die Tryin' was 50's last good album. After that came out, he got conceited and became a sell-out. But Get Rich or Die Tryin' and everything before that was good.
tingkagol
i don't know what he has to do to ever get my respect.
YellowShadow
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I doubt it will be better than Get Rich or Die Tryin'. It will hopefully be better than The Massacre... Get Rich or Die Tryin' was 50's last good album. After that came out, he got conceited and became a sell-out. But Get Rich or Die Tryin' and everything before that was good.

Thats true! I hope he goes back to his Get Rich or Die Tryin' flow.
Thug
tingkagol wrote:

^Co Sign^

He`s talking about being gangsta but instead he`s being the f~ing wanker wigger who never leaves his crib cause he`s to scared.

+ He gotta be a snitch cause he got half of the New York police force working for him if he ever takes one step out of his house
YellowShadow
Thug wrote:
tingkagol wrote:

^Co Sign^

He`s talking about being gangsta but instead he`s being the f~ing wanker wigger who never leaves his crib cause he`s to scared.

+ He gotta be a snitch cause he got half of the New York police force working for him if he ever takes one step out of his house

And how do you know he never leaves his house? Ive been really thinking about this

50 moved out the hood because he didn't want his son to go through what he had gone through.

Also 50 Cent is going to put up his house for sale.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/50-cent-home-for-sale-stripper-pole/20070503120809990002

Lets see where he gone move to.

Game moved out the hood because of the same reason.

Don't get me wrong I like Game too. Ive just been listening to 50 Cent a longer time.
deStructuralized
^
Agreed, there's nothing really wrong with moving out of a bad situation.
"To all you ****** sayin' I went Hollywood?
I'm a gangsta -- I know when I got it good" - Ice Cube
tingkagol
i'm quite surprised that there are still 50 cent fans out there.
killa
50 cent was good way back before he started his new kind of stuff after the movie he was in and now he is going back to the same kinda stuff sorta, i still wont lisen to his new shit cuzz i dont like it at all he just is wack so is the rest of gunit. the best rappers in the world are tupac easy e big big pun. thats my opinion tho and i hate when 50 says he is the next tupac/biggie smalls which realy pisses me off.
deStructuralized
Eazy E? Are you serious? Eazy didn't even write his own rhymes or have a particularly compelling swagger. RIP, but death is hardly a qualifier of a rapper's skill, and I'd never put him anywhere near the top.
YellowShadow
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
He is widely regarded as one of the founders of the gangsta rap sub-genre and initially rose to fame as a member of the group N.W.A., but later achieved critical and commercial success as a solo artist.
killa
as you can see some people thing that easy e had dre write his lyrics but thats not true easy made all of his own shit. just like in the song Boys in the Hood
Grahambel
Oo Very God.I love 50 Cent
Coclus
50 Cent is okay, definitely not my favorite rapper though.
deStructuralized
It's interesting that you say Eazy wrote most of his own lines, when most documentaries on early hip-hop note that Eazy had his lyrics written for him. We might have to chalk this one up to a difference in opinion.

YellowShadow wrote:
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
He is widely regarded as one of the founders of the gangsta rap sub-genre and initially rose to fame as a member of the group N.W.A., but later achieved critical and commercial success as a solo artist.

Nobody's going to dispute the fact that Eazy was influential in hip hop

But think about it this way. DJ Kool Herc was one of the founders of hip hop itself.

He deserves credit for that, and I have the utmost respect for him, but I don't think any fan who's being REAL is going to call him the best DJ compared to contemporary artists, given that all he really did back in the day was play records back to back at block parties.
hk_36
man 50 cent rocks !!
defnet
y'all should hear "Straight to the Bank". This track leaked out somehow but I think that it is the bomb.
He does this funny laugh shit.
But the songs cool, whammin beat.

Ha Ha hahaha HA
tuncadogus
good work. his is best rapper.
agustin
He is a great raper... Im gonna buy his new album!
deStructuralized
agustin wrote:
He is a great raper...

No that's R Kelly
ballinboy13
I liked all of 50 Cent's albums, and from what I've heard from this one it's already one I'm going to buy.
tiffanae
achene wrote:
I don't see what people like about him.

Rap is diffinetely not my type of music, so thats of course one reason that i don't like him.

But his lyrics? They are imply awful.

- Achene

Finally somebody agrees with me. now 50's music is garbage since other people stopped writing his lyrics. note that just because the song sounds nice and 50's the one rappin or singing on it doesn't mean he actually wrote it.
twisthigh
I'm a fan of 50 Cent, but I have to say he's not as good as he used to be. He's too much G-Unit now, and they're not that great. His older songs like In Da Club, Candy Shop, P.I.M.P were much better, the ones that he's released off of his Curtis album so far have been absolute crap, but I still support him.
niniashvili
curtis will be the one off the best albums he ever made!
jds10912
for people who dont know, it leaked about a week or so ago
i doubt i will even download it tho
not my type of music
tingkagol
He's physical evidence of the no-brainer hiphop menace that's ridiculously popular in these sad times.
lethaltriad
I loved his earlier stuff but hes become too much of a business now and try to follow certain patterns in order to sell. Amusement park sounded too much like he was trying to work off the success of Candy Shop. Interested though to hear the production on it becuase he usually has some heavy hitters on there. 50 Cent singing on tracks though can get very annoying lol. Not looking forward to this one though as his previous releases get rich or die trying and his releases prior to that.
Rebel
He is a great raper... Im gonna buy his new album!
kiran_n444
50 is trying to make a comeback into the rap game but his last release "CURTIS" wouldn't help becuz its been over the net from May for download. I had it atleat 1 month before his release. Hope fully he does better on his other releases. I personally Like AmusementPark(curtis) and ManyMen(get rich or die tryin) And thats about it. he also spits some crazy lines in a couple songs which he's featured in.
Byakuya_Kuchiki
Country & Rap = Crap? Very Happy

I listen to rap here and there, but not an avid listener.
xAntoIn3x
50 cent is a really good business man and has great production, but lyrically, he's just an average artist
brizl
gota love fity
pythagore
50 Cent is okay, definitely not my favorite rapper though i like 2pac
mattchun
I wonder is there any song in it featuring Eminem? I love Eminem and he's my favorite, if I can find Eminem in it, I will go and buy one album right away.