FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

crossed over cable needs

ronald.helpdesk
I want to build a parallel crossed over cable to send files from a quite old laptop w'out burner, usb ports, ethernet card, floopy drive or anything alike to another computer.

I have to be clear at this one, I don't about "you should do this insted of" or "why caring about that old laptop anyway" stuff, just a clear answer to the question. Instructions or links to'em.

Thanks guys, I know you'll understand
johanfh
It works fine with an adapted LPT-cable or with a nullmodemcable. A nullmodemcable is sold in standard computershops, or you can make your own. I found the scheme for the parallel (LPT) cable on http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/parallel.html

You can use ms-dos 6.22 with the program 'interlink' (MS-DOS 6.22 downloadable from www.vetusware.com) to make a connection between the two computers.

Good luck!

JohanFH
froginabox
Without a network card, the null modem cable (or even an IR port if you have one) are your options.
ronald.helpdesk
johanfh wrote:
It works fine with an adapted LPT-cable or with a nullmodemcable. A nullmodemcable is sold in standard computershops, or you can make your own. I found the scheme for the parallel (LPT) cable on http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/parallel.html

You can use ms-dos 6.22 with the program 'interlink' (MS-DOS 6.22 downloadable from www.vetusware.com) to make a connection between the two computers.

Good luck!

JohanFH

Thanks man, your information comes very usable