FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crazy language/character set in MYSQL! HELP, PLEASE!!!

pagear
Hi,

Language and/or character set in my tables was changed! Some characters are displayed wrong (with strangers symbols instead). What is it? How can I correct this?

My language is Brazilian Portuguese, character set Latin1. Everything was fine, some weeks ago, but now, nothing is working. I thing that problem is "utf-8" in MYSQL. What is this?

Thanks.
SamiTheBerber
pagear wrote:
Hi,

Language and/or character set in my tables was changed! Some characters are displayed wrong (with strangers symbols instead). What is it? How can I correct this?

My language is Brazilian Portuguese, character set Latin1. Everything was fine, some weeks ago, but now, nothing is working. I thing that problem is "utf-8" in MYSQL. What is this?

Thanks.
You need to have same encoding on the page you do table and on MySQL Character set. I use in every place utf-8 and have changed the character set in to utf-8 and the page I send data has also utf-8. All files has made with utf-8. Your problem is solved when your codings match.