FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suburbia

tkGER
THIS MIGHT REVEAL PART OF THE PLOT, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM AND INTEND TO DO IT, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER

Has anyone seen this movie? I couldn't understand why they had to finish it like it did... If you think about it, in the last part, when he finally finds out he was right about his neighbour, Robert had no need to "capture" his mother. I mean, the neighbour didn't know that the chinese boy had taped the face of that poor girl so he had no need to take any "hostages".
Let's suppose he had somehow managed to know what the boy had taped... He knocks out the mother, ties her up, beats ronnie with the bat abd goes after the paranoid boy who manages to escape and gets into his neighbours house to look for and free his mother.
He actually finds all the bodys, is practically terrified by being surrounded by all those corpses in the water, get's stabbed and kills a man with those tiny little scisors he was carrying... Now... let's analyse this... you don't need to be a genious to realize he'll need heavy psychological treatment after all of this, right?
However, you can see him smiling (with his mother whose life had just been threatened by a man she considered her "handome innocent neighbour") and joking with a policewoman they had been not very friendly to from the beggining of the film... After his device beeing deactivated, he gets out and looks for his girlfriend... does he seek support? Is he feeling down and wants her to comfort him? Not at all. He just wants some fun with the girl, who incidentally was involved but disappeared like magic in the middle of the action!

Lousy ending or what?
Idoru
I'm getting a bit confused here... I've seen 'Suburbia', but I suspect that there are
more then one movie with that name. The one I've seen is about a bunch of punk-
rockers and their social backgrounds. A sad ending, I recall, even if it's a long time
since I saw the movie.
Not the same one?
tkGER
No, different movie... too bad, I wanted someone to tell me what they thought of it... I got the name wrong, it was "disturbia", not suburbia... Lol, no one is going to look in this topic if I get the name wrong