FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop hobby

Heroin
Hi I got a new hobby. It is Photoshop Very Happy her is some jobs of mine :

like I said it is new my hobby so I am really unexperienced. I would Like if Some people who is working with Photoshop to would to put here their jobs too Very Happy .[/list]
Qube
Well, I've recently been interested in vectoring.
Many ppl have been getting into this, I can see why.
It usually wields great results.
Here's my very first 1, I only finished it a few days ago.
Took me about 4hrs, as I'm not very skilled w/ the pen tool yet.
Here's the original.

You might recognize him from Fruits Basket.
Kyo, woo.
I had him as an ava, but I figured he should be blown up all nice and pretty.
Here's my finished product.
[LINKED]
My 2nd vector didn't turn out as good, as it was an attempt from an icon.
The icon had really crappy detail to begin w/, so my attempt turned out even worse.
But ya, that's my new hobby lately.
Too bad each vector takes hours upon hours. Confused
imera
Photoshop is what I use most of my spare time at, and I love it. I have tried alot of things.
Vectoring (mostly portraits), drawing, pixel drawing... I mostly pixel draw, it's my favourite. I also try to make alot of different things, but with the current mouse I use now it's hard to do what I really want to, or how I wan't it to turn out.
darence
Heroin wrote:

like I said it is new my hobby so I am really unexperienced. I would Like if Some people who is working with Photoshop to would to put here their jobs too Very Happy .[/list]

Nice hobby. Tell me how to draw lines like smoke? You did it on your first pohtography

I like to use photoshop cs3, but I am just a beginner. I'm working on glass effects in my drawings. I use photoshop in web design, too
Annush_K
For me Photoshop is also a part of a hobby. Even though I'm in some way a professional artist, in digital tools I'm too lame to make money from drawing.
Yet, I do drawings, paintings or photomanips in PS just for fun or excercise.

And, agreeing with imera, pixelling is love Very Happy
Sharpie
Yea, I'd like to get into Photoshop but I really don't have the money to buy it. Think it was $649 for Adobe Photoshop CS2 last I checked or something. Yea, as a teenager that is way to crazy of a price and I'm even working full time over the summer. I may be going for a computer major in college but I'd rather spend my money on a new car thank you. Rolling Eyes
Studio Madcrow
Photoshop IS expensive, but you can do the same sorts of things with programs that are either cheaper (Photoshop Elements and Paint Shop Pro are both cool) or even FREE (GIMP)

Photoshop may be a good image editior, but it isn't the only one. Don't let a lack of funds stifle your creativity.
pfbetterdayz
hi, i just have a general question. are there any free photoshopping programs that are available? recently, i became interested in photoshopping, especially designing cars.
Thank you
w1266
There is GIMP, which is a free graphics programme. It is quite good, used it a lot recently:)
stan
Good job on your banners. But YEa, photoshop is way out of my budget Sad Exclamation
lethaltriad
Nice works so far, i'm sure you'll go along way with a lil more practice. I use to do graphic design and banner making also but now i'm stuck with retouching and picture editing.
sopetite
I also use Photoshop CS. I love that software. Anyone here who knows any good add-ons site?
Grom
I use Photoshop to create layouts for my sites. Photoshop is easy and very powerfull and you can find many tutorial in internet Smile
missdixy
I like Photoshop CS< but also use Paint Shop Pro X more.
pretentious
yeah there's the gimp... the gimp is great. I love the gimp. and it's gimpness. there are only a few functions that i miss that adobe offers. but there are always workarounds.
melissareich
I love photoshop Very Happy I'm not excellent at it yet, but I'm pretty good. I bought a book on it too, just never read it. I kind of mess around with all the tools and it just comes out right, haha.
karysky
I love Photoshop, I use it for all my websites.

I also finished my first digital painting not so long ago with Photoshop, here it is:

b4r4t
I like photoshop - a lot !
But ... my graphic skills are to low for digital painting (but maybe one day or another I'll try it).

I use photoshop for web design (not commercial because I don't have license for photoshop - I haven't bought it). When my design skills improve I'll try thinking of buying it... or get job in design agency for start:)
B.E.W.D
Wow, It seem great. I'm a beginer with Photoshop, too. I only make some avatar with it and my friend say they are great. I'm going study more about Photoshop
pretentious
karysky wrote:

I also finished my first digital painting not so long ago with Photoshop, here it is:

one hell of a first digital work... do use a regular mouse or have got a stylus and tablet? been wanting to get one for awhile... only chance i ever got to play with one was many years ago when i was in highschool..

again... congrats on the first piece.. it looks great
karysky
pretentious wrote:
karysky wrote:

one hell of a first digital work... do use a regular mouse or have got a stylus and tablet? been wanting to get one for awhile... only chance i ever got to play with one was many years ago when i was in highschool..

again... congrats on the first piece.. it looks great

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it! I used a regular mouse, but I intend on getting a tablet too, soon.. well... I mean, not THAT soon, but soon ;0

You can see the larger version here, if you wish !

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56481614/
XKaktusX
Yours all works all really good respect Wink
hellpainter
Paintshop Pro is terrible. I use Photoshop and have been using it for quite some time now. I wouldn't trade it for the world...
b4r4t
hellpainter wrote:
Paintshop Pro is terrible. I use Photoshop and have been using it for quite some time now. I wouldn't trade it for the world...

It's not terrible (if it is 8 from Jasc Software inc. - not this from Corel) ... but it have less functions than photoshop.
If You only want to retouch photo than PSP is verry nice software because of it price which is much lower than photoshop.
If You learn PSP well You may make lot of things that photoshop can do Smile
Even good used GIMP can make same work as photoshop (but it will cost You som additional work and few hours more)

I used PSP 1 year, maybe more and I liked it ... now I'm using photoshop and I'm thinking that Adobe product is better , but that don't change my opinion that PSP is nice software too Smile

Sometimes there is no need to use Combine Harvester only tu mow Your grass yard
livilou
I like to play around with photoshop. I use it to create different coloring pages for one of my websites. I can't draw, but I'm good at copiing and pasting. Very Happy But I always make sure I have permission to use other peoples stuff. Plus, I like to go to different sites and check out their tips to see if I can do that. It's a lot of fun for me. Now I'm triing to get my kids into it. They are both very good at drawing. I have no idea where their talent came from, it's not from me, that's a fact.
Ennex
Hey you've got some pretty good pictures there, it's my hobby also, takes a while to get the hang of but once you know the basics you can pretty much do anything, it's a good thing to know.

Nice work
jharsika
imera wrote:
Photoshop is what I use most of my spare time at, and I love it. I have tried alot of things.
Vectoring (mostly portraits), drawing, pixel drawing... I mostly pixel draw, it's my favourite. I also try to make alot of different things, but with the current mouse I use now it's hard to do what I really want to, or how I wan't it to turn out.

What is vectoring?
jharsika
karysky wrote:

Awesome! It's amazing what some people can do on the computer, digital-art wise.
jenice
Photoshop is a big hobby of mine. I do mostly composites and the like. I tend to use them in illustrations and e-zine and e-book covers.

I use it for a lot of things. I'm always finding a reason to open it up. LOL
markrc99
My girlfriend inherited a small Mac laptop from her mom several years ago and she just loves it. She recently bought a new laptop that has Photoshop CS3 and she's in the learning curve now. What she really loves to do is scrapbooking, partiularly with old photos of her parents when they were younger. She has a book that's leading her through tutorials, although not all of the lessons are "worthy".

She recently scanned some very old filmstrip negatives that came out crystal clear! Course, I believe that had more to do with the scanner's "filmstrip Adapter" than Photoshop, but you wouldn't believe the quality, it's like from lost archive ... incredible!
mixka
Heroin wrote:

Nice work
secondeye
Well am still Using photoshop 7.0
soon i be jump to the Recent new version of photoshop, well I like To make funniest pictures through it but can't create my own Originol image, i mean i just copy the image from another image and merge to the enw one and make a cool color combination, thats it no new More creativity i know abt it, Well beside photoshop What you guys use for interactive design or making your own image?
BrookfieldPC
karysky wrote:

Do you use a drawing tablet (e.g. from Wacom)? Also, have you ever tried Corel PainterX? I hear that's really good when it comes to making digital paintings look real (because it emulates blending with different paper types). I just wish I could paint "somewhat" well to try it out haha
netgalorecafe
whoa, I like your digital painting! It's cool and realistic!

Anyway, could I ask for some favor?

Could you teach me on how to do it on photoshop? Laughing

Thanks!
thealpha
the pictures are very beautiful, thanks for your share
Sipe
I like too photoshop. I have the Adobe Photoshop CS2. Its really good, and its usefull, becouse I take pictures a lot, and photoshop is good at edit them, like contrast, hue, saturation and other like that Razz

I am also interested of digital drawing. I dont really now, how to start the drawing, and where :S Can anybody give me some tips? Smile Thanks
Sipe
And I also did my avatar with photoshop Razz Next I will do my signature.. Wink
balticJay
Heroin wrote:
Hi I got a new hobby. It is Photoshop
like I said it is new my hobby so I am really unexperienced. I would Like if Some people who is working with Photoshop to would to put here their jobs too Very Happy

great work heroin Very Happy they are brilliant i have photoshop but don't really use it i use paintshop pro have done for years now

Quote:
karysky wrote:

wow now thats what i would love to learn it's excellent
jasmine
The pictures are great!

I just realized that I haven't used Photoshop in a long while. Let's go back to the drawing board! XD
Sipe
Now I did this my signature. Comments?
Coclus
I love Photoshop it s so much fun.. one of my projects is my signature..Wink I love how well documented it is: you can find tutorials for everything on the web
m00tmuffin
Awesome work with the sigs and the portrait...amazing what people can do. I've been toying around with Photoshop for years ever since I began using it for the first time in my high school photography class. I love the program and it's a fun one to use, but if you need something at all GIMP is a great free program too, like many others have noted. Just remember to play around with it and have fun as much as you can...experiment...don't be afraid to try something new or try a new tutorial out. There's always control + z. Razz
tony
nice; well GIMP is my hobby - similar ya Smile
Shewolf
Nice pictures, everyone! Very Happy
Well, I've been using photoshop a lot now, the past years. And ever since I got my own computer, I got addicted. It's fun, to sit and make silly and not so silly things.
Soymilko
OMGOSH! I love photoshop! i'm just waiting to get hosted. haha.
bonestorm74
Yeh Photoshop is lots of fun. At first it came seem a bit overwhelming, there are so many options and buttons you can press. Probably a good idea to take a few of the multitude of online tutorials that are available to learn basics like layers and masks and so on. It is a really good feeling when you can achieve the look or effect you want with a minimum of effort. A bit of practice and anyone can do it.
agustin
I also start using photoshop and its so usefull! its great! But obviously theres a lot of thing to learn, bye.
max2500
Photoshop is awesome, I use it mostly for designing my websites and touching up my photographs etc
Although I have tried some digital painting and drawings, but they were really bad and I think I'll just stick of my website designs in future Smile

Photoshop is great like that though, so many people use it for so many different reasons / uses!
Coclus
Yeah, I agree Photoshop is just awesome..
Crazy_Canuck
I've been using GIMP 'coz it's free. Smile Can anyone direct me to some of the best online tutorials for the GIMP? I've got a book, but I seem to have plateau'd on my learning curve.

I need some inspiration from another source. Any help is appreciated ............
Rico
Can you say this is a job of my hobby? That sounds a little like a contradiction.

PS. What’s POVYLAZZ?
@OP, some of them look pretty good. You should try out some text effects, might make it look a little more professional.
greekwoof
these are ur artworks?Smile) how old are you bro?
well try to work with layers.. and add some effects.. u just got images and used some brushes.. u need to learn layers and effects Smile
TheLegendsUnite
I want to buy photoshop and get started with it but its too much money Sad
agustin
Photoshop is soo good.
cvkien
i love photoshop too. i still remember the first time i learn photoshop 6. and now, i am using photoshop cs3. i still remember that time i was participating a website competition and i learn it in 1 day. and finally i got first price in the competition. and so, it makes me take more time on photoshop and until now. recently, i am doing digital photography. with photoshop cs3, the photo is awesome!
Legolas710
I use Photoshop all the time! Smile
Mostly I make graphics for my video games in it, but I sometimes do other things too.
This is a very small graphic that I just made , but it isn't really anything (seriously). Most of the time I make bigger things. Photoshoping, especially with special effects, is fun! Very Happy
Sickpigen
darence wrote:

Nice hobby. Tell me how to draw lines like smoke? You did it on your first pohtography

I like to use photoshop cs3, but I am just a beginner. I'm working on glass effects in my drawings. I use photoshop in web design, too

Brushes..
u can found a lot here

my work

blindmonk
I been working alot lately with Photoshop CS2 I made a couple of graphic here lately and have learned alot from video tutorial I found on youtube and things like that.
KatanaSky
i LOVE photoshop - I've dabbed quite a bit on graphic designing ...but like many of my hobbies they alternate taking turns on the backburner lol

Currently I use Photoshop 7.0 would love to upgrade to one of the newer versions but they are so expensive!

I've tried other programs (e.g. print shop pro, gimp, etc) ...but nothing compares to PS in my opinion. It take a while to get your head around the program and the tools but once you do, you can never look back I think!

I've been meaning to upload my past works in my frihost site but I've been procrastinating as usual. ..just one of those things that doesn't have to be done today. lol
dcfive65ive
honestly, your work is not that proffesional loooking, take this as a constructive comment, learn to use different style brushes, try to color match things, such as renders
Blarg
I have been using different versions of PSP (7,8, X2..) yet i've never tried using Photoshop CS3.

Might have a look at it again. Smile

By the way, good graphics for a first try.
There's quite a lot of website that do free fonts, you might be able to scrabble through the heaps of junk and find some cool one's for your images. Wink
carlospro7
I'm currently taking a digital imaging course using Photoshop CS3. I just started this class and I'm really excited to learn its features and tools, and I'm looking forward to making it a new hobby of mine.