FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drive Season 1

mattchun
I think it's cool, with hot girls and cars.

But why they stop it?
schmidi
i don't know, what you mean?

Is this a series?
mattchun
Yes, it was showed for several week but finally stopped.
schmidi
Can you give me a website or more information?
Frankn
On IMDB.com
Official site - FOX

I wrote more in a thread that was posted earlier in this forum - LINK
gh0stface
Heh, after only having aired two episodes, FOX has already decided to yank this show off air.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/26/television.drive.reut/index.html
gtherockgod
I dunno. I thought it was a cool show. I guess Im a fan of Nathan Fillion (main actor) so Im a little biased. I figured Fox would cancel it, they always pull the plug on shows without even giving it a chance to gain a fanbase. If it's not MASSIVE right at launch, Fox won't give it a chance.
gh0stface
gtherockgod wrote:
I dunno. I thought it was a cool show. I guess Im a fan of Nathan Fillion (main actor) so Im a little biased. I figured Fox would cancel it, they always pull the plug on shows without even giving it a chance to gain a fanbase. If it's not MASSIVE right at launch, Fox won't give it a chance.

Well, when you spend that much effort promoting that show and don't get a huge showing, it's kind of understandable at why they pulled that show. But still, Fox tends to not let the show grow at the same time.
Scaramanga
gh0stface wrote:
gtherockgod wrote:

Well, when you spend that much effort promoting that show and don't get a huge showing, it's kind of understandable at why they pulled that show. But still, Fox tends to not let the show grow at the same time.
Yeah I think Fox has a bad tendancy to do this lately. What's sad is that it wasn't always that way, or we probably never would've got shows like X-Files. I don't know why Fox doesn't just produce more shows, but air them on a different network, if they are worried about ratings (like they did with Buffy on WB.)
et-configs
ITs off the air?!?!?!? How I've watched 4 episodes of it and you say there are only 2
Frankn
There are two more episodes to be aired.
bluefossil
Nathan Fillion must be cursed. just like FireFly. At least firefly had a few more episodes. I was really interested on how his character was gonna turn out.

and the show would have only been good for one season. I just wish Fox would have stuck it out. I mean How long could a secret Cross country race go on for?

I hope they at least air what episodes they already shot. or at least someone leak them So i can find it online.
HereticMonkey
Scaramanga wrote:
I don't know why Fox doesn't just produce more shows, but air them on a different network, if they are worried about ratings (like they did with Buffy on WB.)

Er...You do know that there is a difference between 20th Century Fox the production company and Fox TV, right? Not trying to be a jerk, it's just that Fox TV may have had an opportunity to view Buffy (and other shows) just like any other network (in fact, Buffy almost aired on CBS first!), but 20th Century produces a lot of things that would never even be able to air on Fox TV (such Tales From the Crypt).

But I definitely wish that they would give shows a better chance...

HM
Scaramanga
HereticMonkey wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
I don't know why Fox doesn't just produce more shows, but air them on a different network, if they are worried about ratings (like they did with Buffy on WB.)

Er...You do know that there is a difference between 20th Century Fox the production company and Fox TV, right?

Yup, I'm aware there's a difference. This show WAS a 20th Century Fox (I think they just call it Fox now though, since we've passed the 20th century) however, just like shows in the past that they've cancelled. As I said X-Files was the last example of a truly good Fox show (at least the first 3-4 seasons) that was Fox produced that they let stay on the network. And IIRC X-Files didn't have fantastic ratings in the first season either.
bluefossil
well I guess I have to wait till the summer for the last two episodes of Drive. Those bastards could at least air it now since it's canceled.
mattchun
I was told that it will be aired soon in about one month, cheer up! guys
xbcd
i don't get why since i remember seeing soooo many ads for the t.v. show before it even started that i couldn't wait for it to start.... then they cut it after 4 episodes.

FOX SUX FOR TAKING THIS TRULY AWESOME SHOW AWAY