FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

back up to large to upload to phpmyadmin

truespeed
i messed my site up trying to update a script,i had a back up sql file so i thought id be ok (not that i really knew at the time what to do with it if things went wrong)... anyway the sql file i want to upload is 18mb and phpmyadmin says its too large to upload,is there anything i can do?
Bondings
truespeed wrote:
i messed my site up trying to update a script,i had a back up sql file so i thought id be ok (not that i really knew at the time what to do with it if things went wrong)... anyway the sql file i want to upload is 18mb and phpmyadmin says its too large to upload,is there anything i can do?

Split the sql commands in several parts and execute them separately.
truespeed
Bondings wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Split the sql commands in several parts and execute them separately.

I dont know anything about phpmyadmin,so i have avoided it until now,how would i split the sql file up?
Bondings
Maybe use BigDump for it: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Otherwise, you can try to split it yourself. It's a text file with sql commands, mostly INSERT ones, I guess. Just cut the file in 2 or 3 between sql commands (after the semicolon and line break) and execute them separately.
swizzy
please use phpminiadmin for very large sql files (usually 1 mb sql files timeout for me). phpmyadmin is very resource intensive and are usually banned on many hosts