FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database connections failes after new month

Hunterseaker
I have a few problems with my account:
In the month: April, my account/website was suspended because I used to much bandwidth. Now it is May and my account enabled again. Tho the password of Direct Admin and phpmyadmin were changed, and all my database connections won't work.
some of the errors I get:
Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'hunterse_art@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/hunterse/domains/wallpaperheaven.frih.net/public_html/news.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user: 'apache@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/hunterse/domains/wallpaperheaven.frih.net/public_html/news.php on line 5

The strange thing is: everything worked fine before my account got suspended....

Can someone tell me what went wrong?
Bondings
Hunterseaker wrote:
In the month: April, my account/website was suspended because I used to much bandwidth. Now it is May and my account enabled again. Tho the password of Direct Admin and phpmyadmin were changed, and all my database connections won't work.
Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'hunterse_art@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/hunterse/domains/wallpaperheaven.frih.net/public_html/news.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user: 'apache@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/hunterse/domains/wallpaperheaven.frih.net/public_html/news.php on line 5

The strange thing is: everything worked fine before my account got suspended....

If you changed the password of phpMyAdmin/database, you also need to change it in the settings of your files that connect to the database. It's usually settings.php or similar.
Hunterseaker
Bondings wrote:
Hunterseaker wrote:
Quote:

If you changed the password of phpMyAdmin/database, you also need to change it in the settings of your files that connect to the database. It's usually settings.php or similar.

The thing is: I didn't changed the password before my account got suspended, after it was enabled again, all the passwords were different, I had to use the forgot your pass function...
After that I restored the password to my old, tho still nothing works....
Bondings
Maybe go to the database/mysql management in DirectAdmin and change the password of the user there. And then use that same password in the settings file.
Hunterseaker
Bondings wrote:
Maybe go to the database/mysql management in DirectAdmin and change the password of the user there. And then use that same password in the settings file.

It works now, I re-entered the passwords in the sql managment again....
Tho why were they changed?
Bondings
Hunterseaker wrote:
Bondings wrote:

It works now, I re-entered the passwords in the sql managment again....
Tho why were they changed?

I really have no idea why. Maybe a bug in DirectAdmin. We'll probably never know unless it happens again.

Edit: I found this bugfix: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=762 . Maybe it was something related to this issue.