FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


monkey kills a king





palavra
Quote:
In 1917, Constantine I, known for his pro-German tendencies, insisted that Greece remain neutral in World War I, while Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos was determined to go to war in support of the Triple Entente. At Venizelos' invitation, French and British troops entered Greece and forced Constantine I and his first born son Crown Prince George into exile (see National Schism). Young Alexander, a proponent of the Megali Idea, was enthroned as King; in reality he had absolutely no power and was a rubber stamp for the Prime Minister, and his only real task was to visit the front frequently and rally the troops.

On one major issue, however, he did defy Venizelos: on 4 November 1919 he eloped with Aspasia Manos (1896-1972) (who was considered a commoner),[1] daughter of Colonel Petros Manos, causing a scandal and infuriating Venizelos, who had wanted the young king to marry Princess Mary, daughter of King George V of the United Kingdom and his Queen consort Mary of Teck. Aspasia was forced to flee Athens until the crisis was resolved and the wedding was legalized without Aspasia being recognised as queen, she was to be known as "Madame Manos". Six months later, the young couple left for Paris, on condition that they neither travel nor appear at official functions together.[2]


On 25 October 1920 he died at Athens, of sepsis, after having been bitten by a pet monkey in the Royal Gardens three weeks previously.[4]

a king was killed by a monkey.
possibly one of the most interesting end for a king.
homec
Definitely Something interesting.. I mean Death by monkey. Haha
Jinx
Even more tragic is that politics kept him from being with his wife. Poor fellow.
From what I've read it seems that being royalty is like living in a very luxurious cage, on display for the public.
I Hate My User Name
palavra wrote:
Quote:
In 1917, Constantine I, known for his pro-German tendencies, insisted that Greece remain neutral in World War I, while Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos was determined to go to war in support of the Triple Entente. At Venizelos' invitation, French and British troops entered Greece and forced Constantine I and his first born son Crown Prince George into exile (see National Schism). Young Alexander, a proponent of the Megali Idea, was enthroned as King; in reality he had absolutely no power and was a rubber stamp for the Prime Minister, and his only real task was to visit the front frequently and rally the troops.

On one major issue, however, he did defy Venizelos: on 4 November 1919 he eloped with Aspasia Manos (1896-1972) (who was considered a commoner),[1] daughter of Colonel Petros Manos, causing a scandal and infuriating Venizelos, who had wanted the young king to marry Princess Mary, daughter of King George V of the United Kingdom and his Queen consort Mary of Teck. Aspasia was forced to flee Athens until the crisis was resolved and the wedding was legalized without Aspasia being recognised as queen, she was to be known as "Madame Manos". Six months later, the young couple left for Paris, on condition that they neither travel nor appear at official functions together.[2]


On 25 October 1920 he died at Athens, of sepsis, after having been bitten by a pet monkey in the Royal Gardens three weeks previously.[4]

a king was killed by a monkey.
possibly one of the most interesting end for a king.


It wasn't the actual force of the bite, rather the sickness the bite spread to the king.
turbowolf
laf, how can a monkey kill a king? I would like to see the photo of that monkey. It's easy for a man to kill a monkey, while it's hard for a monkey to kill a man!

palavra wrote:
Quote:
In 1917, Constantine I, known for his pro-German tendencies, insisted that Greece remain neutral in World War I, while Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos was determined to go to war in support of the Triple Entente. At Venizelos' invitation, French and British troops entered Greece and forced Constantine I and his first born son Crown Prince George into exile (see National Schism). Young Alexander, a proponent of the Megali Idea, was enthroned as King; in reality he had absolutely no power and was a rubber stamp for the Prime Minister, and his only real task was to visit the front frequently and rally the troops.

On one major issue, however, he did defy Venizelos: on 4 November 1919 he eloped with Aspasia Manos (1896-1972) (who was considered a commoner),[1] daughter of Colonel Petros Manos, causing a scandal and infuriating Venizelos, who had wanted the young king to marry Princess Mary, daughter of King George V of the United Kingdom and his Queen consort Mary of Teck. Aspasia was forced to flee Athens until the crisis was resolved and the wedding was legalized without Aspasia being recognised as queen, she was to be known as "Madame Manos". Six months later, the young couple left for Paris, on condition that they neither travel nor appear at official functions together.[2]


On 25 October 1920 he died at Athens, of sepsis, after having been bitten by a pet monkey in the Royal Gardens three weeks previously.[4]

a king was killed by a monkey.
possibly one of the most interesting end for a king.
Psycho_X52
As 'I Hate My User Name' said, not the force killed him. There are some lizards on an island (forgot their name) that, when they are young eat dead bodies and the rests from their teeth cause a high number of bacteria. When they are mature, they bite deers and sometimes humans. The hunted dies in a few days because of the high fever.


As for the strangest deaths, one Greek leader, (Pyrrhus, I think) joined a streetfight. One old lady, annoyed by the noise, threw her nightpot right to his head.
Slash
I would rather go by a monkey knife fight! Now that would have been a cool end for a king!
poiko123
At least the monkey didn't throw a blow dryer into his bathtub like in a 70s horror movie. Not saying they used blow dryers during that time period...
xanarulz
That must be truely awkward way for ANY person to die, but then for a king LOL
web-geek
That has to be pretty anti-climactic way to die, even if you wernt a king...
CoD: Monkey
/sigh
brucedes
I think it's a quite cool way to die, albeit a rather annoying one.

However, it's not very dignified at all, not very befitting of a king.
bassman
That is a rather humiliating and ironic way to go. Haha!
Vrythramax
Psycho_X52 wrote:
As 'I Hate My User Name' said, not the force killed him. There are some lizards on an island (forgot their name) that, when they are young eat dead bodies and the rests from their teeth cause a high number of bacteria. When they are mature, they bite deers and sometimes humans. The hunted dies in a few days because of the high fever.


If I am not mistaken those lizards are from the Galapogos (sp?) Islands and they are called Monitor Lizards, also commonly called Komodo Dragons. They are carnivors and scavangers that eat carrion all throughtout thier lives.

Many animals can pass on an infection from a bite (they can't brush thier teeth after-all).
bonestorm74
Surely this is a message to us all that the monkeys deserve respect. One day they will take over as the dominant species!! (or maybe not)
Arnie
Probably some ancestor of Bokito's.
jabronie25
what a horrible way to die

embarrassing too.
Vrythramax
jabronie25 wrote:
what a horrible way to die

embarrassing too.


I don't know...there was a king of England who (allegedly) died from having a hot fireplace poker stuck up his....(ouch)

Now that's embarrassing.

I think I'd opt for the monkey bite. Confused
tony
haha; thats craaazy!

i have never known of this but it seems a bit reminiscent of alexander the great's death by malaria, a disease of course transmitted by mosquitos!!

so i am not sure which is more humiliating; death from a mosquito or a pet monkey!

haha! funny subject. sometimes i wonder how will i go?
Coclus
Pretty funny.. I think the one case when a very greedy Roman was executed by being forced to drink melted gold is pretty funny as well.
rshanthakumar
Death has never been funny dear! But you need to take it like that, yes!

And the ways of death is more like the ways of God! There is no one who could possibly understand and fully comprehend the meaning behind these. We continue to remain mere mortals.
amicalindia
Alexander was slow poisoned for 12 days to end by Aristotle. He got malaria in India because of mosquito bite and had lost his mind. He couldn't even recognize his own generals and executed many of them on whim. Aristotle was kind enough to end his life and misery.


tony wrote:
haha; thats craaazy!

i have never known of this but it seems a bit reminiscent of alexander the great's death by malaria, a disease of course transmitted by mosquitos!!

so i am not sure which is more humiliating; death from a mosquito or a pet monkey!

haha! funny subject. sometimes i wonder how will i go?
doppleganger
Quote:
In 1917, Constantine I, known for his pro-German tendencies, insisted that Greece remain neutral in World War I, while Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos was determined to go to war in support of the Triple Entente. At Venizelos' invitation, French and British troops entered Greece and forced Constantine I and his first born son Crown Prince George into exile (see National Schism). Young Alexander, a proponent of the Megali Idea, was enthroned as King; in reality he had absolutely no power and was a rubber stamp for the Prime Minister, and his only real task was to visit the front frequently and rally the troops.

On one major issue, however, he did defy Venizelos: on 4 November 1919 he eloped with Aspasia Manos (1896-1972) (who was considered a commoner),[1] daughter of Colonel Petros Manos, causing a scandal and infuriating Venizelos, who had wanted the young king to marry Princess Mary, daughter of King George V of the United Kingdom and his Queen consort Mary of Teck. Aspasia was forced to flee Athens until the crisis was resolved and the wedding was legalized without Aspasia being recognised as queen, she was to be known as "Madame Manos". Six months later, the young couple left for Paris, on condition that they neither travel nor appear at official functions together.[2]


On 25 October 1920 he died at Athens, of sepsis, after having been bitten by a pet monkey in the Royal Gardens three weeks previously.[4]


well a king being killed by a monkey seems very far fetched

but then in this wierd world anything is possible
palavra
amicalindia wrote:
Alexander was slow poisoned for 12 days to end by Aristotle. He got malaria in India because of mosquito bite and had lost his mind. He couldn't even recognize his own generals and executed many of them on whim. Aristotle was kind enough to end his life and misery.


tony wrote:
haha; thats craaazy!

i have never known of this but it seems a bit reminiscent of alexander the great's death by malaria, a disease of course transmitted by mosquitos!!

so i am not sure which is more humiliating; death from a mosquito or a pet monkey!

haha! funny subject. sometimes i wonder how will i go?


Is it a fact or a claim?

this is first time i heard this event.
and
you say Aristotle is a killer!!!
rshanthakumar
There are a number of theories on the death of Alexander. One of the common ones is that he died of natural causes. The proof for this theory is the Royal Diary by Ptolemy. But it has been proved subsequently that the Royal Diary itself could be a later day fabrication!

Then of course, there are lots of 'murder' theories! One by Aristotle because he feared his growth. Antipeter is the other supposed culprit who wanted to be the regent and who did after the death of Alexander.

Many suspect Medius himself who was his confident, since he was also Iollas lover. God knows what is the truth.
tony
i know i have made a post here already. i just want to come back to this and reply that it is so amazing; who would have thought that?!!
Related topics
What is your favourite movie?
Favourite game? (OFFICIAL THREAD)
What will happen if there is only one man in the world?
Stephen King novels
King Kong Preview...
Must Watch "KING OF THE HILL"
My list of musics
World of Warcraft
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Lord of the Rings Return of the King
king of guitar
New Monkey joke
Monkey
Monkey business
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> History

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.