FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best trip you ever made?

negergreger
Any trip applies, like going to school but meeting the girl of your dreams on the bus and having hot sex in the rear seat of the bus, or travelling alone across the himalayas by foot without anything else than your trusty leatherman and a set of clothes or living with monkeys in the jungles of borneo or whatever?

Mine has to be walking from Cusco to Machu Pichu in Peru. Really cool hike!
illegalhost
well, best was in an island called Tioman. it's in Asia, best beaches around. but it was really cool to relax and enjoy the scenery for a while instead of seeing concrete buildings everyday. did snorkelling and hmm, snorkeling.. wanted to try fishing in the sea but not enough ppl so we had to skip that cuz the boat ppl didnt have enough ppl in its boat.... that was quite sad.. LOL.
prole
negergreger wrote:

Mine has to be walking from Cusco to Machu Pichu in Peru. Really cool hike!

Mhmm... Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, the place I used to dream about once in a while...

Other than that, guess I'd only want to see a real llama and it spit with my own eyes, in person...
kizarop
Hey , have you ever seen the Ireland's coast? It produced giant's causeway form approx. 40000 basalt columns, it''s so incredible like a something created by humans ,but not so far. It looks like multisided columns of rock packed together giant-sized handful of hexagonal pencils. Well I realized that nature is good mathematician ,maybe better than I am Very Happy What's more If you have oppurtunity you must see this extraordinary geological freak (bah! dating back some 60 million years - wow!)
tijn01
My favorite and longest trip was from France to Cameroon, Africa by road in nine months. We saw some amazing cultures, met beautiful people, saw amazing scenery and I fell in love with the person I have now been with for five years!
Azmo
Dunno if it's the best trip I've ever made (prob not) but I rly liked my trip to Walesh, kinda unusuall what I'm used to.. small town.. nice, loved walking at the dock, watching the waves hit the stone..
Vedder6
best trip was to Ireland... that place is so lush and beautiful its breath taking. i suggest everyone in their life time go there for at least a weekend and experence the castles and country
Shin
it's a difficult one, there are so many. The Zakopane mountain in Poland is probably one of the best for me. The view at "Eye of the Sea" in Zakopane is breathtaking!! Shocked Very Happy
otiscom
Mine was China.

About 100miles north of Shnghai, starting to get industrialised with some old type plants.

A bit smoggy at times, not much talked about carbon footprints here!

Most people here didn't speak English at all, in fact I don't think many of them have been or ever will be traveling anywhere else.

They are lovely people willing to help and learn.

Crime seemed to about zero and walking around on your own even at night was no problem.

One thing though, I think Macdonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC must have been around since the begining of time, they were there !
filet
went to tioman island...the best so far..i especially enjoyed snorkeling in the marine park...big fish scary but its fun...at first i dont want to go coz i dont how to swim...and kind of afraid being in the deep water...but brave it and went snorkeling using life jacket...it wasnt bad experience at all...saw beautiful coral...at the bridge where i took a boat to get back to land...lots of colorful fish ...i had with me two loaf of bread , the fish there were lucky that day - wish i had more breads-really enjoyed feeding the fish
stan
Rome. This is prolly the best I have ever been too. The arts and all that that make up Rome is magnificent Exclamation Every I saw, the musei vaticani, the Colosseum, the saint peter square were monsterous Laughing I have never seen anything better!
kcwilli
The best (and farthest away) trip I have ever taken was to Indonesia. I spent a whole summer there. Most of the time was on Java in a town called Tasikmalaya - I have a friend who lives there. The mountains and rice fields are beautiful! I hiked up an old volcano, went to the market, lots of fun things. It looks so different from the US but the people are really nice.

I also spent a few nights in Bali - the beach!! It was really pretty there too- very touristy. I got to swim in the Indian Ocean!
TurtleShell
stan wrote:
Rome. This is prolly the best I have ever been too. The arts and all that that make up Rome is magnificent Exclamation Every I saw, the musei vaticani, the Colosseum, the saint peter square were monsterous Laughing I have never seen anything better!

My trip to Rome was one of my best also. I saw the best art show I've ever seen there (it was a very comprehensive Magritte show--absolutely incredible). I also went to the Keats museum (at the time my favorite poet), and spent a wonderful evening with some friends having wine on those gigantic stairs. I also saw the pope (when it was John Paul) talk and bless the crowd in the square. I remember being particularly impressed by the way they had stamped SPQR on all the manhole covers. Also, the existence of the ancient ruins alongside all that traffic and modern activity was just something I couldn't get over.

The whole city is seemingly overrun with Caravaggio paintings, and I also remember being extremely impressed with one particular cathedral I walked into...it seemed like there was a dome on the ceiling, but when I walked further in, I realized it had only been painted on there. It was just that realistic. Fantastic.

My one regret was that I wanted to go see Keats grave ("here lies one whose name was writ in water") and the day I went to the cemetery, it was closed. How sad. It's not every day I go to Rome--I don't know if I'll ever get back there.
Hoogeveense RAT
TRhat was a one week holiday wo Italy with school. 4 days in Rome and 2 days in Firenze, and the other 2 days in the touring car to/from Holland Razz.

There a lot of interesting buildings in Rome and Firenze. A shame that we could only stay a week because of there were more buildings that we didn't see. Also a shame that we didn't see the soccer stadiums of Rome and Firenze Razz. But all in all it was the best trip I made so far. Very Happy
desertwind
Everyday at 9PM. Walk balk to my home.
JC Denton
Hmm...went to Malaysia with my dad, bigbrother and a friend for diving. Then we went to China. The trip was really great, because we were almost alone all and could to alot of crazy stuff.
nimo
mine was probably a road trip in england with stops in stonehenge, oxford and stratford, a flight to dublin and a few days without a car (hikes with a shepherd's flute!) in aberdeen, scotland. the views were really sweet and i was with a good friend of mine so we drank gallons of beer!!!

exciting episodes from the trip:
* almost finding ourselves without a hotel one day
* going back to a god forsaken town for a pool contest with halucinations of winning it
* missing the competition by one day becuase of a misleading advertisement
* disappointed, eating again in the same take-away restaurant at the town mentioned above and throwing the trash into the very same trash can (deja-vu!)
* sleeping in the worst hotel in london

funny, eh? how the lousiest moments in a trip are also the ones that make it unforgettable Smile a few yrs later you laugh about them...
lukeg74
We spent about 6 weeks camping in the high country and in the forest while we climbed in Yosemite National Park, California. Never forget it.

5 weeks in Spain was also fantastic, as was a month in Italy, particularly the Dolomites.
benjmd
I've never had much time or money for travel, but my dream had always been to go to Hawaii. Just two years ago, my friends and I started talking about it. Finally, after a lot of fretting and back and forth, I realized I could do it and broached the subject of really making the trip to my friends. 8 months later, I was in paradise. We visited Maui for 7 days and it was the most incredible trip of my life because it was something I had always dreamed of doing. I think living the dream makes it that much better.
joshuagamer2
hi iz from america
Bilkers
The best trip I ever made was back in 1987 when me and a friend took our girlfriends on our scooters from the south of England across to St Malo and then all the way down the west coast of France to Biarritz. We spent two weeks there and had a fantastic time. The French were superb and made our holiday an experience never to forget.

The views from the Pyranees was fantastic, we went across the border to San Sabastian and the local towns along the way sold food and wine like I've never tasted before.

I'd love to go back to Biarritz some day. I've travelled to other parts of France and found the experience very enjoyable.
lethaltriad
I was on a cruise ship that travelled on the Caribbean to a couple countries that are of close vicinity. It was along time ago but it was fun though. A couple of the countries it stopped by was Costa Rica, Guatemala, Aruba, Went through the Panama Canal and back to Jamaica. The food was great in all the countries but then I love trying out new things. The people were friendly, I just wish I had my camera back then I would have taken soo much more pics. Using a disposable film camera wasnt as fun as digital is today. I'd love to go on a cruise again one day soon, somewhere outside of the Caribbean this time though.
palavra
tajikistan -varzab river

vietnam-dalat
Paulo_baga
My favorite and longest trip was from France !!!!!!!!!

beautiful place !!
PennyLane
The best trip I ever made was a cruise we we did at school in 1st bachelor. We were on board as deck cadets, and it was real fun.
Our trip started in Lisbon, Portugal and from there we went to Madeira, Tenerife, Cabo Verde, Lanzarote and Morocco...
It was a wonderful experience and we learned a lot!
sopetite
Was in taiwan! WHEW love that place too MUCH!

It is so freakin clean even in the city!
russel26
ill trip only here philippines... most of all here beautiful places.. one of places nice place baguio,ilocos one the city beautiful places called VIGAN..
wellerchap
Bilkers wrote:
The best trip I ever made was back in 1987 when me and a friend took our girlfriends on our scooters from the south of England across to St Malo and then all the way down the west coast of France to Biarritz. We spent two weeks there and had a fantastic time. The French were superb and made our holiday an experience never to forget.

The views from the Pyranees was fantastic, we went across the border to San Sabastian and the local towns along the way sold food and wine like I've never tasted before.

I'd love to go back to Biarritz some day. I've travelled to other parts of France and found the experience very enjoyable.

Bilkers old boy, that sounds super....I had my honeymoon in Biarritz (drove down, camped for a fortnight) and saw the Pyrenees & into Spain too.....sounds like a good idea for a scooter re-union type road trip ! Very Happy
znapetz
My best trip i had make it now 3 years ago, for my first time on Switzerland , very fresh air and nice people , nice house and all diferent from my country , also i was in Nederland , Italy , Germany.

But the great place was Switzerland, if u want be realy relaxed go there , if u want just have fun with some girls, drink and whatever u like ... maby smoke marijuana etc, just go in Nederland Smile

Znapetz.
skukreja
my best trip is one i made to south india marvelous temples and coconut water
girls college
all fun
and much fun is because we all were together me and my girlfriend.
ganesh
The best trip I made was to Niagara Falls. Took a flight from San Jose to New York, and drove from there. Went along with my family and some cousins. In my opinion it is the only place in the US worth paying money for, to tour. Well, Grand Canyon comes a close second, but Niagara Falls is my choice Smile
TurtleShell
...either the trip to Peru, or spring break when I did a study abroad semester in college. or that trip to New Orleans several years ago... Or every trip I've ever taken to Vermont.

Hmm.
wellerchap
Has anyone here done the SkyWalk at the Grand Canyon?
That looks like great fun, but do you agree it's good on the natural beauty of the place?
agustin
I went to the states last summer and it was great, I went alone... to florida... it is so nice... I spend a couple of days there and then move to San Francisco... the best city I ever visited... so so beautifull---
TurtleShell
I'd like to go to San Francisco someday. I'd like to see all those big hills.
djcaution
DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
My favorite trip of all time was a canoing expedition I went on through the wilderness of Minnesota and Canada. It took about 11 days, and I went about 90 miles. I loved it because it was so secluded. I didn't see other people, I just saw animals. It was fun because I'd travel across lakes and rivers and once I'd get to the edge of the river, I'd put the canoe up on my shoulders, my friend would put our backpack on his back, and we'd hike until we got to the next lake or river. It was relaxing, and the fishing was great.
icecool
i live in the gambia, west africa. this summer i went to france for a week to meet my partner who was coming in from the us. to meet up was a logistical nightmare - i had to take 3 different flights and a long car journey to meet up with er in paris and her flight was delayed by a whole day.
after finally meeting up at the airport for the very first time - we met on the internet - we drove by car from paris to lyon. this was in june and france showed off it's beauty to its best. i had been to trhe area before a number of times but my partner was traveling for the first time - just to watch her wonderment was just about the best travel experience i ever had.

cheers
nivre
best trip so far when i had my summer vacation at Dubai...its an open country and mixed culture was dominant, Indian, Persian, Pakistani, Americans, Europeans and a lot more of people...and its more busiest than ever as thay claim world records..Malls, Open beaches, theme parks, Scenic views and the culture of the people living their interesing.
watersoul
My best trip was 3 months in Laos, staying on tiny islands in the Mekong river, on the border with Cambodia.
Why?
...absolutely rural, landscapes to make your eyes smile, a river kilometer's wide, bamboo shacks, loads of snakes, beautifully friendly people, and a strong local intoxicating spirit "Lao Lao".
The best experience was after paying a border guard US$50 (to illegally enter Cambodia's water space without a visa) and traveling a few miles downstream where I saw rare freshwater dolphins - some of the few hanging on and not caught yet by fishermen. Very Happy
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
I went to Stockholm last year, during july, and it was really interesting. The city is beautiful and people are very friendly. I visited many museums, skansen was the best one: it was like a ancient town where you could find houses and people living like 500 years ago!

Sweden's culture is really interesting and people's mind is better than in my country, France. If I had the possibility to live in Stock, I won't hesitate! If someone wants to exchange his swedish nationality with mine, just tell me! :d
joshumu
I think my favorite trip was my first time really traveling (not touring) about 3 years ago. I had took hellhound from Colorado Springs to New Orleans in May 05. I had great adventures and meet many great people (many I continue to talk to) and all the wile learning a new and interesting skill set: surviving on the streets with little or no money. Broken down thats: safety(in #'s), food(dumpsters, anarchists, churches), and shelter (mostly the dog park). After 2 weeks on the streets in NO, i hopped on a fright train with 2 kids headed east. I think i told that story else were. I will try to locate it.
Any ways, 3 days later we were in Columbus, Georgia. Two days of hitchhiking and we were Savannah. This time I volunteered with 'food not bombs' a little bit every day in exchange for room and board. A few weeks later i took off with 2 girls that i met in Savannah to Vermont where i hiked the Appalachian Trail to New Hampture where i hitchhiked to NYC where i slept on rooftops high above the breathing city streets. Salvation Army bought me a greyhound ticket back to Colorado Springs so i could go to an art festival where i met Erica.
Thats about half the trip I will do the other half some other time. Heres some pics of the trip,

Sleeping, dog park new orleans

Ridin the rails somewhere in mississippi

Hitchin out of makon with len and trigger.

Kickin in savannah

Roof side, LES NYC
gr8inferno
My best trip was in 2002 when I took my family to The Philippines where I was born. It was a great experienced for all of us. We've been back numorous times but the first trip was unforgettable.
wellerchap
joshumu wrote:
I think my favorite trip was my first time really traveling (not touring) about 3 years ago. I had took hellhound from Colorado Springs to New Orleans in May 05. I had great adventures and meet many great people (many I continue to talk to) and all the wile learning a new and interesting skill set: surviving on the streets with little or no money. Broken down thats: safety(in #'s), food(dumpsters, anarchists, churches), and shelter (mostly the dog park). After 2 weeks on the streets in NO, i hopped on a fright train with 2 kids headed east. I think i told that story else were. I will try to locate it.
Any ways, 3 days later we were in Columbus, Georgia. Two days of hitchhiking and we were Savannah. This time I volunteered with 'food not bombs' a little bit every day in exchange for room and board. A few weeks later i took off with 2 girls that i met in Savannah to Vermont where i hiked the Appalachian Trail to New Hampture where i hitchhiked to NYC where i slept on rooftops high above the breathing city streets. Salvation Army bought me a greyhound ticket back to Colorado Springs so i could go to an art festival where i met Erica.
Thats about half the trip I will do the other half some other time. Heres some pics of the trip,

Sleeping, dog park new orleans

Ridin the rails somewhere in mississippi

Hitchin out of makon with len and trigger.

Kickin in savannah

Roof side, LES NYC

WOW!
What a fantastic story....I'd love the travelling/hiking etc, but would be terrified to sleep rough in this day & age.
Good luck for the remainder....definitely something to look back on when you hang up your boots!
yourtrips
Hongary lol Smile A very cool country and cheap. And Boedapest is a very nice city!
jerredk
Spane --> Barcelona. We visited the stadium of the football team , Monserat a city on a mauntain , Port Aventura the second biggest themepark of europe , ... A really good vacantion , but Spane isn't cheap. You need to pay (around) €25 for each person if you wan't to visit the stadium of Barca.
Pikokola
the best trip that I ever had...
It's just happened recently, about 1-2 months ago, to the tea field near our home city, not too far or long, but it's fun ^^

maybe i'll upload some...
wellerchap
Pikokola wrote:
the best trip that I ever had...
It's just happened recently, about 1-2 months ago, to the tea field near our home city, not too far or long, but it's fun ^^

maybe i'll upload some...

Tell us what a tea field is.....sounds interesting.
Do you have photographs?
Coclus
The best trip I have done was in Indonesia from the nusa tenggara island flores over comodo to lombok, and then back to bali, a hike up an almost 4000 m volcano and various underwater activities included.
evilryu530
disneyworld, was da bomb, i had a great tiem with my girlfriend. went there for a week, went on the rides, stayed at a cool place. it was really fun. i had a good time! think you guys should go there once at least.
czc587
my best trip was to Italy, we went all over. Rome was cool and soo was venice. We had a great time in this beach resort town called Pesacara. Best 3 weeks I recall, lots of fun. I look forward to going back there some day !
stiirr
Went to lonavala
There is a fort called Lohgad it is situated amidst lots of scenery and greenary.It takes lots of energy to climb this ancient fort with rain falling and cool breeze but it is the best experience after we reach the top of the fort .It feels great to see the scenery after efforts and its worth the efforts.
the climb is not so steep but the height of fort is much to climb
Ghost Rider103
Went to Las Vegas.

Stayed in one of the most expensive hotels in Vegas, and the Suite, which was massive. Room service...wow that was true room service, I would love to do that again.

So expensive though.
satksri
Sham trek passes thru series of remote villages north of Indus river, in Laddakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. Beautiful Himalayan vistas. Nice homestays. Gentle passes to cross. Basgo- Likir- Yangthang- Ulley- Hemis Sakpuchan- Ang and finally Timisgam. A nice litle walk which can leave you breathless.. through beauty and altitude (12000 feet plus)..
kody
Honeymoon to New Zealand and Fiji.

Spent a week and a half doing some adventure in New Zealand, then a week and a half of rest and relaxation in Fiji. Amazing day trips within each of the countries. Absolutely amazing.
edwinl
Paradise of fisher (Paraํso del pescador) in Mindo - Ecuador
nigam
Hongkong. So far, that is the country that I can afford it yet. Soon, I will be visiting Paris, France and Italy. I'd like to go EU first before visiting United States of America!! hmmm....I can't wait that to happen soon.
paul_indo
I have been to the USA many times but my best trip was a few years ago when I drove from L.A. to New Orleans and then back again by a different route.

It took a month and I did over 8,000 miles in a brand new Buick rental car. I took about 6 rolls of video on the trip. Went horse riding in Arizona, Played with a rock band in New Mexico and heaps of fun things.
carl_fernandes
The best trip of mine was to Goa.. Its a really cool place .. Had lots of fun there..

Check out my blog on Goa ......
http://amazing-goa.blogspot.com

I have uploaded some pictures I took in Goa on the blog.. It aslo has loads of information about the place.

==========
http://friday-movie-review.blogspot.com/
http://amazing-goa.blogspot.com
Liques
My best trip (even today) was to a big city. Very uggly , stunk and dengerous... this is not the worse: I went sick! But, yes, was my better trip. I will not say the name of this city because someone may live there xD

I never will forget the adventure that I and my friends had. We are guys from small citys, so everything there was 'half' new for us. =)
mikeperhem1
I visited Many countries:
Mexico
Canada
France
USA
Singapore
Germany

Out of these i would like the most USA.