FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Sony can sell some PS3s.

Osmodius
By re-releasing all of these games together on a Blu-ray disc:

Metal Gear Solid
MGS: Special Missions / MGS: VR Missions / MGS: Integral
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (probably not possible since it was a GC exclusive)

And possibly including MGS2+3, although they're still easy to find.

If they re-released those games, possibly with updated graphics/features together with MGS4, I think they'd sell a shitload of PS3s. They could do the same with games like FFVII and VIII.

Whatchu guys think?
Geminh
That's a cheap way to sell more games, but I'm not sure if people who have played the games before will buy those products. Sure it might look better, but if the game is exactly the same, I don't see a point of marketing the same games just to sell more merchandise for a system like the PS3. I think they should just stick to creating newer games for existing series like MGS and FF. But I bet you that PS3 is already coming up with an idea similar to this if their games and systems don't sell as much as they intended.
Osmodius
Geminh wrote:
I'm not sure if people who have played the games before will buy those products. Sure it might look better, but if the game is exactly the same, I don't see a point of marketing the same games just to sell more merchandise for a system like the PS3.

The original MGS, Special Missions and Twin Snakes are all impossible to find anymore, yet there are many gamers who will be playing MGS4 without ever playing the original games.

Twin Snakes would be an especially good title to re-release, since most fans of the MGS series have never even seen it (why the Gamecube, Kojima? WHY!).
Packfan104L4
Release the games on the Marketplace, not a Blu-Ray. Cheper production cost and a cheaper distribution cost.
web-geek
personaly i dont think it would work to sell more games.... but to sell more ps3's all it would take in my eye is MGS4 (im soo excited)... but most people dont get rid of their old systems... well people that i know anyway hehe =D
Seiji
They need some better games Laughing Also when the dvd player starts to decline people will probably start buying the PS3 since it is one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players available.
Octaeder
Osmodius wrote:
By re-releasing all of these games together on a Blu-ray disc:

Metal Gear Solid
MGS: Special Missions / MGS: VR Missions / MGS: Integral
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (probably not possible since it was a GC exclusive)

And possibly including MGS2+3, although they're still easy to find.

If they re-released those games, possibly with updated graphics/features together with MGS4, I think they'd sell a shitload of PS3s. They could do the same with games like FFVII and VIII.

Whatchu guys think?

Or they could simply release some new exclusive original games...

Something which Sony are in the process of doing... It's just going to be september that most ofthem are released. Frustrating maybe but between playing resistance online, completing oblivion, the games like calling all cars that are being released in the next month or two over PSN and the giant back catalogue of games for the PS2 I've got to work through I can deal with the wait.
Blu_Spykz
Just waiting for the time I can play MGS3 on my PS3...

Wasn't "online" on my PS2... BUT now that I am, I find I can't play MeGeSo3. Gutted. For now.
Guelila
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Release the games on the Marketplace, not a Blu-Ray. Cheper production cost and a cheaper distribution cost.

I agree with Packfan on this issue.
If they are to re-release old games, they wouldnt need to release them on blue-rays...
Unless they extremly upgrade the graphics, it will be unneccesary to release them on a blue-ray because the games will not take so much space....
I think..
et-configs
Seiji wrote:
They need some better games Laughing Also when the dvd player starts to decline people will probably start buying the PS3 since it is one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players available.

I completely agree with your comment on the declining of dvd players. They will lower and many people will buy the ps3. That is why i bought my ps2 before it was a great dvd and also great games to play Razz
Osmodius
Guelila wrote:
If they are to re-release old games, they wouldnt need to release them on blue-rays...

I meant a single Blu-Ray for all the Metal Gear games, or something.

I'd buy it.. two times.
bigdan
How about making it cheaper? Razz
mattchun
I think wii is the best platform, with Xbox and Ps3 focusing on the hardware, they focus on the game itself.
Osmodius
Ironic you would bring that up in a thread about the best game series ever made. XD

Have fun playing Wii Tennis.