FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hotkey problem.

Dougie1
A while a go I set up a hotkey to point to a folder but I can't remember how I did it. How would I get rid of it. The hot key is alt+f5 if it helps.
trefen
I use to make a shortcut to the folder, rightclick it and select properties. Then I go to the Shortcut-tab, select Hotkey and push the hotkey I want (windows).

Hope it helps!
(sorry my bad english...)
ronald.helpdesk
press the hot key (alt + f5) when the target opens, go up one level in the folder tree, select the target folder, or the shortcut that points at it, press the right button of your mouse, select properties, go to the hot key field and erase it, that way you can get rid of the stupid hot key, if you did it using windows, if you manage yourself to set a hotkey using 3rd party software, the procedure changes a bit.
Dougie1
I can't find this part of the properties window. My properties window looks like this:

Where do I go from there?
mystzero
Nope. You are not doing it right. You are suppose to browse to the location where you created the shortcut for the "Microsoft Games" folder, not the actual folder "Microsoft Games" which is located in the "Program Files" directory. Once you have found the shortcut(not the actual folder) for the "Microsoft Games" folder, right-click on it and select "Properties...". Then, click on the "Shortcut" tab. Clear the shortcut key associated to it. and click "OK".